Irvin's HOF Induction Should Make Bruce Automatic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irvin's HOF Induction Should Make Bruce Automatic

Michael Irvin is a Hall of Famer. Can there be any question now that Isaac Bruce should be one too when he becomes eligible?

Let's look at the numbers:

Career Totals (Bruce, of course, still active):

Irvin: 750 receptions/11,904 yards/65 TDs
    Bruce: 887 receptions/13,376 yards/80 TDs

Career Single-Season Bests:

Irvin: 111 receptions (1995)/1,603 yards (1995)/10 TDs (1995)
    Bruce: 119 receptions (1995)/1,781 yards (1995)/13 TDs (1995)

Number of 1,000 yard seasons:

Irvin: 7
    Bruce: 8

Playoffs (per game avgs.):

Irvin: 5.4 receptions/82.1 yards/.50 TDs (16 games total)
    Bruce: 4.9 receptions/84.3 yards/.44 TDs (9 games total)

Add to those stats the fact that Irvin had several run-ins with the law while Bruce is one of the best character guys around, how could anyone argue that Bruce is not a sure-fire HOFer?

Re: Irvin's HOF Induction Should Make Bruce Automatic

The superbowl

Comment

We, as Rams' fans, of course think Bruuuuuuce is an automatic HOFer.

The one thing your post did not take into account AV is that the playmaker played for "America's Team"... choke, choke, gag, gag....

RnD

GO RAMS!!
      RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

I heard Irvin's bronze bust will be displayed in the "Hookers and Crack" section of the Hall.:|
        Last edited by Yodude; -02-03-2007, 07:54 PM.
        Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Comment

Of course Bruce should be in the HOF and I think he will be. But we know it's not all about numbers. Sometimes it's about who's the loudest. Can anyone give me a good reason why Art Monk is not in the hall of fame? I fear Bruce may find himself in a situation like Monk.

Comment

I think Monk should be in as well, and Bruce has already surpassed him in career receiving yards and TDs (he's 53 receptions behind Monk).

Comment

Any of those people who induct these players, if any of them have half a brain, they'd know Bruce is an automatic.
              Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

Well, apparently whether a player should be inducted doesn't have much to do with whether they are inducted. The fact that Irvin made it and Monk did not is prima facie evidence that Bruce might not make it in.

But it's not because Bruce shouldn't make it in, it's because the crackheads that do the voting can't be relied upon.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameMN View Post
                  Sometimes it's about who's the loudest.
                  So true. How sad.

There's no question Sir Isaac is a more efficient WR than Irvin, the ' Ugly Little Man' and yes, he should surpass Monk's receptions mark well before the new season ends. He is also far above the former Cowgirl in terms of character and class.

I'm confident we will see Bruce in the HOF as soon as his 5 yrs after retiring are up.

Comment

We all know he definetely deserves it. Isaac is the man!

Comment

Issac Bruce is a Hall of Famer......and everybody knows it, no worries Rams fans

Comment

he is a first ballot hof,now doesn't mean it will happen that way,but it should.we have a lot to look forward to as rams fans down the road with the hall of fame,pace,holt,faulk,aeneas are sure things also.

Comment

The fact that Irvin is in means that I don't really care if Bruce makes it in or not because the system is apparently flawed. Irvin was a good wr but HOF? Longevity and character should factor in to the voting process in my opinion and at this point, the sanctity of the Hall itself is compromised.

Monk is a great example of why the HOF is quickly becoming like the Pro Bowl as far as I'm concerned. The worst part is, I'll NEVER hear the end of it if I'm to watch a pregame show ever again.

Lance Alworth 1962-1972
                          Raymond Berry 1955-1967
                          Fred Biletnikoff 1965-1978
                          Tom Fears 1948-1956
                          Elroy (Crazylegs) Hirsch (also HB) 1946-1956
                          Michael Irvin 1988-1999
                          Charlie Joiner 1969-1986
                          Steve Largent 1976-1989
                          Dante Lavelli 1946-1956
                          James Lofton 1978-1993
                          Don Maynard 1958, 1960-1973
                          Tommy McDonald 1957-1968
                          Bobby Mitchell (also HB) 1958-1968
                          Pete Pihos 1947-1955
                          John Stallworth 1974-1987
                          Lynn Swann 1974-1982
                          Charley Taylor (also HB) 1964-1975, 1977
                          Paul Warfield 1964-1977

There are (now) 18 WR's in the Hall of Fame(in the modern era 1948+). Can someone honestly tell me that Irvin should be on such a short list of WR's over the last 60 years? I think Jerry Jones is throwing his weight around on this one.

Comment

There is no automatic in the HOF. It's not all about the numbers.

Marshall Faulk is doing the right thing by getting his face in front of the public. Irvin is on tv. That probably helped keep his name alive.
                            sigpic

Comment

Bruce will get in.

Comment