Rams "on-field" participation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams "on-field" participation

How are crazy fans like us ever going to get a chance to ACTIVELY participate in a rams game? There are three ways that i can think of, let me know which you think is the coolest (ie which job would you want if you had your first choice)

1) The guys who stand on the sidelines holding the down markers. They get to run on the field at critical times. These are basically volunteer or very very low paid positions, but it does get you on the field during the game, albeit not during the action.

2) The guy who picks up the kicking tee after money kicks off. he has to run onto the field and grab the tee, which is actually a very cool job. I have been to many games in person, but i cant remember if this guy runs onto the field after the ball has been kicked and during the action. If he is running onto the field during the action, it would certainly be bizarre if he pulled a muscle and came up lame while the action was coming at him on a long return. He could potentially get run over and be scarred for life.

3) My personal choice- The guy that carries the flag out of the tunnel at the start of the game as the team runs out behind him. This guy gets to run around the stadium waiving the big rams flag every time we score a td which is great, but the pumping adrenelin of running out of the tunnel leading the team, especially for a home playoff game, is about the coolest thing i can realistically imagine.

4) Other. One of the random marketing participations, ie pregame coin flip (although a playoff game OT coin flip might be cool) or a halftime promotion. I hold these in low esteem, but everyone is certainly entitled to their own view.

Let me know what you guys and gals think, seems like a good topic for the slow time before free agency and the draft.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Re: Rams "on-field" participation

I know you said "on-field," but what I think would be really cool would be to sit in the coach's box watching them analyze and call plays.

Comment

5) I get a job as a janitor at the EJD. After early warmups are done and he heads back to the locker I knock Matt Turk unconscious and hide him in the broom closet. I then put on his uniform and run out onto the field with the team. Then hopefully the Rams go 4 and out on their first possesion so I get to attempt at least one punt before Matt is discovered and I am arrested.

Comment

6.) A member of the chain gannnnnnng!
        sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

7.) Have a freak accident and become a super hero and join the team as the best player alive. Hey it could happen.

:8

Comment

Get a job selling beers (or knock a vendor on the head and take his gear) then stand around, or even move around from time to time takin peoples money (vending) always taking the first swig after blowin off the foam. You could then get onto the RAMS sideline when security runs you down.
            Look away. I'm hideous. __ Cozmo Kramer

Comment

Originally posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
              5) I get a job as a janitor at the EJD. After early warmups are done and he heads back to the locker I knock Matt Turk unconscious and hide him in the broom closet. I then put on his uniform and run out onto the field with the team. Then hopefully the Rams go 4 and out on their first possesion so I get to attempt at least one punt before Matt is discovered and I am arrested.
              Sounds like something Leslie Nielsen would do?

Nice beaver.
              sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Originally posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
                ^ HEll yeah this wins hands down... or in cuffs I love this job idea. But on more realistic note, the guy who picks up the ball holder would be it.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• general counsel
                  Rams carrying flag onto the field
                  by general counsel
                  Wouldnt you just LOVE to be the guy who carries the rams flag out of the tunnel when the squad comes out onto the field and runs around the stadium carrying it around? I think the same guy runs the flag around the dome every time the rams score a td. A local car dealer ran a promotion this year, the winner got to run the flag around (weekly winner). I think thats a better and cooler job than the kid that gets to run onto the field after the kickoff to remove the tee.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                  -01-27-2006, 03:00 PM
                • Nick
                  What I Saw from Section 113
                  by Nick
                  Well, here a couple notes of what I saw from the Edward Jones Dome on my trip this weekend.

-The officiating to start the game was absolutely horrible. I saw two blatent holding calls that were missed, one on the long pass and run from Hass to Jurevicius. We may as well have dropped all 11 defenders into coverage, because they weren't getting to Hass at all at first, part legit and part from some non-calls, IMO. The PI call on Fisher was absolutely horrendous. It amazes me that the Rams can be called for that as PI, but opposing DBs can practically take Kevin Curtis's head off with no flag on the play.

-Michael Hawthorne shouldn't just be benched. He should be cut. But unfortunately, the Rams don't seem to have someone else they feel confident in back there. Furrey has me on the edge of my seat, waiting to see if he makes a mistake in coverage. If I'm OJ Atogwe, then I'm seeing an opportunity and trying to make the most of it right now. Reports seemed to suggest he was coming along slowly. That strategy didn't work well for Jason Shivers, so hopefully OJ can get in the action where we need him most. I'll give Schottenheimer all the credit in the world and eat a big plate of crow about Chris Johnson, but he sure hasn't looked right about Hawthorne.

-Bulger started slowly, and heard it from the home fans. But he settled down and looked good for the rest of the game. He threw what seems to be the standard "what the heck were you thinking?" interception, but was perfect on both touchdown passes.

-I wish the Rams could shore up the interior of the offensive line, because it looks like the bookends are going to be fine between Pace and Barron. The interior rush however is creating a problem, and I wasn't surprised to see Timmerman on the sideline late in the game.

-I love the screen pass to Steven Jackson, but how many times after the initial successful play did we try to go back to it? Seemed like we tried it another time or two and it didn't work out quite as well, but that first time... MAN!

-One handed grab by Torry Holt. Is there any question he isn't one of the top five receivers in this league? Not only that, but he hurts his knee and then comes back and brings in a touchdown. What a talent.

-Our defense at the end of the first half was embarassing. The ease at which the Seahawks were able to move on us had me shaking my head through the break.

-I don't care what you think of Marmie. Personally, I'm leaning toward the side of telling him to start working on his resumé. But like him or not, Ram defenders were blowing assignments and missing tackles like crazy yesterday. It's a coach's job to have them playing well and efficiently, but it's also a player's job to do what he's supposed to be doing. The 18-yard TD run by Alexander was something the players should have been ashamed of. They need to get the job done,...
                  -10-10-2005, 07:40 PM
                • general counsel
                  carroll blames kicker for mi**** on onside kick
                  by general counsel
                  Per espn, the whining horrible bench coach pete carroll, who cost his team a super bowl with the stupidest play call in nfl history, went public post game blaming his kicker for a mi**** on the onside kick in ot. He claims that the kicker was supposed to kick it short down the right side line because "we saw something there in the rams coverage."

Two reasons at least this is a moronic statement. First, why would a coach publicly call out a player on something like that? He still called an onside kick, albeit a different one. If it doesnt work, the rams are still going to get the ball around their own 40 in a situation where he had no reason at all to take that kind of risk given his vaunted defense and how their offense was moving the ball in the fourth quarter.

Second, and more importantly, if he really thinks he found a weakness in the rams kickoff return alignment, why say it publicly? Why not save it for another time.

Carroll has been a phenomenal evaluator of talent in the draft. They have been a terrific team defensively and pulled a very very good (albeit overated) qb out of the middle rounds of the draft. However, his game day bench skills leave a ton to be desired and i think this is the year that his poor offensive line bits him a bit. I think fisher has repeatedly outcoached him in head to head competition.

I think seattle is likely the team to beat in the nfc if they stay healthy and get chancellor back, but i dont think they are quite as good as they have been and i think carroll hurts them more then helps them on the sideline on game day. You cant minimize what he did to them in the superbowl, if that happened to us, none of us would ever get over it coaching wise.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
                  -09-13-2015, 05:36 PM
                • NJ Ramsfan1
                  Yu Darvish- GUTLESS
                  by NJ Ramsfan1
                  As a big Dodgers fan, needless to say I am extremely disappointed in last night's game 7 loss. The Dodgers' bats didn't show up for much of the series (they hit .205). Guys they counted on during the season played poorly (Justin turner a no-show, Kenley Jansen a blown save and a loss, Cody Bellinger a strikeout machine, among others). They blew a 3-1 lead in game 2, and later 4-0 and 7-4 leads in game 5 with their ace on the mound. Even with all that, the series was there for the taking. And they had game 7 at home. They didn't get it done- and didn't deserve to win.

While he had plenty of company, Yu Darvish deserves the brunt of this scathing critique for his totally gutless performances in games 3 and 7. How a pitcher with his ability could have not one but TWO starts in which he couldn't get out of the 2nd inning is mind-boggling, disgraceful and unprecedented from what I can remember going back a lot of years watching this sport. He should donate his game checks to the American Heart Association since he apparently has none. He's forever damaged how I and undoubtedly many others will view him regardless of what he does from this point forward in his career. Absolutely no balls whatsoever and no appreciation for the occasion and what was at stake.

A bitter, bitter pill to swallow.
                  -11-02-2017, 08:07 AM
                • BIG-BLUE
                  Steriods
                  by BIG-BLUE
                  Just wanted to find out every ones view point on the subject. And if you were the comm. how would you handle the problem?
                  I look at Merrimen & think here is this up & coming superstar who had the NFL in his hands or so it seemed, young fast strong & talented & now he will be forever tainted.

I would love to see a plan put together that has the current 4 game suspension for first time offenders. Because everyone should get a second chance. But the second time its lights out, career done.

If we really want to stop this crap we have to hit them hard were it hurts the most, the pocket book, cuz bottom line its all about the mighty dollar.

Is this thought process to severe? what do you think?
                  -11-01-2006, 06:42 PM
                Working...
                X