Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martz help move talks along??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Martz help move talks along??

    Do you think Martz calling out Jackson was a wake-up call for Jackson?? Or was this something that might come back and bite the coach in the arse.

    We need to get the other 2 signed now by Tuesday. Hargrove is a big one to get there on time. Any words of advise on this one Mike :tongue:

  • #2
    Re: Martz help move talks along??

    Wake up call ................. it was being reported by other players that Jackson was getting c o c k y

    __________________________________________________________
    Keeping the Rams Nation Talking

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Martz help move talks along??

      If Martz needs to jack the kid back a notch so be it. What I wish is that it would stay in house. Call the kid out in camp or behind closed doors. No need to air this stuff to the media.




      :ramlogo:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Martz help move talks along??

        DO you know what has happened behind closed doors? Can you say Martz hasn't already tried this tatic?


        Originally posted by Ferter
        If Martz needs to jack the kid back a notch so be it. What I wish is that it would stay in house. Call the kid out in camp or behind closed doors. No need to air this stuff to the media.




        :ramlogo:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Martz help move talks along??

          Originally posted by Ferter
          If Martz needs to jack the kid back a notch so be it. What I wish is that it would stay in house. Call the kid out in camp or behind closed doors. No need to air this stuff to the media.
          :ramlogo:
          When players are phoning the head coach up to tell him that the new kid on the block is throwing it around, dont you think the press know?

          Good on Martz for not taking bull from the rookie. :tough:

          __________________________________________________________
          Keeping the Rams Nation Talking

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Martz help move talks along??

            No matter what happened up to this point, it is sure going to be interesting to see how jackson does when he hits the field in macomb. If he has/is acting ****y, he will have a bullseye on his back and we should see some indication if he can back it up on the field.

            bernie says ricky williams with heart. In addition to heart, i would add a solid pair of hands, no fumbling, and an ability to block.

            Who has better dreadlocks, jackson or travis fisher?

            ramming speed to all

            general counsel

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Martz help move talks along??

              Nothing to do with sMartz and everything to do with the fact that picks 21 and 27 had signed already so Jackson's bargaining room had narrowed considerably ...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Martz help move talks along??

                Originally posted by Ferter
                No need to air this stuff to the media.
                Actually, I think there was a need. If he's acting ****y (per reports) around the team already, I'm not convinced calling him out privately behind closed doors would make a huge difference. Confront him where it counts and show him you mean business. If you take in him the shed and repremand him privately, that might make him feel as if you're afraid to take a stance against him publically.

                Besides, Martz's comments might have been equally necessary to silent critics and analysts who (1) have been saying Faulk is done and (2) have already said Jackson is the heir apparent without him having ever played a down of professional football. This move might not have just been for Jackson alone.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Martz help move talks along??

                  Whatever guys!!

                  No I don't know what has went on behind closed doors. Do You?

                  Maybe Martz hasn't said anything to Steven? Maybe he just calls him out in the media?

                  If Martz can't take a player aside and make his point then I think he lacks a bit of a dominating presence as a leader. If the kid won't listen to the head coach in private, then, he ain't gonna listen to chicken sh!t back stabbing in the media.

                  Jack the kid back in camp among all the veterans who he has supposedly been acting up to. Maybe a little camp hazing is in order?

                  Excuse me again for even daring to question the methods of the scared cow Mike Martz. Hell he handled it perfectly. Absolutely perfect. Sorry I blew up!!!


                  :ramlogo:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Martz help move talks along??

                    Speaking of reports. Wasn't it the same "reports" that had Faulk hanging it up this year and "reports" saying he was not good after his last surgury. Then we all can talk about the reports of Little and then the reports of Pace and after that how about the reports on Armey not being happy. Oh yeah, lets not forget about Shaw heading to San Diego and Wistrom being the Rams top priority.

                    Then we can talk about the lack of "reports". We can talk about Torry's no worry TINY knee surgury and how about the Turley's back. Or how about Wohlabah's leg. And why again were we not going to sign Timmerman.


                    Originally posted by NickSeiler
                    Actually, I think there was a need. If he's acting ****y (per reports) around the team already, I'm not convinced calling him out privately behind closed doors would make a huge difference.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Martz help move talks along??

                      So, what your saying is that there is little room for these kind of tactics in the NFL. Bill Parcells had no idea what he was doing with Glenn and K. Johnson.

                      Why can not people defend Martz?? Is it only ok to judge him by being critical of him every time he farts? For me, I have a hard time making an ass of him all the time just because he is an easy target. I would like to think that he has a better football head then myself. I would like to think that he is trying to win games and be a good person and be a good coach and just an average one. But I guess we have to blame someone.

                      Originally posted by Ferter
                      Whatever guys!!

                      No I don't know what has went on behind closed doors. Do You?

                      Maybe Martz hasn't said anything to Steven? Maybe he just calls him out in the media?

                      If Martz can't take a player aside and make his point then I think he lacks a bit of a dominating presence as a leader. If the kid won't listen to the head coach in private, then, he ain't gonna listen to chicken sh!t back stabbing in the media.

                      Jack the kid back in camp among all the veterans who he has supposedly been acting up to. Maybe a little camp hazing is in order?

                      Excuse me again for even daring to question the methods of the scared cow Mike Martz. Hell he handled it perfectly. Absolutely perfect. Sorry I blew up!!!


                      :ramlogo:
                      Last edited by RamWraith; -07-25-2004, 04:39 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Martz help move talks along??

                        Originally posted by Ferter
                        No I don't know what has went on behind closed doors. Do You?
                        No, I don't know. That's why I'm not flaming away at Martz for what he should have done. You were the one that did that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Martz help move talks along??

                          Touchy, touchy guys. The season has not begun yet. Save the adrenaline for the games.
                          I don't care how Jacksons attitude gets settled as long as it does. There are actually times persoanlities won't listen unless its public. I do hope the vets can use a little friendly persuasion on the practice field to show Jackson what 'team' means.
                          This does make me seriously want Faulk to do damage to the field this season. If he is truly in the best shape he has been for a few years it should be enough to keep Jackson in line.

                          You know, I may be strutin too if I got on as a rookie to the Rams..lol..till after camp and till I got my ass kicked in the games.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I look at it from this perspective

                            I don't give a rats behind about an athletes personality. If you can play, play. If you are going to be an a hole on and off the field, just win baby. With that, if Jackson is c o c k y great. You have to be somewhat c o c k y to be a good RB. Now he has to back it up. Good for Martz for actually sticking up for Faulk and not necessarily slamming Jackson. This isn't a new technique for Martz or other coaches in the NFL. Also, for every time you have this type of incident, I also have a counter incident. Who is always backing up Faulk in the media? Martz. Faulk has earned that right. When Jackson earns that right, Martz will act the same way to him that he does with Faulk now.

                            These guys aren't babies. They thrive in the media. They live in the media. It's a much different world they live in than I do as I am not a pro athlete. Pro sports actually uses this media as a means of communication. Martz was communicating to Jackson and also to us as fans by saying Marshall is still the man folks. This guy isn't going to waltz in and push #28 aside.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: I look at it from this perspective

                              Originally posted by txramsfan
                              I don't give a rats behind about an athletes personality. If you can play, play. If you are going to be an a hole on and off the field, just win baby. With that, if Jackson is c o c k y great. You have to be somewhat c o c k y to be a good RB. Now he has to back it up. Good for Martz for actually sticking up for Faulk and not necessarily slamming Jackson. This isn't a new technique for Martz or other coaches in the NFL. Also, for every time you have this type of incident, I also have a counter incident. Who is always backing up Faulk in the media? Martz. Faulk has earned that right. When Jackson earns that right, Martz will act the same way to him that he does with Faulk now.

                              These guys aren't babies. They thrive in the media. They live in the media. It's a much different world they live in than I do as I am not a pro athlete. Pro sports actually uses this media as a means of communication. Martz was communicating to Jackson and also to us as fans by saying Marshall is still the man folks. This guy isn't going to waltz in and push #28 aside.

                              Well said, Tex.

                              Comment

                              Loading...
                              Working...
                              X