Are you ready for some football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you ready for some football?

After a long winter of waiting, the squad checks in at 5pm tomorrow, st louis time. My two and a half year old daughter and i will dress in appropriate training camp garb and hold a brief ceremony indicating the start of the new season at exactly 5pm cental. Full pads will not be required for our first session, we will save those for game day.

My recently purchased game used ryan pickett pants arrived in the mail today. They are really very cool, but given that they didnt come with the belt, it will be a bit challenging to actually wear them.

Lets get hargrove signed and get the guys on the field first thing wednesday morning, ready to begin yet another charge at the superbowl title.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Re: Are you ready for some football?

Any GREASE come with those pants?

Comment

No actual grease with the pants, but they really stretch a lot. the material is so cool. I think i will be wearing my orlando pace game used pants when the season starts since they have a belt. It takes a major squeeze for me to fit into my rickey proehl superbowl worn pants and he is no longer with the squad.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

where exactly do you buy used game pants and how much do they usually go for?

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel
          My recently purchased game used ryan pickett pants arrived in the mail today.
          File this under "Things that make you hmmm."

Comment

Game used pants and other rams equipment is offered in a variety of places, often on ebay. The pickett pants were $16 plus $10 for shipping. the shipping was a ripoff, but $25 all in is a pretty good deal considering how cool they are. Bruce or Holt would be worth 100-150 give or take and faulk would be the most expensive. A guy like pace would cost around $75 give or take. If its the superbowl year and/or if they are autographed, they always cost more. Game used jerseys range from about $175 for "common" guys, ie coady, to about $1850 or so for faulk. Game helmets have recently been auctioned for around $350 each for tyoka jackson and about $550 for leonard little. if you buy the Leonard Little helmet for that kind of money, the seller will usually give you a coupon for one free driving lesson...

Note, before buying on ebay, always check the sellers feedback, since there are plenty of fakes out there.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel
              Note, before buying on ebay, always check the sellers feedback, since there are plenty of fakes out there.
              I make it a habit on anything I purchase, regardless of the ability to forge. It's a good lesson for any ebay'er.

Anyways, back to the topic, I'm really getting pumped for the season now that I secured tickets to Rams/Bucs. The idea of attending another Rams game, this time in the home of the Rams, is really getting me excited.

Comment

Nick, while battling it out with the bucs wont seem quite the same without lynch and that jerk sapp, it should still be a fantastic experience to see us romp over them in the dome. We all fully expect that you will be prominently displaying clan ram signage so that we can identify you on tv.

Last ram game i went to in the dome my dad asked me where i was sitting so he could try and see me on tv. I told him to just look for the guy in the white faulk jersey.

general counsel

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• WILLN107
                  by WILLN107
                  Who was number 57 on the 2000 team? My brother just bought game used pants on ebay and we cant remember who it was. thanks in advance
                  -12-02-2004, 03:21 PM
                • Barry Waller
                  Demoffs Tweet
                  by Barry Waller
                  For some of you, I'm sure the most exciting part of his late night tweet pic with Long's agents was that he mentioned going back to the Blue and White Unis !!
                  -03-17-2013, 10:13 AM
                • JFMose
                  Uni Watch interviews Rams longtime equipment manager Todd Hewitt
                  by JFMose

Uni Watch » Uni Watch Profiles: Todd Hewitt

As many of you know, the Rams fired longtime equipment manager Todd Hewitt back in January. Today we have an extensive interview with him, but it wasn’t conducted by me. It was done by football historian Robert Harvell, whose photo archives have been featured here on the site many times.
                  Robert interviewed Todd last month, and the resulting transcript was recently posted over on Helmet Hut. But Robert and Helmet Hut honcho Curtis Worrell both felt that the interview deserved to be published here at Uni Watch as well. After reading it, I wholeheartedly agreed.
                  As you’ll see, the interview has nothing to do with Todd’s firing. That’s another topic for another day. This is all about the work he did with the Rams, the team’s uniform history, and so on. It’s really good stuff — enjoy.
                  Robert Harvell: Todd, when did you start working for the Rams?
                  Todd Hewitt: Well, my dad was hired by the Rams in 1967. I was 11 years old at the time and helped out in the locker room and was a ball boy. In 1978, I was officially hired by the Rams as Assistant Equipment Manager and continued to work with my dad until his retirement in 1984. In 1985, I took over as Rams Equipment Manager, although my dad remained with the team as Equipment Manager Emeritus through 1994, the Rams’ final year in Los Angeles. In 1995, the Rams relocated to St. Louis. My dad joined us there for one final year. So all told, I was with the Rams for 44 years and have worked under 14 different Rams head coaches! Funny, I still remember when the Packers came to town in 1967, my first year with the team. I walked down the Coliseum tunnel flanked by Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr!
                  RH: How many hours per week would you put in once camp began?
                  TH: Let’s put it this way: Once camp started I definitely spent more time at work than at home. In at 5am, leave at 7pm, seven days a week. The only day I’d take off during the season is the Sunday of the bye week. The players’ day off was a treat, because I’d “only” work from 5am to 4:30pm. But I made up for that on game day, especially when we returned from road games, often working very late. It wasn’t unusual for me to spend the night at work after road games. During the off-season I typically worked five days a week, from 6am to 4:30pm.
                  RH: Like most teams, the Rams have changed their uniform color schemes over the years. Do you have a favorite?
                  TH: Honestly, I like them all. For sentimental reasons, I really like the blue and white. But I would have to say that my favorite color scheme was what we wore from 1973-1999, the blue and yellow, what we wore when we won the Super Bowl. In fact, when we wore those colors again for a throwback game, I realized just how much I missed them, they were just so vibrant. I really like the current uniforms as well, but they are so much darker than what we wore before....
                  -05-18-2011, 05:08 PM
                • AvengerRam_old
                  Do you have any phobias?
                  by AvengerRam_old
                  What fears do you have that are irrational or illogical?(don't tell us that you're afraid to swim with Great White Sharks will a leg wound, for example)

I used to have an irrational fear of lightning. It used to freak me out even if I was in a car or house. It originated with a childhood incident when I as at a little league practice and, while I was in the on-deck circle, lightning hit the backstop. I've since gotten over it.

I also once had an extreme fear of public speaking, which I got over (can't do what I do for a living if you are unwilling to speak in public).

Not sure that I have any true phobias today, though I really don't like to be in large crowds of people.
                  -02-03-2006, 02:10 PM
                • psycho9985
                  The Rams need stripes on their pants
                  by psycho9985
                  Trim out the pants with blue and white stripes.I think Bulger could see his wide-out better,might make for less ints. :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo:
                  -02-17-2005, 06:26 AM
                Working...
                X