X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams and rookie quarterback strike 3-year deal

By Bill Coats
    Of the Post-Dispatch

The Rams continue to round up this year's draft picks, reaching agreement on a three-year contract with their sixth-round selection, quarterback Jeff Smoker of Michigan State.

Terms were not disclosed.

Six of the team's seven draft choices are in the fold. Only third-rounder Anthony Hargrove, a defensive end from Georgia Tech, was without a deal Monday. The players are to report today to Western Illinois University in Macomb for training camp.

Smoker, 23, is a native of Manheim, Pa., who appears to be the leading candidate for the No. 3 quarterback spot behind Marc Bulger and Chris Chandler.

Smoker completed 60 percent of his passes and threw for 8,932 yards and 61 touchdowns in four seasons for the Spartans, with 39 interceptions.
    Attached Files

Related Topics

Collapse

Smoker signs
    by Guest
    FYI, i just read in the post dispatch that smoker has signed a three year contract. terms not disclosed. One of the more tech savy guys can post the article. still no news on hargrove.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    -07-27-2004, 05:47 AM
    Will Smoker Be Backup Next Year?
    by Guest
    do you think the Rams will keep Chandler as their backup or do you think they will release Chandler and have Smoker backup Bulger?
    -12-03-2004, 07:48 PM
  • RamWraith
    Rams sign draft pick Jensen
    by RamWraith
    STLtoday.com Sports

07/23/2004
    Erik Jensen has signed a three-year contract with the St. Louis Rams, the team announced Friday. Terms of the deal were not announced.

Jensen, a 6-foot-2, 255-pound tight end from the University of Iowa, wass the first of the Rams' two seventh-round selections (237th overall) in the 2004 NFL Draft.

As a senior, Jensen started 12 games for the Hawkeyes, setting career highs in receptions (12) and receiving yards (182) with one touchdown. Jensen caught 24 passes for 282 yards and three touchdowns in his career.

Jensen is the fourth player of the Rams' 2004 draft class to sign, joining safety Jason Shivers (fifth round selection), center Larry Turner (seventh round) and linebacker Brandon Chillar (fourth round).

With Jensen's signing, the Rams have three more picks left unsigned as they get ready to open training camp next Tuesday at Western Illinois University in Macomb. Those remaining unsigned include the team's No. 1 pick, running back Steven Jackson, defensive end Tony Hargrove and quarterback Jeff Smoker.
    -07-23-2004, 05:52 PM
  • RamsFan16
    Rams | Smoker signed away from Philadelphia
    by RamsFan16
    Jeeze this is like the 3rd time this season he has been signed. This is getting old. KEEP HIM or LOSE HIM
    -11-22-2005, 03:48 PM
  • xfactor28
    I'm a Smoker she's a Smoker
    by xfactor28
    Would'nt you like to be a Smoker too? As much as some of you like to downgrade the Rams picks, Jeff Smoker is a good qb. I have so much love for this team maybe I am looking through rose colored glasses, but he sure looked like a field general to me.
    -09-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Working...
X