First preseason game ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First preseason game ends

The Rams just gave up 175 on the ground.

The poll is expired.

Re: First preseason game ends

It's just the first preseason game so I am not going to be too concerned about it. But if this becomes a disturbing trend in the preseason games afterwards, then I will be concerned.

Comment

Whaaaaat? Are you talking about Friday?
      LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Comment

It's preseason -

First string won't play much anyway until that third game. At that point we'll see how many yards they give up in that first half before the 2nd & 3rd units start coming in.

The pieces are just being put into place for the D line, and the youngsters they will be relying on are just that, YOUNGSTERS. How much can we really expect from them at the beginning of the season learning a new system ?? Once the real games begin I'm sure there will be some tough Sundays in the early going. I'll be taking a real look at this group and how they perform about week four. From there on they will have made the necessary adjustments, personell groupings, and scheme, to match talent that is there and then we'll see how this group will be doing as far as run defense.

They will get better as the season goes along, but I'm not expecting a top ten run defense this year. If it happens, we'll be on our way, but I'm thinking an up & down year for the youngsters of the group.

Maineram -

Comment

Originally posted by Rambos View Post
          The Rams just gave up 175 on the ground.
          As long as there are no injuries they can give up 1075 yards for all I care.
          sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

As long as there are no injuries they can give up 1075 yards for all I care
            I know we need to get out will our guys but we need to show some signs of improvement. What good is it if they are all healthy and can't stop the run. The offense does not have to show me anything, can't say that about our D.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambos View Post
              I know we need to get out will our guys but we need to show some signs of improvement. What good is it if they are all healthy and can't stop the run. The offense does not have to show me anything, can't say that about our D.
              Rambos, I agree. The Offense will be just fine, even if they have a slow start, but to see the defense get owned would not be a good start. There needs to be a sign of progression and ability to stop the run.

How bad would we look if the games ends with 400 passing yards though?? With the raga muffins they got playing QB that would be just as bad!

Comment

How can you judge a team's success or failure by how backups perform? You can't.

Let me spell it out for you. Preseason is M-E-A-N-I-N-G-L-E-S-S.

Comment

Originally posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
                  How can you judge a team's success or failure by how backups perform? You can't.

Let me spell it out for you. Preseason is M-E-A-N-I-N-G-L-E-S-S.

...exactly.

While I would be surprised and disappointed at that 175 yard stat, it's truely meaningless. Would every Ram fan suddenly think we had the next coming of the '85 Bears if the opposite happened and we gave up 50 on the ground and 75 through the air? I would hope not, because that thinking would be just as ridiculous. Preseason is just an evaluation tool for new talent and to get the guys into football shape.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4324_1458960283388_621[/ATTACH]

Comment

What was the score? More details would be nice.....
                    sigpic

Comment

The game is playing on friday.....what are you guys talking about?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UtterBlitz View Post
                        The game is playing on friday.....what are you guys talking about?
                        We're saying if the game ended with us giving up 175 yards on ground, what would each of us think about that.

Comment

Theories.....sigh.....

175 given up on the ground could be fine....it all depends on how the game was played. Did we get any turnovers? Did they pass the ball at all? How many first downs did they get? Who played on D? What was the longest run allowed?
                          sigpic

Comment

I guess no one will watch it, it's Preseason. I guess no one kept up on FA Preseason. the draft Preseason, Camp is Preseason, IMO it all add up to having a good team, it must mean something or they would go right to the 1st game of the season.

Comment

I don't think it'll happen. All preseason games do is show if you have good depth. Colts haven't won in years, because their depth is bad, but their starters are very good. Cardinals seem to win a lot because they do have some good depth, but starters are below average.
                              I really like our depth this year.
                              But if it does happen, I would be concerned, but wait and see how we do the next week.

Comment

widgetinstance 232 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X