isaac holt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isaac holt

phil simms had two different isaac holt references last night. Ian eagle had one, but he corrected himself.

What a couple of maroons.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Re: isaac holt

GC,I heard that to,it's not like Ike and torry are rookies, maybe we should refer to him as Phil Strahan and see how he likes it.

Comment

One thing that tee-d me off was the blathering of the announcers. I would be willing to bet that the majority of viewers last night were either Ram fans or Charger fans -- not rocket science. The guys who called the game continually were jabbering away about other teams and whatever, while ignoring the action on the field. Don't they get it? Their yapping is not the reason we tune in. We watch to see our teams in action after a long off-seasson. Phil and his pal consistently ignored the play on the field and focused instead on their inane banter. After the first teams left the field, they didn't even attempt to identify players who were making plays on either team. I thought they sucked BIG TIME!!! Yes it was nice that Phil said some good things about the Rams at the end, but they didn't do their homework (which is a big part of what they get paid for) and that was abundantly clear ...

Comment

Al Michaels has been guilty of this on numerous occasions when the Rams were on MNF during the GSOT years.

Comment

Originally posted by jkramsfan View Post
          GC,I heard that to,it's not like Ike and torry are rookies, maybe we should refer to him as Phil Strahan and see how he likes it.

...maybe even Phil Hostetler.

Comment

I like Phil Simms and think he calls a good game.

Comment

They're NY commentators. Enough said.

Comment

Phil Simms, I've always liked him too (especially every time he was sacked big time by Rams LB Kevin Greene) and I think he does a good job as a sportscaster.

The thing right now about all the non-Rams blah, blah, blah during Rams games is that all these NFL TV reporters are trying to "advertise" the whole league during preseason to perhaps elevate the hype for the regular season. I think that's why they often come across as indifferent to the game in progress, the game that we, the fans, are watching.

And while watching my Rams, yes, that is frustrating.
                Last edited by RealRam; -08-23-2007, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Hey, at least he named a real person. Isaac Holt actually was a REAL NFL PLAYER a while back, and I bet Simms may have met him a few times.
                  At least he didn't do something like "Jimmy Carriker," "Kurt Bulger," or "Ron Hill."

Comment

Simms as an announcer is as boring and predictable as a Mortician embombing a body!!!!

Comment

I didn't think that PHIL SMITH , and IAN CROWFEATHER called a good game . whether it's pre-season or not , to not be able to decipher between BRUCE and HOLT , and what they bring to the NFL , and who they are , by NFL TV analysts , would be the same as calling a PATRIOTS - COLTS GAME , refering to the starting QB's as TOM PEYTON = vs BRADY MANNING in my opinion . it's not like this is a first time doing this for either one of them , they do this as a job , and they suck at it .... also , we watch pre-season , and they sell and advertise pre-season enought , they sould know what the heck is going on , and know that we are taking an interest in the rookies and new free-agents trying to make these teams . this was a total tv failure , and unprofessional in my oppinion

Comment

I'd prefer to have Phil Simms as the announcer/analyst for any Rams game than Joe "i know everything" Theismann. That dude will go so far as to tell you what a player thought about the taste of his cereal yesterday, then tell you why the player was wrong to think the cereal tasted good.

So believe me, this is not a show of confidence for Simms- simply my choice between two evils. Thinking back, I think there's been a few times that Joe Buck has been solid and appeared to do his pre-game research. If nothing else, he always pronounced the name of our Hawaiian and polynesian players' names right. So maybe that's why I extend him a small nod.

Originally posted by RealRam View Post
                        Phil Simms, I've always liked him too (especially every time he was sacked big time by Rams LB Kevin Greene) ....
                        Greene was a DE for the Rams.

Comment

Hey it's only week 2 of the preseason for the announcers as well.

I believe Kevin Greene played LB while he was on the RAMS?
                          Last edited by laram0; -08-22-2007, 03:44 AM.
                          sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Originally posted by laram0 View Post
                            Hey it's only week 2 of the preseason for the announcers as well.

I believe Kevin Geene played LB while he was on the RAMS?

Yes, he also played LB in addition to some DE. I have a figure of him in progress that I should finish this week.

Comment

I'll be sure to drop by your page and check out that Green fig.

I think another big part of it is because CBS NEVER does NFC games. They are always doing those AFC games. Plus, for some reason, our Rams are always overlooked. When talking about best WRs, it's like T.O., Chad Johnson, and Marvin Harrison are always on top. Usually SOMEONE will remind them of Holt, and they are all like "oh yeah..."
                              I'm glad Jackson and Bulger are FINALLY getting some props, but the media keeps ignoring Bruce and trying to ingore Holt.

Hopefully after our Superbowl win we'll get our deserved coverage.

Comment