WHo can you see as our return man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHo can you see as our return man

One thing that has really been gone from the mix was a home run threat on punt retrurns and kicks. Do we have anyone on the roster that could be that person?

Re: WHo can you see as our return man

I wonder if McDonald would be a good fit for KR?

Comment

I was just gonna say, I never understood why we never gave Shaun McDonald a shot in preseason or anything.

Comment

:ramlogo: Unfortunately I cannot observe Rams training camp; however from what I have read, Brian Sump is an intriguing prospect. He is a player who dominated in division II but is untested against more talented opposition. He has the speed to go all the way and reaches that speed quickly. He was listed as 5'11" and 185 lbs in the PFW draft guide but a recent observer at camp made the comment that he looked like a "Chihuahua" in person. (Rams e-zine).
        I don't care how big he is, I just hope he can generate some excitement ala
        Tony Horne, who inspired fear in opposing special teams. I don't know how the rest of you felt about kick returns and punt returns last year, but I know how I felt.....please just hang on to the ball--don't fumble....as opposed to how I felt in 1999 when I looked forward to Tony H. taking it all the way!!

Comment

Originally posted by MauiRam
          :ramlogo: Unfortunately I cannot observe Rams training camp; however from what I have read, Brian Sump is an intriguing prospect. He is a player who dominated in division II but is untested against more talented opposition. He has the speed to go all the way and reaches that speed quickly. He was listed as 5'11" and 185 lbs in the PFW draft guide but a recent observer at camp made the comment that he looked like a "Chihuahua" in person. (Rams e-zine).
          I don't care how big he is, I just hope he can generate some excitement ala
          Tony Horne, who inspired fear in opposing special teams. I don't know how the rest of you felt about kick returns and punt returns last year, but I know how I felt.....please just hang on to the ball--don't fumble....as opposed to how I felt in 1999 when I looked forward to Tony H. taking it all the way!!
          Ok, I'll own up to that Chihuahua comment. Understand it wasn't made out of disrespect, it's just that the kid is tiny. But as I also said, he has the quickest first step in camp. This guy's acceleration blew me away. I couldn't believe his ability to separate, a thing of beauty to say the least. If he makes the final roster, he will be our return guy, no question.
          The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Groce had good instincts in college, proven ability to get people to miss, and enough agility to take 4(?) punts back for TDs his senior year. He copied the wrong Hakim traits first last year in that he lost the handle, but I'd like to see him get another chance ... hopefully not enough though to make me sick for opening my mouth and endorsing him one more time ...

which reminds me that I think the FO missed another opportunity in not trying to get D. Northcutt ... ST's Return man/On-side Kick Recovery instincts AND 3 WR. Oh well ... watch the revolving door again ...

Comment

I agree that Groce should get more work as a returner, and I'd like to see what McDonald can do. I hope Harris's ability there doesn't keep either of them from getting a chance.

Comment