Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ktrs Report

:disappoin Hadley says tuley exam was very bad and that he and Dave W
    will probably not play the opening game . He also said pace is really hurting the team. Dont be surprised if Turley ends his career because he can either
    rest or have surgery again. Sources say he has said he will not go for surgery
    again. It looks like their will be max protection again with split backs or tight
    ends protecting the outside.

Greg Randle played all sixteen last year for the Texans and the niners released
    him by mail.

Re: Ktrs Report

The Arizona Cardinals released Center Pete Kendall today. I say we go get him.

Comment

remember this is the same station that said we signed Dishman. Lets cross our fingers here :disappoin

Comment

Well, this certainly isn't good news but I'll wait for a more official announcement, considering Hadley just reported Faulk's possible retirement this season as well.

I guess if Wohlabaugh is out for at least the season opener, we'll get to see how Andy King is at guard. Between Grant Williams and Greg Randall, we'll probably have an adequate person at right tackle. I just hope Pace shows up soon.

Comment

Isn't Hadley the one who said that Faulk was in bad shape and might consider retiring?

Comment

I know it's not what we hoped for, but a line of Pace, King, McCollum, Timmerman, Williams really isn't that bad. In fact, I think they could be more than serviceable. McCollum is a better center than Dave W. and I think King will be a better guard than McCollum. Turley will be missed, but Williams is much better than some are willing to give him credit for. I wouldn't throw the proverbial towel just yet.

The only thing that can truly screw this up is if the Poston punks use this as ransom. Man I'll be glad when Pace signs the tender.
            The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Pace will sign, I doubt if he would give up 7 million in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison
                Turley will be missed ...

This is an understatement of biblical proportions. OK. Maybe not that big. Ask a two-time MVP QB what can happen to a career if only patch-work attention is paid to protection schemes though. Williams may become the answer in the long haul, but MB can't afford OJT. All we can do is prepare for the worst and expect the best ...

Comment

Williams wouldn't need OJT, he is a seasoned vet who has been with the team for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by adarian_too
                    This is an understatement of biblical proportions. OK. Maybe not that big. Ask a two-time MVP QB what can happen to a career if only patch-work attention is paid to protection schemes though. Williams may become the answer in the long haul, but MB can't afford OJT. All we can do is prepare for the worst and expect the best ...
                    I wouldn't call Williams at RT patch-work exactly. He has been playing for 9 seasons and has had 2 years to learn RT for the Rams compared to Turley's 1 year.
                    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

If Turley and Wohlabaugh aren't playing I suppose Pace, King, McCullom, Timmerman and Randall could still provide adequate protection. I still say we go out and get Pete Kendall.

Comment

Working...
                      X