X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Varg6
    • Jan 2006

Answer my question

After the first 4 games, what was our record?

And after that, how well did we do?

I can be a negative person with the Rams, but I'm still giving them a few more weeks.
    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams
  • Dwight Frye
    • Sep 2007

Re: Answer my question

Yep. The season isn't over yet and as disgusted as I am with the ABYSMAL offense, Steussie and Cogs should bring MUCH needed help to the line soon. I think the 'D' is MUCH improved over last year, and with the return of Hill, Brown and Tino, should be better still. With all these starters returning, coupled with a little OPEN MINDEDNESS (hint) from Olsen, things should get better soon.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Comment

• RealRam
      • Jun 2001

Thanks, V6. That is a GOOD question! :bash:

And that's the challenge we as fans must take in order to stand by our team. We acknowlege our faults, we even criticize our coaches and players sometimes but in the end, if we go through even tougher times ... we -- most of us -- sit tight or jump high with our little Rams banner, painted face, or player jersey to cheer them on.

Okay, or to boooo them if things get really lousy. :8

But we'll have to BELIEVE through a couple more weeks and hope, hope ... that things do in fact improve. Maybe it will be by getting the Cog back, maybe we'll have an effective Owens helping out the running game; or Gorin doing a nice job at RT.

Whatever combination of favorable factors, even if they are difficult to foresee right now, we have a chance to at least get back into the fight with bigger, stronger horns. And teeth! :bash:

Comment

• Varg6
        • Jan 2006

Exactly RealRam, new comers please read everything this man writes...

Honestly, I was quite disappointed last year because of the start we had. I'd much rather have us start slow and have some bad games and come back with confidence and victories. However, even if this season doesn't produce that, at least we knew what was coming from the start. We have some tough games ahead of us, but none of us know what any of these guys are doing in practice, whether it is good or bad production in practice. There could be a breakout game offensively for guys like Jackson and Bulger, there is no reason why they shouldn't have one in the next few games anyways. My only criticism, and I've been saying this for a LONG time is the defense. Now it isn't the defense, its what the defense does after a certain point: They give up (And usually VERY easily). As a Rams fan, that is really depressing, and that is something Linehan has to instill in the offense and defense, keep fighting. I read or heard (I forget, really) that Kitna will keep playing his heart out until the game is over regardless of the score. I honestly don't think we have any of that character or mentality for most if not all of the players. That is something that bothers me more than anything, even losses.
        Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

• fearlessone
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Varg6 View Post
          Exactly RealRam, new comers please read everything this man writes...

Honestly, I was quite disappointed last year because of the start we had. I'd much rather have us start slow and have some bad games and come back with confidence and victories. However, even if this season doesn't produce that, at least we knew what was coming from the start. We have some tough games ahead of us, but none of us know what any of these guys are doing in practice, whether it is good or bad production in practice. There could be a breakout game offensively for guys like Jackson and Bulger, there is no reason why they shouldn't have one in the next few games anyways. My only criticism, and I've been saying this for a LONG time is the defense. Now it isn't the defense, its what the defense does after a certain point: They give up (And usually VERY easily). As a Rams fan, that is really depressing, and that is something Linehan has to instill in the offense and defense, keep fighting. I read or heard (I forget, really) that Kitna will keep playing his heart out until the game is over regardless of the score. I honestly don't think we have any of that character or mentality for most if not all of the players. That is something that bothers me more than anything, even losses.
          I completely agree with most of your post. I have to think that even before/during our injury wave that the playcalling and the soft defense must be getting to some of our better players.

Is Bruce really a 2nd or third receiver. Where is our speed in our WR corps? Did you see what our former Ram, Curtis, did today vs. the Lions? Was Bennett a great acquisition.

Linesham v. Martz. Right now I would take MArtz. 3 pts:\:\:\

On TB's third TD our secondary just watched Graham run it in except for some sort of studderr step attempt. THe DB or ? should be fined a week of pay for that more than dismal effort.

I would start pointing at Linesham as I was never impressed with his credentials before he got there although a lot of the regulars spewed "GLOSS" upon his background as they may have been so happy to get rid of MM.

Injuries or not our team sux and Linesham is to blame.

V-6 Do we have any more than one Linebacker that has heart on our team?

My Bayou Bengal Tigers are kicking hiney all over the place so I may start playing golf on Sundays.

I hate Golf!:\:\:\
          Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• viper
            Alas..the sky is falling once again
            by viper
            It never ceases to amaze me, how quickly my fellow Ram's fans will turn on thier team, their players and their coach. The clouds of "doom and gloom" lye low above the legion once again. Again the naysayers have their day, to lay their spew upon the feet of the horns.

Ohhhh no, we've lost to the lowly dirty birds, Ohhh no, we've lost 6 out of the last 7 games, Ohh no, our captain has spoke out to the media about a few of his undisciplined guardians, possibly upsetting a few teammates, Oh no, our coach won't take responsibility and demand accountability from his youthful squires on the front lines, let alone the team as a whole.

Granted, the legion has seen better days. But, why is it that the masses choose to dwell on the "darker side" of things rather the hope of a brighter day to come. Is there not a chance, a hope that a brighter day shall dawn as a result of the upcoming offseason. This season is lost, no doubt. Who can say that this was not a distinct possibility, considering that we would be brandishing a new head coach, a new defensive coordinator, new offensive and defensive schemes, new free agents, untested rookies and a decimated offensive line. Add to that a previously dysfunctional run defense, pass defense and special teams for the last several years and what do you get? The "2006 St. Louis Rams!" Hooray! We got exactly what we "should have" expected. Or at least considered the possibility that it could be a tough year. Well guess what, it has turned out to be a "tough year." A downright bleak season.

But, ya know what, believe it or not, there has been improvement over last year. Our special teams have improved significantly in punting, coverage and returns. Our defense, is doing better in the turnover battle, our pass defense is improved and as hard as it may be to believe we do seem to be better at keeping opponents from scoring on us as much.

Its easy to throw fuel on the fire proclaiming how terrible things are when the going gets tough. The question is where are you when your team needs your support? Anybody can belittle a losing team...and their is no question we are losing right now. But, in doing so, are you any better than the opposing team's fans that come to diss on your team. I haven't seen too many "positive" threads lately about our team that make me feel like this is the Rams home.

I, personally, have unwavering faith in the positve attributes of the Rams! I choose not to wallow in the ever increasing muck and mire that seems to be prevalent around here lately. I agree that we are not where we want to be...far from it. But, I'm not going to participate in any "hanging" or "slop" parties or anything of the like.

Why can't we focus on the good things about our team or future prospects. Maybe that means a higher draft pick next year or a few well scouted free...
            -12-05-2006, 10:53 PM
          • AvengerRam_old
            You know who doesn't know anything about football?
            by AvengerRam_old
            There's a guy who knows absolutely nothing about football, and his name is "September You."

September You thought that the Ram were a young team that, despite added talent, would struggle to win more than 5-6 games this year.

November You knows better and realizes that, if this year's team does not compete for a playoff spot, its underperforming.

September You recognized that the passing game would probably develop slowly with injuries to two starters on the O line, and two potential starters, along with the influx of rookies in the WR Corps.

November You knows better and realizes that Sam Bradford should have a 95 or better passer rating right now.

September You realized that the Rams couldn't fill all of the holes last offseason, and had sub-par talent at the OLB and S positons.

November You knows better and rightfully criticizes the defenses' failings.

I'm glad September You is gone, because he didn't know anything.
            -11-19-2012, 07:41 AM
          • YodaRam
            Question
            by Guest
            Hey guys and "women", I've been away for quite awhile. In jail for kickin' a
            Whiner in the nads! Not really but i've missed you all. Question: Are we going to be a 'truly competitive' team this year or are we simply fooling ourselves again?
            A lot of blame was passed around for last years failure. And way too many excuses. Even when we finally won a championship with some of the hottest offense on earth, we barely eked out a victory in Super Bowl XXXIV. And we all remember the loss to the Pathetics 2 years later. I guess what i'm saying is that i don't see us going very far this year. Even if we have shored up the O-line, which we haven't, Bulger is already damaged property and is a deer in the headlights. A.K.A. Warner. Bring in Green.....Brilliant. I'm sure Avengeram would love that fodder. .....And he was reborn from whense he came and led his bloodied battle-tested troopers to victory..........PLEASE! What do you really think. I'm thinking no play-offs at 7-9. I love my Rams and reality stinks.
            -05-07-2008, 02:05 AM
          • RAMblin Fan
            Boys, are we really out of it?
            by RAMblin Fan
            After this week's terrible loss, I think we have to take a long look at our team and say, are we really out of it? I mean first of all, its only week two of the season and we have a very winable game coming up next week against the Bucs.

Yes, the offensive line is horrendous right now without Orlando and Richie but that wasn't really the worst part yesterday. I think the worst part was our defense. Yes, the D did play good early on but couldn't hold up in the end and that was the biggest problem. My question to you is, are we done for the season? Can Rams fans pack it up and get ready for the draft? Or is there still a chance?
            -09-17-2007, 04:48 AM
          • AvengerRam_old
            The question I'm not quite ready to answer.
            by AvengerRam_old
            Its getting close to that time again...

In a few weeks, we'll be talking about training camp, preseason, and opening day.

At this point, I think the roster is pretty much set. Maybe the Rams will make a late move to bring back Quintin Mikell but, aside from that, I'm not expecting any significant transactions.

So... am I ready to answer that question....

You know the one...

How many games with the Rams win this year?

I'm not ready.

Certainly, I think the team should be improved. Offensive continuity, the addition of speed and playmakers on both sides of the ball, the development of young players... all of these things point the arrow up.

But does that mean the Rams will go from 7.5 wins to 8... 10.... more?

Here's my best answer right now.

I believe that the Rams have enough talent on their roster to win 10 games. And, because I believe that, I also regard the Rams as a playoff contender.

Maybe, in the end, I'll cop out a little and just predict 8-10 wins. That seems to me to be a fairly safe bet.

But, before I give my final number, I want to read a few camp reports (though they must be taken with a large grain of salt), watch a preseason game or two, and read up on the competition.

So, I'll get back to you in about 6 weeks with my final answer.

For now... I'm starting to get that feeling again...
            -06-26-2013, 09:17 AM
          Working...
          X