On pins and needles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On pins and needles

I have a lot of mixed emotions when it comes to practicing with the Bears. It always seems things really heat up when you bring in other teams and I am just dreading hearing that one of players went down. So every day for the next few day I will be sitting here crossing my fingers that we don't loose someone for the year. Man, I can't wait for camp to be over now :disappoin

Re: On pins and needles

I agree. Even though the scrimmage is a chance for the players to line up against someone other than their teammates; it also seems like it is a good chance for someone to get hurt. At least with your teammate, you remember in the back of your mind that he is your teammate. No such thing against the opposing player. Lets just hope all players remember that this is just camp and the regular season is still a few months off.

Comment

Well, at least Urlacher's out... right?

Comment

I agree J, I too just hope that everyone gets through these drills....

Also Pre-season, there is always someone around the leaque that gets canned for the season.. GOD I just hope we get through clean of injuries... hate Pre-season games...

steve :ramlogo:
        "The breakfast Club":helmet:

Comment

SSSEEEEEEEEEE

Kennedy lost for the season. I guess it could have been worse :-( We didn't have him last year either. This will make room for Howard I guess.

Comment

Keep in mind that Da Bears' head coach is our former defensive coach, Lovie Smith. These guys aren't here with any kind of grudge against the Rams like the Titans did when they came to town to scrimmage in Macomb after they were beaten by the Rams in the Super Bowl. Even then, coaches and trainers made sure everyone kept a cool head. It's part of their job. I'm not worried. These practices are tempered to ensure that the risk of injury is minimal, even to the point where they aren't getting any real hitting in. To me that can be more detrimental, because then they aren't ready for the big hits that come in a real game. If Vermeil was still calling the shots, I'd be worried.

Keep in mind, even in a light workout, accidents can happen and stressed muscles and joints can snap at any time. Better it happens now than during the first game of the season...right?

Comment

I think it's great for another level of practice before the preseason games. Do you guys get injured? sure. But, Kennedy went down just planting a foot so it could have happened anyway. These guys get injured at home, in practice, etc. I'd rather have injuries now when we can do something about it and they have time to heal than at the end of the season.

Comment

DJ's right, injuries now are better than say wk1 of the season. At least we have time to try and get some new DT's in and see what they can do.

Comment

Working...
                X