Fight, then fight some more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight, then fight some more.

There just isn't any passion. I understand that the season appears to have been sabotaged, but there is the Rams leader on TV gently shaking his head.

Have we seen anything out of these Rams players that show us that they want to turn it around? It's like they are listening to the media's sympathetic slant on the Rams injuries and using it as their justification for giving up. Going through the motions.....Lights are on, but no one is home.

I never played a down in the NFL or College for that matter, but I did play in HS. I played on a team that suffered much like these Rams. We were undersized, under coached, didn't have any talent and overwhelmed most of the time. We didn't give up though. In fact we would rededicate ourselves every week in practice. We switched QB's 3 times due to injury, we started 4 different RB's and our offensive line was a joke (I was playing JV and was brought up to varsity due to injury and poor play). We didn't give up... We fought and fought. We fought with each other when we thought the other wasn't coming full speed. Eventually, we won. Not because we were the better team, but because we imposed our will and played with passion. Nothing is more gratifying than snatching victory from the jaws of adversity.

I know that I am making a huge leap when comparing NFL players to High School players, but when youíre talking about passion, the love of the game, there is no degree of separation.

Losing pisses me off. I want to see these Rams pissed. I donít want them to accept the nice little package of excuses being presented by the prognosticators.

Nobody wants to be associated with losing and nobody that considers themselves a competitor wants to be branded as a quitter. So, donít put your head down, donít shake your head gently. Scream into the face of the opposition!

My Dad used to tell me when I was a kid that if cornered into a fight that I could not win, fight, fight with everything I have and though they may beat me, they will know that I was there and went down fighting.
    sigpicMaybe not now, but soon.

Re: Fight, then fight some more.

All 4 games this season our RAMS played good football for the 1st half. It's the 2nd half that's killing us. Hmmmmm...... tons of injuries and fading in the 2nd half? Maybe the strength and conditioning coach needs a kick in the you know what?
    sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Re: Fight, then fight some more.

Originally posted by badmoforamfan View Post
      There just isn't any passion. I understand that the season appears to have been sabotaged, but there is the Rams leader on TV gently shaking his head.

Have we seen anything out of these Rams players that show us that they want to turn it around? It's like they are listening to the media's sympathetic slant on the Rams injuries and using it as their justification for giving up. Going through the motions.....Lights are on, but no one is home.

I never played a down in the NFL or College for that matter, but I did play in HS. I played on a team that suffered much like these Rams. We were undersized, under coached, didn't have any talent and overwhelmed most of the time. We didn't give up though. In fact we would rededicate ourselves every week in practice. We switched QB's 3 times due to injury, we started 4 different RB's and our offensive line was a joke (I was playing JV and was brought up to varsity due to injury and poor play). We didn't give up... We fought and fought. We fought with each other when we thought the other wasn't coming full speed. Eventually, we won. Not because we were the better team, but because we imposed our will and played with passion. Nothing is more gratifying than snatching victory from the jaws of adversity.

I know that I am making a huge leap when comparing NFL players to High School players, but when youíre talking about passion, the love of the game, there is no degree of separation.

Losing pisses me off. I want to see these Rams pissed. I donít want them to accept the nice little package of excuses being presented by the prognosticators.

Nobody wants to be associated with losing and nobody that considers themselves a competitor wants to be branded as a quitter. So, donít put your head down, donít shake your head gently. Scream into the face of the opposition!

My Dad used to tell me when I was a kid that if cornered into a fight that I could not win, fight, fight with everything I have and though they may beat me, they will know that I was there and went down fighting.
      I was waiting for someone to bring that up, i noticed it to and the camera stayed on him all the way off the field,made it look like this team is not on the same page at all.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

Don't get pissed off now. You created this monster
        by Guest
        Carolina could have sat down in straight jackets and the rams would have done their best to score points for them. When Dr. Frankenstein created his monster he later found it revolting. We should consider ourselves Dr. Frankenstein. And the Monster we created? Mike Martz of course. The praise and accolades along with the covering up of his flaws over the past 5 years were the electricity needed to keep the monster alive. Now we are smack dab in the middle of a playoff race and like cadavers we want the monster to die. It was the talent over the past 5 years that gave us the illusion that our monster was good. Conversely the lack of talent is now the reason why we find the monster revolting. So we have failed to realize the monsters shortcomings in the past and now are blaming the lack of talent on the monster. Hopefully most will see the absurdity in this. As I have stated in the recent past, itís time we stand by our creation because if we drive a stake through him now when we still have a shot at the playoffs then we will be left with a bad monster and a bad team. Sure when the season ends we should consider doing what should have been done years ago and rid the village of the monster. Right now this monster is all we have so lets just get this thing into the playoffs....
        -12-12-2004, 05:37 PM
      • RockinRam
        Why A Complete Overhaul is Needed
        by RockinRam
        I think this article is an interesting read and really helps to hit home how a continued streak of losing starts to get ingrained into the culture of a franchise, especially from the top down. I believe that as long as Demoff, Snead and Fisher are here, nothing will change. Sure, we can bring in a new coordinator but that guy will not have enough influence or tenure to drastically turn around a franchise.

The house needs to be turned upside down and Demoff, Snead and Fisher's toxicity need to be kicked to the curb. As long as those three are in the building, there will always be a toxic culture of losing and negativity that surrounds our Rams....
        -11-29-2016, 04:44 PM
      • RamsFanSam
        OK, convince me!
        by RamsFanSam
        I have read plenty of posts from people saying fans shouldn't look at the bright side of last night's defeat, that instead we should all don sackcloth and ashes, and mourn the death of the 2008 season for our Rams.

Convince me why I should!

I watched only the first quarter, but I did listen to the entire game. Of course, the TV broadcast was done by the Titans Network, meaning that the commentary was biased in favor of the Titans. The other 3 quarters was a mix of NFL's gamecenter and KTVI audio, niether of which was very good.

What I came out of the media barrage I witnessed is the following:

1. Marc looked a little rusty. Of course, considering that there was only TWO others on the offense who had ever played in Saunder's system, I expected to see some confusion. But, I guess that since Marc didn't launch a 99 yard Hail Mary for 6 on the first possession means that Marc is all washed up. After all, when a reciever isn't in the right place at the right time, it's always the QB's fault.

2. I also saw a really good defense beat our O-line. Considering that these front five guys have NEVER played a single game together before, We know it's all Pace's fault. He is all washed up, and we should have traded for Jake Long and then overpaid him to take Pace's spot.

3. I saw 2 passes go long, so long that no one on either team had a chance to get to them. It didn't matter that both times the recievers were double covered and had no chance in hell of breaking away, those recievers must suck, so we should have traded them for some untested rookie. Darn Linehan for drafting someone who has skills that our offense could use instead of some other rookie!

4. I saw our defense get beat up. Badly. Even though they made a solid stand in the red zone, we know they suck. It doesn't matter that some of our starters were out, we should have beaten the Titans back into the stone age with undersized, inexperienced rookies. It's all Haslett's fault for not having UFA's and rookies available that we can afford.

5. Our "wannabe's" didn't come back in the second half and win the game. Of course, they have had a whole 90 days or so to forget everything they ever learned about football just to learn football all over again. I forget that other millionaires such as Bill Gates have been there before. Didn't he have to forget everything he knew about Windows 98 to learn Windows XP in just 90 days? He didn't? Oh my. Those rookies and coaches have to go....NOW!

So, as you can see, I am NOT saying everything will be OK by next week. In fact, I'll be happy if we win 3 of our first 8, and come out 8-8 this season. I know all is not well in St. Louis as of yet, and I didn't expect it to be. Last year I had hope, because everything was in place. This year, we have a tougher schedule, most of our great players are either gone or they are getting...
        -08-10-2008, 03:41 PM
      • RamWraith
        Vitts Monday Press Conference
        by RamWraith
        Interim Head Coach Joe Vitt
        Monday, December 26, 2005

(Opening statement)

ďI feel the same now as I did after the game Saturday night. You canít turn the ball over, and you canít miss tackles the way weíre doing and expect to compete in the National Football League. The one thing that I do feel bad about, and I said it the other night, that I could do a better job at the half of managing the clock, managing the timeouts, and do a better job at the end of the game, whether go for it on fourth-down or kick a field goal. I think the thing that I feel worse about is that I have not been able to do anything to create anything for our football team to try to get over the edge, over the top. We have been in almost the exact same situation exactly two weeks in a row, where we miss a fourth down and weíre involved in a two-minute drill and there is an interception. It goes all the way back really three weeks to Minnesota, where in the redzone we go for a first-down on fourth-and-1, and donít get that. And Iím probably trying to shove the situation down the playersí throat instead of taking what they give us and get points. And I feel bad about that. I havenít done anything to help this football team get over the top. And we have a lot of guys battling, as I told you the injury report the other night, guys in the hospital the night before the game, guys hurt and taking injection to play, and I feel bad for them, I really do. But that being said, itís no time to feel sorry for ourselves. Weíre playing a nationally televised game Sunday night against a good football team, and we have to get our selves ready to, which we will.Ē

(On what his approach will be this last week to get the team ready to play)

ďLike we have approached every other week; we havenít changed one bit. You guys have been to practice; youíve seen the tempo of practice, whatís expected of them in practice. We havenít cut back any reps. The weight lifting scheduleÖeverythingís the same. We prepare to win, and I have to do a better job of helping our guys win.Ē

(On whether he is satisfied with the professionalism of this team)

ďLet me tell you something. Iím going to tell you exactly what I told the football team before the game. There is no place or no team that I would rather be right here and right now is with these people. Our players have fought. They have worked hard. They havenít always been right; I havenít always been right. But the respect that they have for the game, the competitiveness, their work habits on a daily basis, [and] their accountability has been outstanding. And I wish that I had done a better job of trying to get our football team over the top, by either making a big call or making the right judgment. But no, I feel the same way about this team right now as is did when I took this thing over. It has been an honor; it has been fun.Ē

(On...
        -12-26-2005, 04:13 PM
      • StRams
        Excuses?
        by StRams
        Ok, heres my take on the loss.

First and foremost...I hated it...it made me sick, especially since we were about 10 yards from tying it up at least.

Should we ever have been in that position..NO. But alas we were.

Ok heres my reasons, excuses, rationale...ect.

1. OVER CONFIDENCE: On the road first game, against a division rival. You can look at this both ways, but I do believe that both teams were up for this game..however, I think its a bit easier to believe that We (the Rams) were a bit over-confident coming in that this should be a win. The 9ers had something to prove...A bit of over achieving perhaps..and a bit of underestimating on our part.

2. PREPERATION: The 9ers had all sorts of tape to watch on us...basically other then jackson, we havnt changed our stripes year after year..same ole Rams...hard to prepare for, but at least San Fran new what to expect.

We on the other hand had nothing to prepare for. 1st games of the season are hard like that, becuase you dont know what to expect..Niners are basically a different team then last year..new Def...new personel...I think we were at a major disadvantage in that regard.

3. 3-4 DEFENSE:..This mixed in with the 4-3 at times to keep us off balance stymied(sp) us, and always has...Martz needs to play call better against this...but again (see above) hard to prepare when you dont really know what your opponent is capable of.

4. SPECIAL TEAMS: Dont know what to say other then...they are poor poor poor. Take away that punt return, and we win..or at the very least its a different ball game.

Im sure there are other reasons, I dont think any team in the NFL is as bad, or as good as everyone thinks...Circumstances and various other factors combine to equal wins and losses every week. Hopefully this is a wakeup call...we will adjust , we will be better prepared for the Cards...and we will go on to have a good season.

There were as many +'s as -'s yesterday, and we can hopefully build on those...and work to remedy the bad.

Common guys, as much as we hate to admit it..Its the 9ers on the road, 1st game...To me it had all the makings of an upset. How many times in the past have we snuck up on the 9ers when we sucked...maybe nmot wins, but gave them hard games.

I'm going to take this one with a grain of salt...not worried (yet).

GO RAMS!
        -09-12-2005, 06:43 AM
      Working...
      X