Rams 28 Eagles 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams 28 Eagles 17

The Rams will get a touchdown from Canidate using Faulk to draw d his way. Holt or Bruce will catch two laser beams from Warner. Fourth touchdown comes on an int by one of the linebackers. Philly's scores will come early then Rams will shut them down.

Sounds like a perfect Sunday to me...

Comment

8 points off

My narrative was off but score was almost right. Rams showed a lot of toughness in beating a very tough opponent on their home turf. Look for offense to crank it up a notch against Falcons. Rams 37-17

Comment

Give or take only a few...

At home against Atlanta, the crowd, a tested and passed Rams defense, fewer holding penalties by receiving special teams, and a wiser, more productive offense. ;)

Yeah BWD69, I'd say that score for the Falcons game looks about right, maybe ± as much as 6.

Let's do it!! GO RAMS!!!

Comment

Another Oregon Rams Fan

Hello
          I live in southern Oregon where the 49er fans reside like fungus on a sweaty foot. Great to hear from a Fellow Rams fan here. I had to go to Eugene to watch the game because the local station chose to show the whiners and the Falcons instead of the best matchup this weekend. I've been a Rams fan since 1972.

Comment

welcome on board bigwavedave69 or can we call you 69 ?? ;)

Comment

nicknames

You can call me 69,bigwave, wave, diamondDave,just don't call me when the Rams are on.

Comment

Safety in numbers (Bowen injury)

What are the Rams going to do about depth at safety? Anyone on the waiver wire?

Comment

you know, your the first to bring that up. I was thinking that myself last night

Comment

Safety first...

Was wondering if, as an interim solution, it'd be feasible to move Jacoby Shepherd, No. 22, as safety backup. Bowen is going to be missed all those five to six weeks; I understand he's one of those reckless /responsible, smart and tough defensive and special teams players.

Hey Diamond D! I'm in Tigard (SW Portland). There's another Portlander here in ClanRam but I haven't contacted him yet. Be strong against all those "Chargezzz, Winers, and Raidbugs" down there. That's too close... :p

GO RAMS!!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamDez
                      Falcon game predictions please
                      by RamDez
                      Well, the last REGULAR game of the 2001 season, SO lets get it on.

I will stick to my winning ways and go with Marshall and Warner with a point to prove as JOINT MVP's

Mmmmm, lets see now, ...... Rams 36 Falcons 14 :shield:
                      -12-31-2001, 08:00 AM
                    • RamWraith
                      Early lines
                      by RamWraith
                      Falcons over the Rams---favored by 6.5

Eagles over the Vikings----favored by 9.5
                      -01-09-2005, 06:14 PM
                    • RamWraith
                      Eagles' performance puts the Rams' defense to shame
                      by RamWraith
                      BY JEFF GORDON
                      Post-Dispatch Online Sports Columnist
                      Monday, Jan. 24 2005

Oh, so THAT is how you defend the Atlanta Falcons.

The Philadelphia Eagles gave Rams Nation a look at what smart and robust team
                      defense looks like. The Eagles demonstrated how a Super Bowl-caliber defense
                      plays.

A week ago, the Falcons gashed the Rams defense for 327 yards on the ground. On
                      Sunday, the Eagles limited that same three-pronged rushing attack to 99 yards.

Ninety-nine!

Not only were the Eagles linebackers visible, they were assertive. Couldn’t the
                      Rams use a hammer like Jeremiah Trotter in the middle of their D?

Eagles cornerbacks dove into run support instead of avoiding it. Agile
                      defensive end Jevon Kearse shifted form the left side to the right side to
                      contain the bootleg maneuvers of speedy Falcons quarterback Michael Vick.

“I think it took him out of his comfort zone because I don’t think he even
                      thought twice about scrambling to that (left) side,” Kearse told ESPN.com.
                      “Basically, we knew we had to get upfield and not give him any step-up lanes.
                      That’s it, just keep him in the pocket. When he gets outside the pocket, he has
                      the ability to make plays running the ball or throwing the ball.”

The Eagles didn’t yield gaping holes for Warrick Dunn to dart through. They
                      didn’t allow the Falcons to play from ahead and eat the clock, a specialty of
                      bruising back T.J. Duckett.

There was nothing fancy about coordinator Jim Johnson’s game plan -– the
                      Falcons saw little of the blitzing they were braced for -- but there was plenty
                      to admire about their execution.

“They tackled, they flowed to the ball, they understood their assignments and
                      they kept backside leverage on Michael Vick,” observed long-time coach Marv
                      Levy, now an analyst for NFL.com. “Philadelphia executed its plan and really
                      had every player committed to it.

“It's not always what you do in a game, but the way that you do it.”

Just ask the Rams. Their defense took a major step backward in the Rams’ 47-17
                      loss at Atlanta.

We’ve suggested that coach Mike Martz and his reconfigured staff frequently
                      show that game tape as the team prepares for the 2005 season. They can see how
                      NOT to play defense.

Then the Rams should view this Eagles tape for a very hard comparison. Philly’s
                      performance, by contrast, was a defensive clinic.

The Eagles challenged Vick to beat them with his arm . . . and he couldn’t.

“By playing so much single coverage, the Eagles were able to commit more
                      players to the line of scrimmage, which helped put more pressure on Vick, who
                      was sacked four times, and...
                      -01-25-2005, 05:32 AM
                    • RamsInfiniti
                      Rams matchup well with conservative Falcons
                      by RamsInfiniti
                      The Atlanta Falcons are 7-2. They are a good football team. They are well-coached and disciplined, and poised to make a run into the playoffs in 2010.

What the Falcons lack are the so-called "impressive" wins. When we talk about "impressive" wins, we speak of games won by 10 points or more. Sure, they destoryed the Arizona Cardinals, but other than that game, the Falcons have found themselves in a nail-biter in most instances.

Why are the Falcons struggling to pull away from opponents? Simply put, they are ultra-conservative. Overall, this team could be more conservative than, gulp, our very own St. Louis Rams.

Looking at the Falcons on offense, you won't find much trickery or smoke and mirrors. They run base sets and formations, and operate a classic ball control system. They don't throw deep, only 19 passes attempted over 20 yards this season. Matt Ryan's YPA is ap edestrian 6.7. They run the ball, and run it alot, but the majority of these carries are going to be straight down the throat of the D-Line. Once you get a heavy dose of Michael Turner, you then get a healthy second serving of Jason Snelling, and the drop off is not as big as you'd think.

But this team is scoring points and lots of them. How do they do it?

It's simple:

1. They don't turn the ball over
                      2. They don't waver from the system
                      3. They have arguably the best WR in the league
                      4. They will wear you down until you want to quit

Ryan is going to throw to Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez, and they are going to see most of the targets. More than 50% of Ryan's completions are to these two. White is nearly indefensible. The only thing that can likely stop White is his hands. The Ravens had some success by throwing exotic schemes at him. I am sure Spags and company will have something special drawn up for White. Take him out of the game and the Falcons do not have the receivers to beat many teams. It's a two man show in Atlanta, and they need both of them to come up big when playing on the road.

Defensively, the strategy doesn't differ much. The Falcons give up a high rate of completions in the passing game, and they give up alot of yards. They give up 46.4% 3rd down conversions, next to last in the league. The run defense is stingy, but most know you need to beat the Falcons by passing underneath them. So how do the Falcons keep the scoring down?:

1. They bend but don't break
                      2. They dominate TOP offensively
                      3. They intercept alot of passes

For any quarterback, the most attempts they have, the more likely they are going to make a mistake.

The Rams match up well here. Jackson should be able to manufacture yards up the middle. Bradford should be able to find open lanes, but he may need to throw 50+ times to win this game. The Falcons have...
                      -11-18-2010, 07:26 AM
                    • RamDez
                      Rams have Georgia silence on their minds
                      by RamDez
                      By Jim Thomas

Of the Post-Dispatch
                      09/18/2004

Isaac Bruce (left) and Torry Holt figure to see one-on-one coverage when the Falcons blitz.
                      (Chris Lee/P-D)

Advertisement

ATLANTA - From 1995-2001, when Atlanta was part of the NFC West, the St. Louis Rams played before almost as many empty seats as occupied ones on their annual treks to the Georgia Dome.

In 1996, for example, 26,519 spectators watched the Rams beat the Falcons 34-27 behind three touchdown passes from Tony Banks to Eddie Kennison.

Even in 1998, the Falcons' Super Bowl season, a mere 37,996 made their way into the 71,000-seat Georgia Dome to watch the Falcons improve to 6-2 with a 37-15 thrashing of the Rams.

But this Sunday, the Rams will see something entirely different in the Georgia Dome. Excitement. Energy. Michael Vick. And a packed house.

"I know it's going to be loud," Rams wide receiver Torry Holt said. "I know they're going to be excited. It's their home opener. Hopefully, we can go down there, stay focused, and come out of there with a 'W.' "

New Atlanta coach Jim Mora is telling everyone within shouting distance to show up wearing Falcons red. Adding to the festivities, Atlanta will christen its Ring of Honor on Sunday honoring former Falcons greats.

Last week, the Falcons ended a 10-game losing streak in San Francisco. This Sunday, they'd like nothing better than to end their seven-game losing streak to the Rams.

"Usually, when we went there, that stadium by the end of the game would be a pro-Rams stadium," defensive lineman Tyoka Jackson said. "I don't expect it to be that way this year. I expect it to be a hostile crowd for four quarters. They're excited about their football team, obviously. They're excited about their quarterback."

And excited about playing the Rams. Isn't everybody? They are, after all, the NFL's winningest franchise since the start of the 1999 season.

"There are a lot of people that don't like us out there," defensive end Leonard Little said. "We know that. So we've just got to go out there and try to play our game. Try to get off to a good start, silence the crowd early, and go from there."

The Rams' very best teams since the move to St. Louis have at least held their own on the road:

The '99 Super Bowl championship team went 5-3 away from home.

The '01 Super Bowl runner-up squad was 8-0.

Last season's 12-4 squad broke even at 4-4.

So any road victory is a good victory. And with subsequent away games this season against Seattle, Miami, Green Bay, and Carolina, the Rams would love to fly out of Georgia with a 2-0 record.

"Like Coach (Mike Martz) said earlier in the week, the same passion and emotion
                      -09-19-2004, 03:40 AM
                    Working...
                    X