Rams vs playoff teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams vs playoff teams

After watching a couple of the games this post season its evident we would'nt stand a chance even if we tried to play our best game. intensity, coaching, game planning, all aspects of these games we were lacking. Its hard to wonder how we even fielded a team on sundays. We took a beating all season long for our lack of preparation and desire. for the coaches and players that are still in the hunt they deserve to be there. And as a fan of the rams i can only hope that soon someday we can once again play with the big boys of this league with a sense that we belong in that elite group.

Re: Rams vs playoff teams

Originally posted by Guam rammer View Post
    After watching a couple of the games this post season its evident we would'nt stand a chance even if we tried to play our best game. intensity, coaching, game planning, all aspects of these games we were lacking. Its hard to wonder how we even fielded a team on sundays. We took a beating all season long for our lack of preparation and desire. for the coaches and players that are still in the hunt they deserve to be there. And as a fan of the rams i can only hope that soon someday we can once again play with the big boys of this league with a sense that we belong in that elite group.
    No reason we can't, except for our porous O-line and D-lines. When/if we fix those, we can compete.

...hopefully, it'll happen sooner then later. :\

Comment

I have to agree. Watching some of these games, the disparity is pretty big between what we were seeing on the field and where we need to be. I wouldn't expect us to be playing like these teams are with the line we had this year, but it sort of puts things in perspective as far as how much we need to improve.

Comment

we had a poor offensive and defensive line. these teams would demolish us if we magically made it into the playoffs.

however, next season if we do stay healthy and manage to pull off a play off season. linehan needs to step up his game and make good decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooselini View Post
          we had a poor offensive and defensive line. these teams would demolish us if we magically made it into the playoffs.

however, next season if we do stay healthy and manage to pull off a play off season. linehan needs to step up his game and make good decisions.
          I'm sure if the team is healthy next year, his decision making will "magically" seem better. Hindsight is always 20/20 you know. When things aren't working, it's always because of a bad decision and poor playcalling. When things are working, it's pure brillance and bravery.

Comment

I'm not sure about all this healthy thing. Hope I'm wrong but:

Barron hasn't really progressed enough for me to feel comfy.
            Incognito hasn't matured enough for me to feel comfy.
            Pace hasn't stayed healthy enough for me to feel comfy he will next year.

Little has regressed. Hall really isn't the answer on the other side. Hill isn't the CB everyone thought he would be (Cromartie looks like he was the pick instead).

I'm just not so sure it's more the lack of talent than it is the injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldenfleece View Post
              I have to agree. Watching some of these games, the disparity is pretty big between what we were seeing on the field and where we need to be. I wouldn't expect us to be playing like these teams are with the line we had this year, but it sort of puts things in perspective as far as how much we need to improve.
              A healthy RAMS team would be very competitive with any team in the NFL.
              sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

We're Ram fans. We want to believe we're a good team. But if you asked someone like Mortensen what he thought about our team, I'm not sure he would be so positive about the quality of our players when stacked up against the rest of the league.

Injuries or not, there are a lot of question marks.
                "People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest" Herman Hesse

Comment

Originally posted by txramsfan View Post
                  Barron hasn't really progressed enough for me to feel comfy.
                  Incognito hasn't matured enough for me to feel comfy.
                  Pace hasn't stayed healthy enough for me to feel comfy he will next year.
                  Can't say I disagree with any of those three. Incognito and Barron continue to make the same stupid mistakes over and over and over again.

Originally posted by txramsfan View Post
                  Little has regressed. Hall really isn't the answer on the other side. Hill isn't the CB everyone thought he would be (Cromartie looks like he was the pick instead).
                  I'm with you here too. Hall played decent against the run, but that's not why we got him- his passrush was non existent. I am not sold on Hill at all. I think he talks more than he plays. I know hindsight is 20/20, but yes, Cromartie looks like he is far, far ahead of Hill at this point. Hopefully that will change.

Comment

Well, we played what- 3 of those playoff teams in the regular season and they all beat us like a red-headed stepchild, so yes, I'm guessing that would continue.

Comment

The O-line was a liability, no doubt. You can't field a bunch of street agents and expect to get it done. However, I wouldn't paint with as wide a brush on the D-line. They actually looked like a unit on its way up. Carriker and Ryan both played very well. Glover looked better than last year. Hall and Vic both were solid run stoppers. The problem was not the D-line in general, but the pass rush specifically.

Of the 31 sacks our D generated only 16 were from the D-line. And of those 16 sacks, 10.5 were from an inside pass rush.

I'm sorry folks, but an edge rush that only manages 5.5 sacks just won't get it done in this league!

You wanna look at how a 4-3 pass rush should be? NY Giants - 53 total sacks, 7.5 from the interior, 32 from the edge.
                      Last edited by HUbison; -01-14-2008, 10:39 AM.
                      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by moloch41 View Post
                        Can't say I disagree with any of those three. Incognito and Barron continue to make the same stupid mistakes over and over and over again.

I'm with you here too. Hall played decent against the run, but that's not why we got him- his passrush was non existent. I am not sold on Hill at all. I think he talks more than he plays. I know hindsight is 20/20, but yes, Cromartie looks like he is far, far ahead of Hill at this point. Hopefully that will change.
                        Can you provide some examples of Hill talking more than playing? You are not the first person to mention this, but I don't recall Hill ever spouting off or getting into trouble ...

The only think about Hill talking that has ever been portrayed anywhere is some hearsay quote about Hill shutting down Steve Smith, and that nonsense came from DeAngelo Hall ...

Comment

Originally posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
                          Can you provide some examples of Hill talking more than playing? You are not the first person to mention this, but I don't recall Hill ever spouting off or getting into trouble ...

The only think about Hill talking that has ever been portrayed anywhere is some hearsay quote about Hill shutting down Steve Smith, and that nonsense came from DeAngelo Hall ...
                          I thought it was Tye Hil saying it directly, but maybe it was him talking trash to DeAngelo Williams after the Rams 15-0 loss there. I actually believe what Williams said though. Either way, I just haven't been blown away by this guy's performance yet. Hopefully, he'll pick it up this year. At this point, he shouldn't be talking nonsense about anybody. Do you agree that Cromartie has proven to be the better Pro talent so far?

Comment

Originally posted by moloch41 View Post
                            Do you agree that Cromartie has proven to be the better Pro talent so far?
                            I agree that Cromartie should have been our pick and that's what I thought when we drafted Hill. Primarily due to the size difference at the time. Hill has potential, but, he hasn't wowed me yet. Whereas, Cromartie is already a star in this league. That was a "draft gaff" in my opinion. Hill is fairly solid, staying with his receivers because of his speed. But, he hasn't shown me enough ball skills to be a shut down corner yet. Although, I'd take him over Travis Fischer any day. Hopefully, Hill will live up to his potential.

Comment

Put Cromartie in this defense, he won't do as well. In the same tone, give Hill the Chargers' pass rush, he'd have better numbers too. Folks, when you force the QB to rush, he makes mistakes.......it makes corners look better. Give the QB all day..........corners look less effective.
                              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment