Not much to like about Preseason Game #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much to like about Preseason Game #2

Jackson had some nice runs. Curtis looked pretty good.

Otherwise... ugh!

The offensive line needs to get Pace back and get in synch or its going to be a long year.

The D line just needs to play better.

Fisher's injury is a bad break. Aeneas may have to move back to CB.

And the Rams play again in four days...

Well, it can only get better from here.

Re: Not much to like about Preseason Game #2

It doesnt have to get better from here if we continue our current pace of losing one starter per week for the year. A debacle of biblical magnitude.

general counsel

Comment

Not much to like at all.....

did Hargrove get a sack? I thought I saw him get one.

4 days to prepare for the next game is no time to prepare. Rams against the skins. Yikes. The good thing is, I am going out of town, so I won't have to watch the game.
      sigpic

Comment

Not only was there not much to like, arguably there was much to dislike. O points against the same defense that gave up 30 a game last year. 2 thoroughly methodical drives that the D had no answer for ... the LBs couldn't cover the TEs ...

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Rambos
          First preseason game ends
          by Rambos
          The Rams just gave up 175 on the ground.
          -08-09-2007, 10:55 AM
          preseason games-a former players perspective
          by Guest
          I had lunch today with a business associate, a former redskins qb. We discussed the value or lack thereof of preseason games. I agree 100% with those on the board that believe that the most important goal of the preseason is to make it through without injuries.

When i presented the argument to my friend regarding the unnecessary risk of injury posed by preseason games, he did not agree. He made the following points:

1) There is no greater risk of injury in a preseason game than in a team scrimmage. If there are no preseason games, the teams will just scrimmage live more against themselves. Failure to do so would cause a major competitive disadvantage when the season starts.

2) it is so competitive in practice scrimmages, that without them, you would not believe how uncoordinated your team would look in week one. he felt that the games really do help prepare the teams for the regular season.

interesting perspective.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ps. if winslow is worth 16.5 mill up front, pace is worth $20 million or more.
          -08-11-2004, 06:15 PM
        • r8rh8rmike
          I Know It's Preseason, But.............
          by r8rh8rmike
          The game last night did not "feel" good to me. I got an uneasy sense that we're not where we should be. I know the game meant nothing as far as winning or losing, but there just seemed to be too many mistakes, too many penalties, too many dropped passes, too many missed tackles, too many missed opportunities, and no real continuity on offense or defense.

I'm not looking for complicated schemes and perfect execution, but I don't think expecting basic fundamental football is asking for too much.

That said, maybe it was just a bad game, and we'll flip the switch in the next few weeks. I'm not overly concerned, I don't think we're in trouble, and I know everything gets reset on opening day, but I'd really like to see the team moving in the right direction. Hopefully we see that next Saturday in the dress rehearsal.
          -08-18-2013, 11:29 AM
        • RamWraith
          Preseason Games
          by RamWraith
          Should once again be exciting to watch. The last few years we have been bored with the same ol' players starting at every postion but we have a list of players that will make a impact this season and should make for an interesting preseason

Jackson
          Chandler
          Smoker
          Curtis
          McDonald
          Kennedy
          Chiller
          Shiver
          Looker
          Jensen

Al these players could be HUGE impact palyers this next year, and have a chance at cutting the starting line-up.

FINALLY PRESEASON MIGHT MEAN SOMETHING TO THIS TEAM.
          -07-05-2004, 12:39 PM
          We're doomed... DOOMED i say
          by Guest
          some of you need to get a grip.... its only a preseason game... it will be "all right on the night mate"
          -08-25-2004, 08:13 AM
        Working...
        X