TX, your man kevin garrett......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TX, your man kevin garrett......

TX, your guy kevin garrett is going to get his chance to show what he can do with fisher likely out for the year and with groce having the knee issue. I dont really see aeneas at cb as a good option, i would prefer to see garrett get his shot, but we will have to see what happens.

general counsel

Re: TX, your man kevin garrett......

Garrett played a solid game. They went deep on him early and had the coverage nailed, and also broke up a pass in the end zone.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

another healthy scratch for garrett
      by Guest
      It is beginning to look like the reports that we are going to waive kevin garrett when fisher is ready to return may be accurate. garrett was a healthy scratch for the second week in a row.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
      -10-19-2004, 06:06 AM
    • evil disco man
      Tidbit on Kevin Garrett in SI
      by evil disco man
      •New NFL Grads
      A Matter of Degrees

Kevin Garrett, Rams Cornerback • Graduated from SMU. Master's in Liberal Arts
      Garrett, 24, whose parents are both school teachers, earned bachelor's degrees in both marketing and psychology at SMU and started on his master's before leaving the school in 2003. Since then he's taken classes at St. Louis's Washington University, including social science courses this spring, and says he finished with a 3.4 GPA. Says Garrett, "In the business world, the more pieces of paper you've got, the higher you climb up the ladder."

:helmet:
      -07-08-2005, 02:41 PM
    • RamWraith
      Hadley on Garrett
      by RamWraith
      Hadley said that it is his understanding that the rams are just waiting for Travis Fisher to comeback so they can cut Garrett. Rumor has it that the powers at Rams Park are very disappointed with Garrett.
      -10-12-2004, 06:24 AM
    • RamWraith
      Garrett, Groce Move to Forefront
      by RamWraith
      Tuesday, August 24, 2004

By Nick Wagoner
      Staff Writer

About one year ago, Kevin Garrett and DeJuan Groce were rookies. Green as can be, the two young cornerbacks went through their first training camp with plenty of college pedigree, but little experience at the game’s highest level. They didn’t have to worry too much about stepping in and contributing on the field because of the presence of other talented corners Travis Fisher and Jerametrius Butler.

On one play in the second quarter of the Rams’ second preseason game against Kansas City on Monday night, everything changed for Groce and Garrett. Fisher left the game after making a standard, everyday tackle, holding his right arm. It turned out the arm was broken and Fisher, who had four interceptions in 2003, could now miss the entire season. In an instant, Garrett was thrust into an unfamiliar role as the starting cornerback for the defending NFC Western Division champions.

Fisher will have surgery Wednesday to get a plate put in his arm. He could miss anywhere from eight weeks to four months. Rams coach Mike Martz said Tuesday that he hopes to get Fisher back late in the season, but there are no guarantees. “No one really completely knows when we’ll get him back,” Martz said. “I think for us at this point, nobody really knows, so there is no sense in putting a time on it. It just gives somebody else an opportunity. That’s what they are here for.”

Fisher’s absence leaves a gaping hole in the secondary that Garrett and Groce will attempt to fill. Groce sprained his left knee in practice on Aug. 18. He has not practiced since, but Martz said Groce would get back to workouts as early as Thursday. “We could possibly have him this week,” Martz said. “He will start running tomorrow. It’s a day-to-day thing. If he’s not ready, he’s not ready.”

Garrett, meanwhile, appears ready to take his shot at the leading role. With Groce out of action, Garrett came in for Fisher and did a solid job in relief. Garrett was in a similar position to Fisher last year, when he missed valuable time with a fractured wrist. He played mostly on special teams in the nine games he appeared.

Garrett is, perhaps, the fastest Ram. The second-year player out of Southern Methodist has had a strong camp, according to Martz. “Kevin had a better camp than I would have thought,” Martz said. “He had the furthest to go just in his skills and his background. DeJuan was a little more refined and I thought Kevin caught up. I was hardpressed to determine which one had the edge. That is good news.”

If neither of the young corners can make the next step, there is one more option to replace Fisher. Aeneas Williams would probably be a pretty serviceable replacement considering he is likely to one day enter the Hall of Fame as one of the game’s all-time great cover men.

Williams moved to safety a year ago...
      -08-25-2004, 06:41 AM
    • general counsel
      Groce can play some ball!
      by general counsel
      I like groce a lot. that was a terrific interception. He has really stepped up. we need him to stay healthy. Lets hope fisher is ok.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
      -09-18-2005, 07:03 PM
    Working...
    X