Question no Lewis & Pickett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question no Lewis & Pickett

I was not able to see the game, but I've read that our run defense was bad. My question is how did Lewis and Pickett look? Previously there have been a lot of posts that have stated that they have looked good and have improved.

Since this has been an oft-discussed topic I am sure some of you watched them. How did they do? Were they the reason for the poor run defense or was it the LBs or?

Re: Question no Lewis & Pickett

Actually, they looked okay in my opinion. Pickett was the only DL that held up at the point of attack, and Lewis was able to penetrate a couple of times. The DEs, on the other hand (particularly Flowers) were being blown off the line and sealed off constantly.

Comment

Yea , Flowers did look pretty bad. And since when does Little not know how to tackle? Had a major sack- Blown opportunity! I guess he thought he could push Green down.

Comment

From what I saw, Pickett and Lewis were unimpressive. On a few running plays, they over-ran or got pushed past the point of attack. They were not maintaining their lanes and were plagued by cut back runs.

On one play, the Chiefs gained 5 yards. But it looked as if he had only gained 2 or 3. BUT... the whole line had been blown off the line of scrimmage.

When Nick asked which ONE issue was the key for the Rams. I said the O-line, but after last night, I would have co-#1s (add the D-line).

I Know ... I Know it's the preseason. But you did ask.

ARF

Comment

It's small comfort, but when evaluating Pickett, Lewis, & the rest of the D-line, they were going up against the best O-line in football. I had hoped they would rise to the occasion a little better, but this isn't exactly the typical O-line we were up against last night.
          The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Perhaps they were facing one of the best O lines in the NFL last night...but how about giving up around 8 yds a carry to Jones vs the Bears?? There will be an opportunity to hunt for an excuse every week Im afarid.
            "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo Ram Fan
              Perhaps they were facing one of the best O lines in the NFL last night...but how about giving up around 8 yds a carry to Jones vs the Bears?? There will be an opportunity to hunt for an excuse every week Im afarid.
              Yea, you're right, that's a different story, Fargo.
              We've got to stop the run, no matter what.
              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

I thouht they both looked pretty good chasing Holmes from behind. Honestly I think Little set the tempo for the d-line with his non-tackle of Green. It was like the whole defense was afraid of being physical. Its too bad they didn't take after Massey, then maybe the game would have been different.

Comment

The more I read, my god this has to improve, we will go nowhere if we can't stop the run... Full stop!!!

steve :ramlogo:
                  "The breakfast Club":helmet:

Comment

Honestly I think Little set the tempo for the d-line with his non-tackle of Green. It was like the whole defense was afraid of being physical. Its too bad they didn't take after Massey, then maybe the game would have been different.
                    I totaly agree; I realy hope they come to thier senses on Friday.
                    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS
                    :ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram:

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
                    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Comment

Working...
                    X