Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bernie tidbits

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Bernie tidbits

    RB Lamar Gordon is progressing better than expected. He's running again. Looking good. Not doing team drills yet. Could be back by Sept. 12

    The underground gossip pipeline at Rams Park has the Big O, Pace, reporting on Saturday or Sunday.

    Martz continues to tout Scott Tercero. Says he'd be happy to have Tercero at RT. Intidicated to me that he thinks Tercero can be better at RT this year than Turley was last year. (Spin alert!)

    Turley: he won't be a Ram this season, and I think that's true even if he makes a miracle recovery, which he won't. And I don't get a sense that anyone out here is crying over it. (Spin alert? Yes. But I don't really dispute it when Rams people tell me Turley didn't have many friends out here. I caught the guy's act enough last year to know he's a me-first type of personality).

    Travis Fisher had his surgery; went well (which is what they always say). But there was no nerve damage, which is a plus, hence the positive report.

    There is no consideration to moving Aeneas Williams from FS to CB to compensate for Fisher's loss. Martz is adamant that they'll go with Kevin Garrett

    Tom Nutten will see some action at G this week.

    Pete Kendall (G) is about 2 weeks from being in good shape, but they're very pleased with the kind of player he is.

    On Marshall Faulk, Martz says this is the best No. 28 has felt in "quite some time." (spin alert). Marshall will play Friday. A little.

    I asked Martz about his comments (ESPN) on Warner not helping Bulger. I asked him to elaborate. He declined. Aware of some of the background chatter about Warner not being the big buddy to Bulger that everyone thinks, I told Martz that he let the cat out of the bag a little. He told me that one day he'll talk about it, but not now. Wants to concentrate on getting his team ready. ANd that's all.

    Cheers,
    Bernie

  • #2
    Re: The Bernie tidbits

    But I don't really dispute it when Rams people tell me Turley didn't have many friends out here. I caught the guy's act enough last year to know he's a me-first type of personality
    What an absolutely shocking development (read with sarcasm). :bored:
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The Bernie tidbits

      Originally posted by RamWraith
      Martz continues to tout Scott Tercero. Says he'd be happy to have Tercero at RT. Intidicated to me that he thinks Tercero can be better at RT this year than Turley was last year. (Spin alert!)
      Wowzers! That tells me two things: one, Grant Williams is strictly going to be Pace's back-up on the left side of the line, and two, Nutten and Dishman will probably be fighting it out for the starting left guard slot.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Bernie tidbits

        Pete Kendall (G) is about 2 weeks from being in good shape, but they're very pleased with the kind of player he is.
        Am I missing something? Didn't he sign with the Jets?
        I asked Martz about his comments (ESPN) on Warner not helping Bulger.
        So explain to me, who's not telling the truth here? Is it Martz saying that Warner didn't help Bulger or is it Bulger saying that Warner did help him? Why is this even an issue for our HC?
        The more things change, the more they stay the same.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Bernie tidbits

          Originally posted by HUbison
          Is it Martz saying that Warner didn't help Bulger or is it Bulger saying that Warner did help him? Why is this even an issue for our HC?
          Psychologists would say sMartz is projecting his subconscious feelings and attributing what he internally recognizes as his own behavior onto others ...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Bernie tidbits

            Originally posted by HUbison
            Am I missing something? Didn't he sign with the Jets?
            No, you're right. Perhaps Bernie was thinking Greg Randall instead.


            Originally posted by HUbison
            So explain to me, who's not telling the truth here? Is it Martz saying that Warner didn't help Bulger or is it Bulger saying that Warner did help him? Why is this even an issue for our HC?
            Well, based on Bernie's whole quote, it sounds as if the whole image of Warner being this friendly mentor to Bulger isn't true. This seems to validate earlier reports that the Rams actually had personnel to keep Warner away from Bulger at times on the sidelines (forget where that was reported). I guess like Mike says, one day he'll talk about it. Until now, we'll just have to speculate. But I imagine it's an issue for the head coach because ESPN asked him about it in an interview about Bulger. It's not like Martz held a press conference to make these comments.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Bernie tidbits

              Originally posted by Nick
              Well, based on Bernie's whole quote, it sounds as if the whole image of Warner being this friendly mentor to Bulger isn't true.
              Then, Bulger must have been blowing smoke at reporters when he said on ESPN that Warner had helped him last year.
              Originally posted by Nick
              But I imagine it's an issue for the head coach because ESPN asked him about it in an interview about Bulger.
              He declined to speak to Bernie about it...why not ESPN?
              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Bernie tidbits

                Originally posted by HUbison
                Then, Bulger must have been blowing smoke at reporters when he said on ESPN that Warner had helped him last year.
                Indeed. It would seem as if the entire franchise wanted everyone to think things were fine and dandy with that situation, and understandably. There was already enough attention being paid to a QB controversy in St. Louis. Why give the media that much more to feed on by talking about some kind of animosity or problems between the two players?



                Originally posted by HUbison
                He declined to speak to Bernie about it...why not ESPN?
                I'm not sure I understand your question. I imagine he only brought it up on ESPN because he was asked -- again, to my recollection, this was an spot on Marc Bulger.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Bernie tidbits

                  Originally posted by Nick
                  Indeed. It would seem as if the entire franchise wanted everyone to think things were fine and dandy with that situation, and understandably. There was already enough attention being paid to a QB controversy in St. Louis. Why give the media that much more to feed on by talking about some kind of animosity or problems between the two players?
                  You're absolutely correct and Bulger was right for giving the media the amicable response. So why didn't Martz do the same?
                  Originally posted by Nick
                  I'm not sure I understand your question. I imagine he only brought it up on ESPN because he was asked -- again, to my recollection, this was an spot on Marc Bulger.
                  Just because ESPN asked doesn't mean he had to give an answer. When Bernie asked...
                  Originally posted by Wraith (Bernie)
                  I asked Martz about his comments (ESPN) on Warner not helping Bulger. I asked him to elaborate. He declined.
                  If he can tell Bernie to buzz off, why not ESPN. As you said...
                  Originally posted by Nick
                  Why give the media that much more to feed on by talking about some kind of animosity or problems between the two players?
                  The more things change, the more they stay the same.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The Bernie tidbits

                    Originally posted by HUbison
                    You're absolutely correct and Bulger was right for giving the media the amicable response. So why didn't Martz do the same?
                    It would seem like he did for a while.


                    Originally posted by HUbison
                    Just because ESPN asked doesn't mean he had to give an answer. When Bernie asked...

                    If he can tell Bernie to buzz off, why not ESPN. As you said...
                    Ah, I see now. Well, perhaps he was just tired of being asked about Warner. Perhaps he was tired of putting up the facade that Warner was this huge help for Marc. Perhaps it was just a slip up, and after realizing what happened, he declined to elaborate. It's hard to say, but the man is human after all.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The Bernie tidbits

                      Originally posted by Nick
                      Perhaps it was just a slip up, and after realizing what happened, he declined to elaborate.
                      That's the one my money's on.
                      Originally posted by Nick
                      It's hard to say, but the man is human after all.
                      There are those around the board who would debate this point. :redface:
                      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The Bernie tidbits

                        Originally posted by NickSeiler
                        Perhaps it was just a slip up, and after realizing what happened, he declined to elaborate. It's hard to say, but the man is human after all.
                        What sMartz is , is duplicitous. He just can't leave things well enough alone. Rather than let things unfold as they might, he has to continue to inject new material that implicitly calls into question KW's character. So many fans are accused of not letting this issue go, but it seems obvious that sMartz harbors something that prompts him to contradict the postitves that KW cultivated.

                        Why? KW and MB will sink or swim shortly enough. And no matter how sMartz wants to try and reconstruct public impression, his judgment on the QB matter will be exposed soon enough ... for better or worse ... impugning someone will not deflect attention away from that fact ... no matter how someone wants to rationalize why sMartz says what he does ...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The Bernie tidbits

                          So many fans are accused of not letting this issue go, but it seems obvious that sMartz harbors something that prompts him to contradict the postitves that KW cultivated.
                          Kind of lends credence to the theory that this was a personal issue and nothing more. Not that I necessarily believe that theory, but it does give you something to think about.
                          Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The Bernie tidbits

                            Originally posted by Yodude
                            Kind of lends credence to the theory that this was a personal issue and nothing more.
                            There may very well have been a personal issue, but to say that there was "nothing more" is preposterous. Personal issues didn't cause Warner to have multiple injuries, declining statistics and the seeming inability to win games since the end of 2001.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The Bernie tidbits

                              There may very well have been a personal issue, but to say that there was "nothing more" is preposterous.
                              OK...I guess I should have thought a little more as I was writing....

                              Let me rephrase....

                              Kind of lends credence to the theory that this was more about personal issues than other factors.

                              Preposterously Yours,

                              Yodude
                              Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 232 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X