Dennis Green isn't underestimating the Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennis Green isn't underestimating the Rams

On Sirius satellite radio, Dennis Green was interviewed and discussed what he thought of the Rams/Chiefs game. I wasn't paying a heck of a lot of attention, but he mentioned how Martz hasn't won a lot in the preseason but when the regular season rolls around, the Rams are still the Greatest Show on Turf. He said the Rams probably went into the game not expecting the Chiefs to blitz as much as they did, but Green said, "If you know Cunningham, then you know he's gonna blitz."

Re: Dennis Green isn't underestimating the Rams

Good, let's hope the Rams aren't underestimating the Cardinals either. The Dennis Green hiring was a very smart move for them and it looks like little Bidwell is starting to make some moves.

Comment

Re: Dennis Green isn't underestimating the Rams

I don't know if anyone else head this, but there were reports of a UFO hovering over the Rams hotel the night before the game. Theory is the entire team was replaced by robots. This would explain why the team looked lost out there on Monday night. :redface:

That's what I've been tell my co-workers and I'm sticking to it. :mask:
      JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS
      :ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram:

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
      Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• r8rh8rmike
        Trent Green Appears To Be Retiring
        by r8rh8rmike
        Trent Green appears to be retiring
        By Kathleen Nelson
        ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
        06/12/2009

After two stints with the St. Louis Rams and a successful run with the Kansas City Chiefs, quarterback Trent Green appears to be retiring.

Green, a product of Vianney High, told Jay Glazer of Foxsports.com: “I feel this is finally the right time. I’ve talked about it with (the family) for a while, especially with the concussions over the last few years. We all felt it was the time to do it.”

Green spent 15 seasons in the NFL, three with the Rams. He threw for a total of 28,475 yards and 162 touchdowns.

He enjoyed his most productive stint with the Kansas City Chiefs, from 2001 to 2006, when he made the Pro Bowl twice. The Rams released Green in February.
        -06-12-2009, 05:09 PM
      • RamWraith
        Trent Green ready to take charge
        by RamWraith
        Trent Green ready to take charge as Rams QB in Kansas City game
        Bulger will sit out preseason finale
        BY STEVE KORTE
        News-Democrat

ST. LOUIS --
        Backup quarterback Trent Green has thrown only eight passes in the St. Louis Rams' three preseason games so far, but he'll get a chance to knock any rust off his passing arm during the team's preseason finale on Saturday.

Rams coach Scott Linehan announced on Tuesday that Green will be the starting quarterback when the team plays the Kansas City Chiefs at 6 p.m. Thursday at Arrowhead Stadium.

Starting quarterback Marc Bulger, who played the entire first half in the Rams' 24-10 win over the Baltimore Ravens last Saturday, will sit out the game.

"Everybody wants work," Green said. "That's why I came back. I love playing. But I told Coach Linehan, 'I'll play as little or as much as you want me to play."'

Green said he understands why he has played so sparingly in the preseason up to this point.

"I understand that they are trying to get Marc ready, they're trying to get the new offense ready, they're trying to get the linemen and everybody acclimated to a new set of calls, and they're also trying to develop two young quarterbacks," Green said. "Because of my experience level -- I won't say age -- I feel comfortable with where I am right now."

Green, 38, is entering his 15th NFL season and his second tour of duty with the Rams.

The game against the Chiefs is the first stop on Green's personal reunion tour as the Rams play all three of the other NFL teams where he has also been a starting quarterback. They play Washington on Oct. 12 and Miami on Nov. 30.

"It's been a great run, it's been a great career," said Green, a graduate of Vianney High School in St. Louis. "I've enjoyed every minute of it. You learn from all the different experiences. My time in Kansas City, the six years that I was there, I have a lot of great memories from that."

Green said he actually was looking forward to standing in the pocket and feeling the pressure of the pass rush.

"It's good to get in the pocket when you have guys flying around you and you have to move around and slide your feet," Green said. "Anytime you get the pocket closing around, that's stuff that you can't really simulate in a practice setting. Those are all good things."

Green had his season cut short by concussions in each of the last two years, yet he said he wasn't apprehensive about getting hit.

"As crazy as this sounds, no," Green said, "and everybody has a hard time believing that. When I came back in 2000 off the knee injury, there was really no apprehension then. A lot of people told me there would be, that you have to get used to people diving at your...
        -08-27-2008, 11:44 AM
      • Nick
        Trent Green out for pre-season finalé versus Rams
        by Nick
        Chiefs | Green has Procedure to Fix Circulation Problem
        Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:29:04 -0700

Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green (foot) had an outpatient procedure to correct a circulation problem. He is expected to return to practice Monday, Sept. 5. Head coach Dick Vermeil said everything has been positive and nobody has given him any reason to worry about Green's status for the upcoming season.

Chiefs | Quinn to Start Preseason Finale
        Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:28:42 -0700

Updating ongoing reports, Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Jonathan Quinn will start Friday, Sept. 2, in the team's preseason finale against the St. Louis Rams.
        -09-01-2005, 10:21 AM
      • Curly Horns
        Green's Motor Back in High Gear
        by Curly Horns
        Wednesday, August 3, 2005

By Nick Wagoner
        Senior Writer

It would be easy for anyone to dismiss Brandon Green off into the pile of “high motor” guys. You know, the kind of guys who plays hard, but really doesn’t have much in the way of discernible skills or athleticism.

Green certainly falls into the category of high motor, but it’s the way he fuels his engine that makes his story one of perseverance and persistence. Green was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 10, throwing a serious wrench into his plans to be a professional football player.

Yet, here Green is, diabetes and all, playing defensive end for the Rams. At 6-feet-3, 264 pounds, Green is smaller than most defensive ends so he is forced to get by on effort. Even Coach Mike Martz was ready to brand Green with the now dreaded high motor category, but after seeing Green’s performance early in camp, realized there is more to Green than just effort.

“When we brought Brandon in, we felt like that was the type of guy we were getting, but I think he is probably a little more athletic than what we anticipated,” Martz said. “In discussions on him as a staff, we have all been very pleased so far.”

The fact that any coaching staff has a chance to be impressed with Green is amazing in itself. After learning that he was diabetic, Green was forced to begin finding ways to continue playing sports, but keep his blood sugar level at a reasonable and healthy level.

Playing football at Industrial High in Vanderbilt, Texas, Green was a four-year starter, playing defensive end and tight end. Pulling double duty took a serious toll on Green, making it difficult for him to find time to recuperate and control his diabetes.

In the years following the diagnosis, Green spent time experimenting with a variety of things to control his blood sugar level.

“High school was a bit different because I never came off the field,” Green said. “It’s easier when you are just on defense and you come off the field and take a blood sugar test. You can get ready for the next series. I would say in college is when I started to hone in on it and realize how important it is not just for during the game, but the night before and a couple nights before because your body recovers so much better when you have good blood sugars. That really helped my performance.”

Before Green headed off to Rice University, he led Industrial High to a 41-5 record and three district titles. Once he joined up with the Owls, Green started to find the best ways to keep his body fueled up.

While there were plenty of medical advancements being made that could help Green, he had by then embraced a certain way of handling his diabetes. Those solutions included a steady diet of syringes, Gatorade and granola. On his down time, Green took the opportunity to learn his beloved country music on the...
        -08-03-2005, 08:55 PM
      • RamWraith
        Green's Motor Back in High Gear
        by RamWraith
        By Nick Wagoner
        Senior Writer

It would be easy for anyone to dismiss Brandon Green off into the pile of “high motor” guys. You know, the kind of guys who plays hard, but really doesn’t have much in the way of discernible skills or athleticism.

Green certainly falls into the category of high motor, but it’s the way he fuels his engine that makes his story one of perseverance and persistence. Green was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 10, throwing a serious wrench into his plans to be a professional football player.

Yet, here Green is, diabetes and all, playing defensive end for the Rams. At 6-feet-3, 264 pounds, Green is smaller than most defensive ends so he is forced to get by on effort. Even Coach Mike Martz was ready to brand Green with the now dreaded high motor category, but after seeing Green’s performance early in camp, realized there is more to Green than just effort.

“When we brought Brandon in, we felt like that was the type of guy we were getting, but I think he is probably a little more athletic than what we anticipated,” Martz said. “In discussions on him as a staff, we have all been very pleased so far.”

The fact that any coaching staff has a chance to be impressed with Green is amazing in itself. After learning that he was diabetic, Green was forced to begin finding ways to continue playing sports, but keep his blood sugar level at a reasonable and healthy level.

Playing football at Industrial High in Vanderbilt, Texas, Green was a four-year starter, playing defensive end and tight end. Pulling double duty took a serious toll on Green, making it difficult for him to find time to recuperate and control his diabetes.

In the years following the diagnosis, Green spent time experimenting with a variety of things to control his blood sugar level.

“High school was a bit different because I never came off the field,” Green said. “It’s easier when you are just on defense and you come off the field and take a blood sugar test. You can get ready for the next series. I would say in college is when I started to hone in on it and realize how important it is not just for during the game, but the night before and a couple nights before because your body recovers so much better when you have good blood sugars. That really helped my performance.”

Before Green headed off to Rice University, he led Industrial High to a 41-5 record and three district titles. Once he joined up with the Owls, Green started to find the best ways to keep his body fueled up.

While there were plenty of medical advancements being made that could help Green, he had by then embraced a certain way of handling his diabetes. Those solutions included a steady diet of syringes, Gatorade and granola. On his down time, Green took the opportunity to learn his beloved country music on the guitar. The sounds of George Strait, Charlie...
        -08-04-2005, 07:04 PM
      Working...
      X