My neighbor, Deacon Jones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My neighbor, Deacon Jones?

Well he is not my neighbor but he owns the condo right next to me...
    Funny story......My neighbor is upset about Deacons renters up above
    them because there to loud. So Deacons wife and him want to come over
    to have a glass of wine and dinner to see how loud there renters are..
    If and when they come im getting some S^$T signed..

Re: My neighbor, Deacon Jones?

Watch out he doesnt head slap you Beers. If you give him at least one of the six pack of brews that you are known to carry with you at all times, he might take it easy on you.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel View Post
      Watch out he doesnt head slap you Beers. If you give him at least one of the six pack of brews that you are known to carry with you at all times, he might take it easy on you.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
      LOL...If I get some pic i will post them.;)

Comment

Originally posted by BEER View Post
        Well he is not my neighbor but he owns the condo right next to me...
        Funny story......My neighbor is upset about Deacons renters up above
        them because there to loud. So Deacons wife and him want to come over
        to have a glass of wine and dinner to see how loud there renters are..
        If and when they come im getting some S^$T signed..
        I'm calling B.S. The Deac? Wine? Come on!
        The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel View Post

ramming speed to all

general counsel
          Or he could try to get a picture of the Deacon giving him a headslap. It'd be a memory--and a headache--that would last forever.

Comment

Make it happen Beer. We want to see pictures and hear the story.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison View Post
              I'm calling B.S. The Deac? Wine? Come on!
              Wine only makes sense if Deacon eats the glass.
              sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

I was just looking through some Rams football cards....and came across Deacon Jones ....I got headslapped!

Comment

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Deacon Jones.

Comment

Oh, and if we never see you again...at least we'll know what's happened

Comment

A Deacon Jones delivered headslap is the preferred method of execution in 16 states.

Comment

Originally posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
                        A Deacon Jones delivered headslap is the preferred method of execution in 16 states.
                        As opposed to the other 34 (If I know my American geography) where it's the stock standard Mike Tyson ear-chew.
                        Last edited by HUbison; -06-16-2008, 07:01 AM. Reason: 36....34....to-mA-to....to-ma-to

Comment

Deacon Jones invented a language comprised of different variations of the headslap. So next time Deacon Jones is kicking your ass, don’t be offended or hurt, he may be just trying to tell you he likes your hat.

Comment

O u t s t a n d i n g. :ram:

Comment

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Deacon Jones.

That right there might be the best quote in the history of ClanRam. My frickin computer for some bizarre reason won't give rep points but if I could, you'd get one from me.

:helmet:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AlphaRam
                                Deacon Jones Retirement Print
                                by AlphaRam
                                For those who could not attend the game, here is a picture of the print that was handed out at the game.

-09-29-2009, 05:59 PM
                              • RamWraith
                                Deacon Jones - 'Secretary Of Defense'
                                by RamWraith
                                Khalil Garriott
                                NFLPLAYERS.COM
                                03/15/2007

Deacon Jones - 'Secretary Of Defense' Making A Difference

David "Deacon" Jones is a living legend in every sense of the term.

Having already become a gridiron great on the football field, Jones has shifted his focus to giving back to young people. He is president and CEO of the Deacon Jones Foundation (http://www.deaconjones.com/), which "is committed to developing young, educated, talented, intelligent, accomplished people who understand their commitment to the inner-city communities from which they come, and have the tools and the desire to return," according to the foundation's Web site.

Jones was truly a pioneer during his time, using his speed and toughness to harass quarterbacks from his defensive end position. He revolutionized that position, so much so that he's credited with the term "sack" that today defines the success of defensive linemen. His personal accolades and honors are seemingly never-ending, but perhaps it's his absence in only five games over a 14-year NFL career that best represents how Jones played the game.

"I've had a heck of a life," Jones said, laughing.

While he could easily sit back and rest on the laurels he achieved as one of the best defensive ends of all-time, Jones has done the opposite since retiring from football. By using his personal story as a man who overcame hardships while living in a low-income area to become a Pro Football Hall of Famer, Jones is an inspiration to those less fortunate.

"Coming from a poor, inner-city neighborhood myself, I have an intimate knowledge of all of the problems people face there," Jones said on his Web site. "When kids from the ghetto enter college and the workplace, they don't know a thing about what they hear. And they are never told exactly what their commitment to their own neighborhoods must be."

Now approaching age 69, Jones has retired—in a sense. He, of course, doesn't put on the pads and helmet anymore, but hasn't shown many signs of slowing down with his foundation and work in the community.

"I retired two years ago from a lot of active stuff but I'm running my foundation and doing a lot of charity work," he said. "I have the Deacon Jones Foundation which is the inner-city scholarship program I run. I have different events all year, so I work those, then I help a lot of the other guys in the league who have programs. I still do some public appearances, but not too many anymore," he continued.

Jones, an outspoken and incomparable leader for the Los Angeles Rams, San Diego Chargers and Washington Redskins, had about as distinguished a career as a player can have. During his best years with the Rams, he garnered a couple nicknames that still stick to this day. Known as the "Secretary...
                                -03-16-2007, 05:06 AM
                              • theodus69
                                Deacon Jones signing in Rancho Cucamonga
                                by theodus69
                                Deacon will be at the grand opening of the Pro Bass Shop in Rancho Cucamonga weds. 18th from 6:00 pm til 8:00 pm. didn't see this anywhere so thought you guys and gals might want to know!
                                -07-17-2007, 07:31 AM
                              • rob6465
                                Jacoby Jones??
                                by rob6465
                                Should we give him a try???
                                -05-01-2012, 03:41 PM
                              • RAMMAN68
                                Pac-Man Jones: 'I Will Be Nowhere Near Next Friday's Strip-Club Stabbing'
                                by RAMMAN68
                                June 21, 2007 | Onion Sports

LOS ANGELES—Suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pac-Man" Jones called a press conference Tuesday in order to emphasize that he will be nowhere near a possibly fatal stabbing that will occur during a fight involving several members of his entourage and the bartender at an L.A.–area strip club this coming Friday.

"I just want people to know that I'm not going to be present at Shaker's, the club where possibly about to be deceased chump-ass bartender Darrent Wilson has been known to exchange harsh language and threats with my known associates, including kicking me and my people out of his establishment," said Jones, who is also currently being questioned by police concerning a recent shooting at an Atlanta strip club and is currently on suspension from the NFL following a melee and shooting in February at a Las Vegas strip club. "I am sorry for what is about to happen to this man, who will be in the wrong place at the wrong time, but it will have had nothing to do with me."

Jones also took the opportunity to appeal once more to the NFL for leniency in a case of what he called "bad luck."

"I will be going to bed at midnight on Friday anyway, and the gentleman in question will not be knifed until about 3 a.m.," Jones added. "And about Wednesday I'm deciding to give up strip clubs anyway, since bad stuff can happen there, especially when employees act unreasonable. Just because I know the guys who will be there when this happens doesn't necessarily mean I knew it was going to happen."

The fight, which sources close to Jones say will apparently start as an argument over a woman, will involve Wilson and at least three as-yet unidentified members of Jones' group, although witnesses will not be able to place Jones at the scene. When contacted about the incident, Jones plans to promise to cooperate with authorities in their investigation and pray for Wilson's speedy recovery, if the bartender is alive at the time.

Jones stressed that no charges have yet been filed against him, saying that, although unfortunate, anticipation of the stabbing was "blowing the incident all out of proportion."

"This Saturday will mark my sixth arrest, or possibly seventh. I can't tell the future," Jones said, shaking his head in apparent anger. "Yet I won't get charged this time, either. They'll just be persecuting me for the stabbing that's going to happen because of the other stuff that already happened. Is that fair? I don't think that when Mr. Smart Mouth Darrent Wilson gets stabbed it should affect my career like that."

"You know that Darrent, the guy who's going to get tragically stabbed, has always had it in for me," Jones added. "By the time he gets put in the hospital or killed, he will have thrown...
                                -07-12-2007, 07:46 PM
                              Working...
                              X