100% Support from this FAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 100% Support from this FAN

I've been rolling with the punches from this team for over 30 years and I'll never give up hope. The RAMS are the only NFL team I care about; there are some major changes that need to take place and it starts with ownership.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS
    :ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram:

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Comment

Viva Los Rams!!

Comment

Amen, Hallelujah, and pass the Kool-aid!
        RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
          The Rams are evolving. The Fan Base should too!
          by AvengerRam_old
          Yesterday, we learned that James Laurinaitis has a chest injury. At this point, it appears that the injury is relatively minor. However, regardless of how this plays out, I was somewhat taken aback by the knee-jerk response of several Rams fans.

Within moments of the injury report, many fans (here and on other sites), went immediately into “Chicken Little” mode – exclaiming that the sky was falling and postulating that the Rams’ interest in Ben Leber must be viewed as proof that JL’s injury is more significant than the reports indicate.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by this reaction. Years of futility and frustration has clearly impacted the fan base. Indeed, it has gotten to the point at which the term SOSAR (“Same Old Sorry A__ Rams”) is no longer a mere insult uttered by the fans of rivals, but rather is a term commonly utilized by Rams fans themselves.

My question is… shouldn’t we be moving on from that mindset?

While nobody knows exactly what the future holds, even the most pessimistic fan should feel compelled to acknowledge the positive indicators. The Rams have a new QB who was the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. They have drafted solid players, if not emerging stars, at key spots such as OT, TE, DE, MLB and CB. They have a new owner with DEEEEEEP pockets. They have a coaching staff/Front Office that seems to be truly hitting its stride. They have upgraded their roster with key free agent acquisitions. And… on the field… they went from one win in 2009 to seven in 2010.

Simply put, these are not Skip Rosenbloom’s Mother’s St. Louis Rams. This is a new team that has a lot of promise.

As fans, we should not wear blinders or… worse yet… “rose-colored glasses.” It is entirely legitimate to be concerned about the tough upcoming schedule, the inevitable loss of players to injury, and the remaining holes in the roster.

But shouldn’t that be tempered by a bit of faith? A bit of optimism? A bit of hope?

I know what some of you will say: “there goes Av again… telling fans how they should think.” Well, to those who would respond in such a manner, let me be frank.

The Rams do NOT have the most loyal fan base in all of sports. I wish they did, but they don’t. I’d like to see the fan base strive to climb that list, and I think now is the perfect time to start.
          -08-10-2011, 03:09 PM
        • NJ Ramsfan1
          Would be interested in everyone's take
          by NJ Ramsfan1
          There are no two words guaranteed to stir the pot and enrage followers of a certain team like the words "True Fan". When one's loyalty is questioned or someone accuses someone else of being "less a fan" because they don't agree with them on a variety of issues, it is the equivalent of hitting below the belt. When phrases like "See Ya", "Don't let the Door hit you in the ***", Goodbye and Good Riddance" are thrown about, it is both insulting and juvenile.

I submit to you the following scenarios:

1. A guy decides to avoid being a slave to the television each Sunday and do something constructive instead of watching bad football. He chooses to play with his kids, do yard work, go to the gym or whatever. Can he no longer call himself a Rams fan?
          2. A guy decides to cancel his NFL ticket package because he doesn't want to pay good money for the "privilege" of being ticked off during Rams football in light of their 6 wins over the past three seasons. Is he no longer a true fan?
          3. A guy with Rams season tickets decides to give his tickets away/ sell at a reduced rate and not go to the games. Is he no longer a "True Rams Fan"?
          4. A guy pays $100.00 to go see the Rams on the road. The team is down 38-0 AT THE HALF. He elects to go home with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter to resist the urge of killing idiot home fans while watching a non-effort. Is he no longer a true fan? (By the way, this was me at last yrs. Rams-Jets disaster- the worst football game this franchise has ever played).
          5. Absolutely sick to death from losing and not having anything to cheer about, a fan rips the team and/or individual players/management on this forum or elsewhere. He is more negative than positive because there is much more negative than positive happening on the field, and it is his way to vent. Is he now considered less of a fan?

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, if you answered anything other than "NO" to any of the above, you have it wrong. As far as I'm concerned, everyone on this board is a true fan for coming on here and commenting on this weekly gut ache called Rams football.

Wondering what you think-
          -11-30-2009, 04:52 PM
        • AvengerRam_old
          If you survive this year, you are truly a Rams fan.
          by AvengerRam_old
          Some of us are old-timers... fans of the team since the L.A. days.

Some are newer fans... perhaps coming on board when the Rams moved to St. Louis, or during the GSOT days.

Either way, we have now reached the ultimate test. Things have never been this bad. The Rams performance has been that of an expansion team. There is essentially a mutiny going on, with the team striking back with cuts, benchings and possibly trade threats.

If there was ever a time to expect fans to jump ship, this would be it.

Still, I doubt many will. I think those who post here will remain loyal and hope for better days. Those who do can truly call themselves Rams fans.
          -09-26-2008, 10:39 PM
        • RamOfDenmark
          Anyone seriously thought about switching teams?
          by RamOfDenmark
          Alright, this is going to be a touchy subject obviously. Many or most of us aren't from the St. Louis area so we don't have that geographical connection to the team to keep us loyal. Even for those from the St. Louis area maybe the geographical factor is not as large as you'd think. The Rams have only been in town since '95 it's not like it's a long tradition that goes back generations in each family in the area with season tickets being inherited as it is in many other cities. It also looks increasingly likely that the team will soon move on to greener pastures, it has worn out its welcome years ago and at some point management is going to want a fresh start in a new market.

So how did we end up Rams fans then? Personally I really liked what I was seeing from Vermiel, Martz, Warner, Faulk, Bruce and so on. I joined the ranks of Rams fans partially based on us winning a lot of games, but also based on the way we were playing. Gung-ho offense a never-give-up attitude and unflinching belief that even if our D sucked and we were down 20 points we could still put up 3 fast TD's and steal the game. That's the way it was, it was exciting even when we lost. As long as we were playing exciting football, competing and leaving it all in the ring I was a happy fan even if we sometimes lost games we shouldn't.

But today that's different. It's not just about us being a losing team. We've been a bad team for a few years now and I think we can all handle that (otherwise we'd have jumped ship years ago when the GSOT faded). Where it gets more serious is when it comes to ownership and management. As I said I think we can all accept to have a team that sometimes loses more than it wins, we can accept bad players, they can be replaced, there's always next year's draft right? A bad coach can be replaced quickly, as we'll soon see. But at least to me it's much harder to accept that we have an owner who doesn't give a crap and a completely incompetent set of managers in charge of the organisation. Lawyers and accountants making football decisions, friends hiring friends, no accountability at the top.

Players and coaches come and go, but owners and management can stay for decades and decades, and if they're as bad as ours they can almost assure that we will be, on average, among the bottom teams in the league and continue to make mind-boggingly stupid decisions. Sure sometimes everything comes together as it did in '99, but I'm increasingly realising what a crazy fluke that was. Ownership and management are incompetent, there is no nice way to say it but it's true. Our brief taste of success for a few seasons between the debacle of the 90's and our current situation really was a case of the blind chicken stumbling upon a corn by pure accident.

Contrast that with other succesful teams where ownership and management are working together with a strong coach and ensures success year after year, of course there are...
          -09-17-2008, 06:54 AM
        • RamWraith
          what gives you the right??
          by RamWraith
          I am curious....and don't mean ANY offense to any person. I really am looking for just reasons and what makes you tick. So if you take things personal...don't read on.

I have been watching this board close the last couple of days and who is here "lurking", reading and who is posting and how long some names stay and check back in. And let me tell you...there are a lot of names that I haven't seen in a long time. There are ones that have posted a few times in the past and then fell off the face of the earth...now you come back? What gives?? Really people....what kind of fan are you?

I just don't get so many people. Do you love the Rams or do you just look for the free ride? Why should any other fan give you respect? For that matter why should the Rams give you respect?

I just don't get it. Maybe it is just me and how passionate I am for this team. Maybe I care too much.

I just find it strange how people can turn it on and off at will.
          -01-19-2009, 04:19 PM
        Working...
        X