What is newsom's status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is newsom's status?

There appears to be confusion on newsoms status. I just read a thread indicating he was released. He was not on the list of the 11 released yesterday. He could have been released to make room for pace. If so, we only have 5 linebackers, which seems very, very short.

Could it have been a mistake. I thought we would have put kennedy on IR rather than waiving newsom, or even possbily waiving randall. By the time kennedy gets his cast off, he may weigh 450 pounds and i dont see how he could get in shape for the playoffs (i hope i am wrong about that)

thanks for the help

general counsel

Re: What is newsom's status?

Apparantly, newsom was waived today, after we claimed linebacker dedrick roper who was waived by the steelers. Mr. Roper had 10 sacks last year for Northwood, a division 2 school.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Ten days ago this guy was getting first team time ahead of Polley, now we've cut him to sign some Roper guy (insert Three's Company joke here) that the Steelers didn't want.

This sounds odd. Is there a non-minor injury I haven't heard about?
      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

In all fairness, the Roper guy was working along-side the first team Steelers defense at times as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSeiler
          In all fairness, the Roper guy was working along-side the first team Steelers defense at times as well.
          Yet, he got cut. I don't know, maybe the kid will be great, but if the Steeler's don't want him, why would we? In all honesty though, I'm pulling for him. I like these guys that go to some tiny bump-in-the-road college, and then find their way to the NFL. More power to him.

Comment

Now that we have Mr. Roper, i hear that we are looking at a cornerback from Dewitt State named Jack Tripper. Did anyone else hear that?

general counsel

Comment

I thought he was form Larry U.

Comment

Actually, further review indicates the college was Chrissy Snow State.

general counsel

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel
                  Actually, further review indicates the college was Chrissy Snow State.

general counsel
                  As a senior he had to split time with a red-shirt freshman named Furley.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
                    EJ Henderson
                    by RamWraith
                    We were close to drafting this kid but passed on him for Kennedy. He was arrested the other day here in Minnesota and sounds like him and 2 others are going to be charged with felony assult. Word has it that 2 of three might get cut from the team and the remaining player will have severe consequences from the NFL and team.

Henderson also faces DUI charges from April. This could mean Henderson is on the chopping block.

Anyone think else think Kennedy was a good choice and taking Pisa in the second was even better.
                    -06-07-2004, 10:55 AM
                  • general counsel
                    Anyone know anything about OBO status?
                    by general counsel
                    I have read nothing about OBO's status except that we are somewhere in the 21 day window where we need to activate him if we intend to do so this year. In my view, edge rusher is our biggest need, but its hard for a rookie who missed the entire season and step in to make an impact at this point. I wonder what we will do? I guess some depends on if we can trade for a guy. Not sure what roster spot he would replace (travon young?)

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
                    -10-28-2018, 07:14 PM
                  • general counsel
                    Ficken is no longer Kickin for the Rams
                    by general counsel
                    Rams waived Ficken today and signed Cairo Santos, former Chiefs kicker. At least this guy has a few years of NFL experience and should hopefully be able to make the easy ones and not kick off out of bounds.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
                    -10-02-2018, 02:57 PM
                  • general counsel
                    antonio bryant released
                    by general counsel
                    bengals released antonio bryant, who is still recovering from a knee injury and never played a game for them. They remain on the hook for the 8 million guaranteed money.

Anyone interested? I am not sure if he actually helps, especially with the knee situation as i dont think of him as a stretch the field guy, but i would LOVE to hear what the clan thinks.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                    -08-29-2010, 11:27 AM
                  • jerseyramsfan
                    If Plax Gets Released...
                    by jerseyramsfan
                    If the Giants release Plax I think hes the receiver to target. Its all speculation but I have read in other threads about his possible release. The G-men might have interest in signing Holt and if they do they will likely cut ties with Burress. The guy is tough to beat in the corner of the end zone. He will out jump just about any DB. Assuming he isn't found guilty and gets jail time. This would be very interesting to see what Spags would do.What do you think?
                    -03-05-2009, 05:32 PM
                  Working...
                  X