I can see it now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see it now...

So here we go... 17 seconds to go in the game, the Rams have the ball on the Seahawks 26 yard line... down 24-20...

And... wait... what's going on? The Rams have the field goal unit coming out on the field. Does Martz know what the score is? I can't believe this is happening again! Somebody needs to direct Martz's attention to the scoreboard! He's going to blow this game!

But they're still lining up in field goal formation. The ball is snapped to Looker and... its a fake! Looker is throwing the ball in the endzone.... Chris Massey is there!

Touchdown!!!!!!

The Rams win! The Rams win!

So that's what Martz had planned all along!

Re: I can see it now...

I am sorry, but there is no way that would happen. They wouldn't even try to block the kick, rather just be back in coverage knowing they need a TD and not 3 points to win the game.

Comment

Yeah Av, that was a lame try to defend our coach.

On one side we all agree that Martz has made some dumb calls.
      On the other side, his record speaks well for him.

Yeah, he's made some bonehead decisions and had he been smarter we MAY have done better. But ya gotta give the devil his due, he has done better than most coaches today, (but not nearly as good as that dude in Boston).

Comment

Originally posted by KCRamFan
        I am sorry, but there is no way that would happen. They wouldn't even try to block the kick, rather just be back in coverage knowing they need a TD and not 3 points to win the game.
        After this poignant observation, some smartass in the crowd might be tempted to yell out something like: "Heh, AvengingMartz. If you had saved your TOs, you might have been able to think longer on your defense of sMartz and saved yourself the embarrassment of imitiating a sMartzian brain cramp."

Comment

I guess from now on, I'll have to put this disclaimer in front of all posts of this type:

Attention: Sarcastic post to follow. Do not take this literally!

Comment

yep, I was going to suggest that AV. There is definately a lack of jovality from some posters. Oh well the seasons almost on us, maybe that will make them smile LOL

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam
              I guess from now on, I'll have to put this disclaimer in front of all posts of this type:

Attention: Sarcastic post to follow. Do not take this literally.

To which another smartass might note:

Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded. - Dostoevsky (1864)

Comment

To which, I might respond by acknowledging that I am a card-carrying smart ass (who hopes one day to be elevated to the status of wise ass).

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam

Attention: Sarcastic post to follow. Do not take this literally!
                  Shouldn't you leave off the words in red?

:tongue:

EDIT: Forgot to put add a smiley. Kidding AV, keep up the sarcasm...
                  Last edited by thoey; -09-07-2004, 01:46 PM.
                  This space for rent...

Comment

Personnaly I think its so idiotic that it might just work. You have to figure the defense would be standing around trying to figure what this moron is doing by going for 3 when you need 6. Before they know it, they're the morons and the Rams win. Yep, this might just work.

Comment

If only it were true. Unfortunately, there IS no method to Martz' madness.

Comment

um, Avenger, i hate to break it to you but Massey would be an ineligible receiver in this scenario. lol

Comment

Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded. - Dostoevsky (1864)
                          When did Avenger suddenly become modest...did I miss something?
                          Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Comment

Originally posted by tanus
                            um, Avenger, i hate to break it to you but Massey would be an ineligible receiver in this scenario. lol
                            Not necessarily. He can report as an elgible receiver, then have the line shift to where he is the last one on the line, therefore he would be elgible. Don't give up your dream, AV.

Comment

Come on poeple, have a little faith. Remember 99'? Who would have thought they would win it all. There's alot of talent on this team.

LETS GO RAMS! DAM IT! :ramlogo:
                              JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS
                              :ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram:

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
                              Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Comment

Working...
                              X