Andy King waived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy King waived

Andy King was waived today by the rams, who signed offensive guard darnell alford off the kansas city practice squad. Alford was a 6th round pick in 2000, thats all i know about him. Anyone know anything else?

King had a real opportunity this year and apparantly, in the view of the coaches, did not step up. What is interesting is that we would carry a guy for this long and then cut him loose in favor of a guy who doesnt know our system, but that is the way of the world in the NFL and i defer to the judgement on the coaches on this one.

we still need to cut a guy for the Pace spot, i am betting randall.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Re: Andy King waived

A scouting report from Lindy's Pro Football 2000:

Darnell Alford, T, Boston College
    Has had some off-field problems and doesn't always work hard ... All-conference who moves well for 335-pounder ... Huge and tough to get around ... Doesn't take care of self and not always aggressive ... A real mixed bag who needs to be pushed by coaches.

Comment

Thanks jake, you are a veritable fountain of information. Nice to see at least something on the guy. The real question is whether his jump shot is on a par with his brother, steve alford.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Well, he's been with Kansas City, so I wouldn't think he's completely foreign to the type of offense we run.

Comment

Good point nick.

should be interesting to see if king gets picked up.

general counsel

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams either added him to the practice squad or tried to get him back on the roster in the next week or so.

Comment

Word has it is that Vermeil was PO'ed at Martz for picking up this guy. It sounds like the Chiefs were forced into cutting him and were intent on picking him back up for the practice squad. Veremeil thought he would be a starter next year, or be solid if they needed him back on the team.

Comment

That is good info jason, i wonder if its paypack for 35 consecutive bliztes in a preseason game.

general counsel

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel
                  That is good info jason, i wonder if its paypack for 35 consecutive bliztes in a preseason game.
                  Just what I was thinking.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Kooshster
                    Andy King
                    by Kooshster
                    Hi everyone. I'm a Seahawks fan, so let me get out right away. I haven't come here to spam or anything, but simply to ask a question.

I noticed via KFFL that the Seahawks signed Andy King, who was up until now a Rams OG. Does anyone here know much about him? What kind of player he is, what kind of character, etc.

I ask because I can't seem to find much on him and figured someone around here was much more knowledgable than I in this arena. Can anyone fill me in?
                    -06-21-2005, 10:57 PM
                  • GroundDog39
                    King as are main nickel back. Can he improve enough to not be a weakness?
                    by GroundDog39
                    King shouldnt be playing in such a big role, with the season days away. Murphy was injured some time ago now. Spags may have expected King to be a lot better, but he has shown to be a liability, the weak link in the Rams defensive chain. To be honest, Ive never really took the time to ever watch King's play. He has not made any positive plays to my knowledge, to make me take notice. Ive noticed him a lot recently all for the wrong reasons.!
                    I like what the Rams new FO has done in improving the roster, especially when drafting defensive players. Spags speciality is DB's. Hopefully the Rams will sign someone like Joselio Hanson soon to replace King,

Im just worried the Rams will have to rely on Justin King, if the Rams miss on Hanson or another intended target for nickel, King is defo going to have to play well.? COME ON RAMS---- Lets GET IT ON.

Im already having thoughts about D.Jackson going deep on us.?
                    Apart from the above though, this is the first time in years when I have had this much confidence in the Rams.
                    -09-06-2011, 07:18 AM
                  • Nick
                    Peter King on the Rams
                    by Nick
                    From his Monday Morning QB article....
                    -10-22-2007, 11:35 PM
                  • general counsel
                    At the risk of beating a dead horse on Justin King.....
                    by general counsel
                    Rambro's, i apologize for my absence in these discussions, but i have been toiling away on a series of transactions and havent been able to particpate much on the board. To the extent this post is a duplicate (as i am sure it will be to some extent), my apologies in advance.

I think justin king had the worst quarter in the history of the nfl for a db. He allowed three td passes and got beat for another two td's if flacco is on target. I really think he was beaten for 5 tds in one quarter, a mark that is awfully hard to top.

Sign Lem Barney now! Maybe jerry gray or gary green?

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                    -09-27-2011, 05:11 PM
                  • ljcrayton
                    Does this mean that Justin King is out a job?
                    by ljcrayton
                    Cuz Gordy played an amazing game today and it seems like that is what was missing.
                    -10-30-2011, 02:37 PM
                  Working...
                  X