What about a run at Mckenzie now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about a run at Mckenzie now?

What about packaging something together for the Packers for McKenzie? Maybe this 3rd and WR or a third and fifth, or...

Re: What about a run at Mckenzie now?

Call me crazy, but I don't think we could pay McKenzie's salary. Although if given the opportunity I do think he'd be the best CB on the roster.

Comment

I think the Warner cap issue is still biting us. That's why we can't go get anyone. Yes, we dumped his salary but took a hit this year AND next year. Not sure, but I bet the cap has something to do with how handcuffed the Rams are at bringing in quality instead of quantity.

Comment

I just read that TERREL BUCKLEY was picked up off the street YESTERDAY by the freakin JETS!! Why wasnt HE brought in???
        "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Comment

The problem is McKenzie is holding out because he wants more money. I think if the Rams are going to be shelling out money, their own players (Pace) should be their priority rather than trading into a contract dispute. The fact that the Rams didn't resign Wistrom seems to suggest to me that they're not entirely receptive to the idea of shelling out unnecessarily big contracts right now.

Besides, last I heard the Packers were asking for a first round pick for McKenzie, which I wouldn't give for him. If you could get him for a second or third, maybe. But I think we could have benefitted from having our second round pick this last draft, so I'm not tempted to want to trade it away for a guy with contract problems.

Comment

We have enough problems with holdouts.

The cap situation is very tight right now and will be next year as well. We are better off addressing the DB situation in the draft next year (in addition to the o-line).

Comment

How much could BUCKLEY have cost if he was on the STREET? Most likley the same amount SEHORN was gonna cost. Wishing for someone like McKenzie is a ridiculous pipe dream...T BUCK was just OUT THERE.
              "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo Ram Fan
                How much could BUCKLEY have cost if he was on the STREET? Most likley the same amount SEHORN was gonna cost. Wishing for someone like McKenzie is a ridiculous pipe dream...T BUCK was just OUT THERE.
                Personally, I would have taken a healthy Sehorn over T-Buck. Sehorn at least spent time in our system and probably would have been a better player than he was last season if his foot was healed. It wasn't, and by the time we knew that, Buckley was already signed by the Jets.

The way I think about it is I would rather have Butler, Garrett, and Aeneas at CB in nickel packages with Sehorn playing safety than have Butler, Garrett, and Buckley at CB in nickel packages with Aeneas playing safety. But that might just be me.

Comment

For a CB I really dont see how important being in a "system" is. Sehorn was essentially USELESS and has contributed little or NOTHING to any team for like 3 years. This taken from another thread sums up the Sehorn thing for me....

Reaction around the league to the decision of the Rams to re-sign defensive back Jason Sehorn to a one-year deal has been swift, and harsh.

"Are you sh-tting me?" said one league insider after being informed of the possible acquisition. "There are guys on the street who are much better than this stiff."

Buckley is a PROVEN COMMODITY who has ZERO history of being INJURY PRONE. The guy has simply been very solid for 14 years. He could have stepped in and been BETTER than virtually any CB the Rams currently have available. This is a NO BRAINER. O well...water under the bridge. Just one step closer to the END for ol Rainy. These greenhorn DBs are gonna get eaten alive.

Comment

Disagree Fargo......Garrett won't get eaten alive. Yes, he's going to get burned a time or two, all CB's do. However, he's going to be a stud this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo Ram Fan
                      This taken from another thread sums up the Sehorn thing for me....
                      If I'm trying to make a case in an argument, the last source I'd cite is PFT. Their articles are good for laughs, nothing more.

That said, since you mentioned the last three years, let's make a comparison. Over the last three seasons, Sehorn has played in 39 games and has made 128 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, five interceptions, and 2 defensive TDs. During that span, Buckley has played in 47 games, and made 97 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, nine interceptions, and 2 defensive TDs.

Sehorn played in fewer games, had more tackles, but fewer INTs, all while having some injury problems that have affected his ability. The rest of the stats are exactly the same, yet somehow Sehorn is useless and has contributed nothing to any team during this time, but Buckley is a proven commodity and would have been our best CB?

I'm not following this logic at all.

Comment

TX seems to always put in the right call on the D-fence. We may need you as our DC next year!!! :king:

Comment

Working...
                        X