Frisco...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frisco...

Mc Cleon will need to have play a LOT better Sun. then he did vs Philly. The Whiners will stress an Owens/Mac match-up. Bly will be tested also, he can't be hot-dogging it out there, there has to make SURE tackles to stop any YACs & force incompletions. Williams should hold up OK. Wistrom being back is a big + to pressure Garcia. We should also have Fields or Fletch spy Garcia as he is a threat to run. This will be a real test for our new 'D'. I think Lovie is up to the task!

Go RAMS!!!

I totally agree. I was able to go to the San Diego game and saw the defense really shut down the run. The only glaring weakness that I have noticed the last couple of games has been McCleon. He just isn't big enough to stop these bigger receivers. I'm sure the Niners have noticed this too. Hopefully the Offense will score so often that the Rams won't have a problem

GO RAMS!!!
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

Comment

Dont forget that McCleon was one of our better defensive players last year.With us getting Williams,I think teams are now keying on Dexter and Bly.I really expect Dexter to pick up his play this week.I dont know,I've always liked this guy.I think he'll be fine.I thought Bly looked ok against the Eagles also.Overall, I feel good about our secondary.Lets see what happens Sunday.

GO RAMS!
      Last edited by Aries51; -09-21-2001, 09:24 PM.
      ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Comment

You say that you hope we score often to offset any defensive struggles. High scores is what I'd like to see also, ram3057 but we saw enough *shootouts* last year to suit me. I wanna see a dominating 'D' to go along with Warner & Co.

As for Bly, guitarboy51, He's the 'Az' of the defense. He makes ESPN's "Play's of the week", but playing the ball instead of the man gets him burned a lot. Whatever ya think, Dre & Az are exciting players

Go Rams!!!
        Last edited by stlouy; -09-22-2001, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I don't really expect the Rams to dominate of defense at least not to this point. But with Wistrom back this week it would be nice to see a more consistent pass rush. It would also be nice to see more plays out of Damione Lewis when he's in the game. I don't want to see him platooning for most of this season.....hopefully he plays well enough to force Lovie and Kollar to keep him on the field and have Zgonina and Young do the platooning.

GDive

Comment

Platooning

Young won the start @ philly over Lewis with an outstanding pre-season. I'm sure we'll see plenty of Lewis because he's, IMO, a stud. Albeit, a work in progress right now. Lovie stated he likes to keep the 'D' fresh by plenty of rotating.

Go RAMS!!!

Comment

defence

I think all of you bring up valid points,although I got a little nervous watching the game against Philly,the D looked good until the 4th quater and then let Philly back into the game only to hold on and win it in OT.Wistrom will be a factor today as will Archuletta,I really like this kid he plays with a fiery intenseness,hard to believe he is a rookie,anyway this will be a good test for our D.I will be watching and cheering so loud you'll hear me from PA all the way to SAN FRAN. GO DEM RAMS!!!!!! SUPER BOWL BOUND BABY:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Comment

I was really impressed with the LB's play against the Eagles. The Line needs more of a push this week, pressure on Garcia will be key. Hearst is not a back that will hurt is on the ground, at least I hope not. I like the way the Rams play run D, very aggressive. However, the passing game is going to be tested today. The Bly and McCleon will be counted on to play big today, I hope Williams can shut down Owens. Arch is going to be tested by fire today. He has to stay home and watch the pass. If the Rams sack Garcia 3 or more times today, they should win.

Comment

D gets another B...

As often is the case here in Portland, Oregon (much "too close" to Seattle), the Eagles Vs. Seahawks game was televised instead of the Ninies Vs. Rams. :rolleyes: Had to follow the game on radio and even the broadcast commentators were Frisco regionals / bias! :rolleyes:

Still, I believe the Rams defense did a good job of passing the so called "massive test" that this game was supposed to be. They definitely keept Owens' concentration inconsistent and Garcia's running in check as well.

It was a tough vistory, sure; but they hung in there and supported the Rams offense --which is still not fully itself (missed opportunities, penalties).

How about another B grade for the Rams D? Ok, B-...

Let's see what DodRAM and Dez saw live and in person today.

GO RAMS!!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• txramsfan
                    Deeeefense
                    by txramsfan
                    How about THAT for a topic. Those of you who have read some of my posts, know that I have been intently focused on the D side of the ball. I LOVED Sunday. The Rams Defense outplayed the so called best D in football. I don't think the Rams D needs to prove anything now. Shut down the Eagles and the Dolphins running game (whiners don't really have one), two of the best running teams in the NFL. You shut down the run (have you seen the Ravens running game lately? pathetic) and make opponents throw, the Rams corners will come back big. Take a look at Bly yesterday, he played great. As did McCleon. I don't mind Williams getting penalties, he is not used to playing on a contender. He will settle down, those penalties will not come in later. Archuleta played the pass like a vet yesterday, saw him a couple times on double teaming the deep receiver, I just about lost my voice on an incomplete pass. lol With Wistrom back providing pash rush, Ahanotu stuffing the run, Polley looking good filling in for Fields, Herring providing stability in the secondary, Jackson being a nice surprise, I just love our D. Talk about the O all we want, we do have the best O ever. I just really love our Defense. Congrats to the D, they get my game ball. Imagine, if we could hold every team to under 20 points a game,.......
                    -10-01-2001, 04:19 PM
                  • txramsfan
                    Eagles Turnovers
                    by txramsfan
                    This defense has been wreaking havoc as of late, starting with the whiners. Turnovers have been so key to the Rams success, so how many come our way this week? We get at least 2 in my view.
                    0 -1 This would not be good
                    8.33%
                    2-3 good chance of a win
                    50.00%
                    3-4 Solid chance for a trip to the Big Easy
                    37.50%
                    5 or more Book them Dano, Super Bowl here we come
                    4.17%
                    -01-21-2002, 06:31 PM
                  • RamWraith
                    Player Q & A
                    by RamWraith
                    http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/46234
                    Player Q & A
                    Wednesday, October 6, 2004

QB Marc Bulger

(On Seattle’s defense)
                    “They’re real good, they all know their responsibilities. Their linebackers hit the line pretty good and they are aggressive. Their corners are real good, and can play a lot of man and match up one-on-one. Their defensive line is really good, we all know what Grant (Wistrom) can do from his time here. All around, they don’t have any weaknesses.”

(On Seattle DE Grant Wistrom going against T Orlando Pace)
                    “Hopefully we won’t notice it. Hopefully Orlando can just do what he has been doing and neutralize him. Grant’s a good player, and I’m sure he’s going to make a few tackles. But hopefully “Big-O” can take care of him this week.”

(On his statistics)
                    “I think the offense is just playing good as a whole right now. We have to score more points, but the numbers don’t mean anything if we aren’t winning games.”

(On the offense not scoring in the second half against the *****)
                    “We only had four possessions or so in the second half. We wanted to come out and finish strong. But when you are on the road, and have that big of a lead, you don’t want to be overly aggressive and give them a way to get back in the game. It got to the point where we didn’t have to be as aggressive.”

(On the offensive line)
                    “They were doing well in the preseason. The first week or two, was a little awkward, I think, working together. But Scotty Tercero, who has been around for a couple of years now, he has worked with (the starters), and the way (Chris) Dishman played, these guys aren’t first or second year guys. These guys have played in the league for some time, and it was just a matter of them working together, then we knew they would be ok.”

(On the Rams’ running game)
                    “We had six or seven runs over 10 yards, that gets those linebackers aggressive and it opens up the play action. I think it was evident, watching Isaac (Bruce) get behind the linebackers in that big zone, that’s pretty much what you are trying to get, and it worked last week.”

(On getting a win against the Seahawks)
                    “I’m 0-1 (at Seattle). It would be nice to win there. It would be nice to win anyway. But like I said, they are supposed to win the division, they are undefeated, they have a good offense and good defense, so it will be a good test.”

DE Tyoka Jackson

(On playing against former teammate Grant Wistrom)
                    “I’m looking forward to seeing him. He is a great guy, and we have a lot of respect for him, so it will be fun seeing him. It will be a little weird seeing him in a different uniform, but I’m looking forward to it. I’m also looking forward to him going against Orlando (Pace) for four quarters, that should be fun to watch too.”

(On if the defense is still...
                    -10-07-2004, 06:40 AM
                  • UnderdogRam
                    A juicy problem-WHINER issues
                    by UnderdogRam
                    Everyone seems to be counting the Whiners out of it already. While traveling this week I picked up a couple of sports publications and like always read their predictions. Several have the Whiner finishing last in our division. As much as I would love all this to be true, I find it hard to believe that they won't be competitive with us and the rest of the league. Here are some issues to mill around. And to be honest I worry more about them the Seahags.

1) Owens is gone. He always provided a disruption to team chemistry. Not having him is more of a blow to the rest of the teams and helps the Whiners.

2) Barlow will now be the feature back. This kid has all the tools to be great. The problem was he sat behind Hearst for so many years. 1st round fantasy back in my book.

3) Some of their young receivers really impressed me this past season. They no longer are under the shadows of Owens as well

4) This Rattey kid if he gets healthy by camp will be a stud. He passes much better than Garcia and seems to make faster reads. The couple games he played last season he put up some gaudy numbers.

5) They lost very few players on their line and their defense. That means they should only get stronger much like the Rams.

My pick is they will finish better than Seahags and one game behind us, if not tied. If we look past them like much of the league is, you can bet they will take the division
                    -06-11-2004, 07:13 AM
                  • HornedHell
                    Defensive Expectations
                    by HornedHell
                    With so many new faces on the defense and with a handful of them being rookies, what is a realistic goal this D should strive for? I just cant imagine it being as bad as last year. That seemed like a total lack of effort and motivation was the cause...Should we expect a slow start where we could give up some points, or will the offense get out ahead and then the D can play more wide open and get away with making some mistakes..It will be interesting...
                    -07-29-2001, 01:27 AM
                  Working...
                  X