Would the Rams show fire if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would the Rams show fire if...

Someone threatened to kill themselves if they didn't win next Sunday?

Can this team show any intensity? Or care? If someone's life was at stake, would they care? Would they try...

In no way am I trying to be funny, because this is no laughing matter. This team is awful and my point is that we have many, many bad seeds that need to be cut. I can't see myself claiming more than 15 players on a 53 man roster to continue playing for this team. And I'm not sure if I'd even put Bulger (I think his career is over as a result of poor offensive line play, not because I don't think he was a great QB, just not anymore...) in the 15...

So, perhaps if someone's life was at stake, maybe they'd show some care for 4 quarters rather than when the game is already over. Garbage time, as so many of you have elegently put it.

We need this team sold, plain and simple.

Our season, our playoffs and Superbowl is unfortunately this offseason. If we don't make major smart, and professional changes fast, I don't think we'll be able to have a good team for another 5-10 years. I truly believe that this offseason is the time for the Rams to rebuild entirely. If we're going to spend the big bucks, it's now, this offseason.

I want to see trades, big FA acquisitions that make sense, big name draft picks that make sense and I want a new attitude to this lifeless team.

New owner, new FO, new coaches, new staff, and most importantly, new players.
    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Re: Would the Rams show fire if...

Varg, IMO this team does not have enough good players to perform in any clutch situation; life or death. They are collecting a paycheck and simply playing out the season. Many of them don't belong in the NFL and are even too slow to play in the Arena 2 league. They can't handle the current pressure of playing in the NFL. Adding life or death will only stress them beyond the point of worthlessness that they currently play at...

Comment

Ouch......

Comment

playing for life or death???...hell, the pressure would probly result in certain players' suicide..

damn that was just wrong, but what else am i supposed to come up with, im tired of this poor playing

Comment

Hey man, I understand the frustration. It seems like perhaps the fire is there (from what I read from Pisa's comments in another thread) and SFCRamFan hit the nail on the head. These guys simply aren't good enough, and it's a result from poor draft picks and other unnecessary FA signings (ex. Drew Bennett). Like I said, we need an overhaul, and this is the offseason to do that. Let's start from scratch, and when I say from scratch, I mean burning all bridges to past connections to the FO and President(s) of the team. We just need everything rebuild from square one...

Let's hope Georgia's kid does us and himself a favor.

Comment

or if players were deducted $10000 for a missed tackle, $5000 for each missed block, everyone fined $100,000 if at least 3 touchdowns were not scored, $2000 for a miscue(int, fumble,etc).

Comment

I don't think they would do any better even if some fan said that.

Incognito wouldn't understand what suicide meant.
              Bulger would still be dazed from that concussion.
              Jackson wouldn't care; as long as he sits on the bench and collects his paycheck.
              Zygmunt would probably laugh and ask someone to videotape it.
              Rosenbloom would just make sure the fan doesn't commit suicide in his stadium, so his stock wouldn't drop like a bomb.
              Saunders would listen while he tries to ineffectively draw up plays, then ask you what did you say?

This is sad.

Comment

I think we should do what blood85 said.

Thats what we did for soccer. Instead of money, it was knees to the chest.

Trust me, it got a high school soccer team playing their butts off to avoid the knees. These professionals should play their butts off to keep their money.

Comment

All sports should be paid on the incentive program!!!!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamsInfiniti
                    And when the smoke finally settles ....
                    by RamsInfiniti
                    What are we going to see from this Ram's team?

I guess this is a pre-camp prognosis of some sort. I typically try to look at the season each year, and I usually come up with a semi-inflated, overhyped outlook of the Rams. This is simply because I love the Rams. You always make things you love out to be better than they actually are ...

Well, with this new, and improved, version of the Rams, I don't feel like I can make an accurate assessment. Honestly, I think this team can end up with anywhere from 4 to 10 wins. And there are a variety of reasons I believe this ...

First, I've indicated time and time again that I am a firm supported of the theory that there is not much gap in talent from team to team across the NFL. When we talk about talent, we talk about the physical and mental ability of players to be successful and make plays. Just because a player has talent does not mean he will be successful in the NFL, it simply means he has a shot. There is a reason there is an NFL combine each year. It is to see which players can physically, and to some extent mentally, cut it in the NFL. From team to team, across the board, the talent is pretty similar ...

What distinguishes how the talent translates on the field? Well, in the short term you have to look at experience, morale, the "system", the coaches. In the long term, you have to look at how well such players adapt to change, how versatile they are, whether they can stay healthy, whether they are content with where they are, who they are, and who they might be ...

So what are the major problems with the Rams of 2009? Simply lack of inexperience from my point of view, at least at most positions. Lack of morale at others ...

Look at what we have. A new upbeat coaching staff with a vision of a modern WCO and physical defense. A QB that is smart and accurate, a protypical freak of a RB, quick, agile fresh WR's, an established TE, a strong young offensive and defensive line, hungry young linebackers, world class speed and nice size in the secondary ...

So what's the problem? A QB lacking morale after the beating he has taken, injuries to that chisled freak of a running back, questionable depth behind him, WR's with little or no experience, no proven depth at TE, an offensive line that will be learning one another, undersized defensive line that will have to learn to be creative to take advantage of opportunities, only one proven linebacker, and defensives back that have tons of talent but all seem to be missing "it" with the exception of Bartell and Atogwe (wait to see on Butler) ...

So, what does this mean? The talent is there, no doubt in my mind. So what does this coaching staff have to do? It's three-fold in my opinion ...

1. Make the players forget - Make them forget they are losers, start them off on a level playing field. Get them...
                    -07-29-2009, 10:35 AM
                  • theodus69
                    I will weigh in now!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    by theodus69
                    I love this team. But like my kids , I will scold them too. This is a bad team. Bad contracts are gonna kill this team. If you are happy with great #'s by jack and Bulger except in the redzone. Well expect to keep losing. This is a very very bad team. I hope 0-16 isn't a possiblity, but oh it might become reality. Kurt.........Where are you. You were cast away when the line was at it's worst, but you were the blame.Not like the goldenboy or should I say the rotten egg, but hang in there kid. the rams organization will see what they gave u up for...............Nothing. that's gotta hurt!!!!!!!Faulk, why there was any contraversy between u and [email protected]$$0n. you will always be ten teirs above him. it's great to see the disabled FO let go of the disabled that play better than the crap they put all their money on. this is a time for rebuilding. Don't blame anyone . the FO, bad deals & players and bad coaching jobs, that's just a cop out. Just blame your TV screen.It's electronic not human!!!!!!
                    -09-14-2008, 02:59 AM
                  • AvengerRam
                    Is Waufle awful... or is it me?
                    by AvengerRam
                    When I watch Hard Knocks, I cringe every time that Mike Waufle is featured. They guy comes across as a foul-mouthed, borderline abusive, wanna-be drill sergeant. He alone gives the show its TV-MA rating.

As a 48 year old who has spent his adult life working in professional offices, I don't get this method of motivating people. I would never use such a method, and if it were ever used with me, my only reaction would be to update my resume and start looking for a new job.

That said... I'm not sure I'm qualified to evaluate whether this method might be effective. I've never played organized football, and I certainly don't claim know what makes 20something professional athletes tick. Perhaps Waufle's fear/intimidation approach is what these guys need after growing up on a pedestal. Perhaps the biggest impediment to success on the field is complacency, and Waufle's method is on point.

Ultimately, as a fan, I'd have to say that this part of Hard Knocks does not resonate with me. I like having insight into the team's preparations, but maybe this is too "inside" for my taste. I'd liken it to a Food Network show displaying the slaughtering of a cow in addition to the cooking of the steak.

I'm curious how others react to this part of the show. Maybe I'm on an island on this one. Maybe not....
                    -08-24-2016, 08:06 AM
                  • BrokenWing
                    A Dark Road
                    by BrokenWing
                    Just the other day I was talking to my girlfriend like I am want to do and I mentioned the number of UNC (where she goes to college) players on the Rams and she eventually said I might need to start looking for a new team to follow if they don't start winning soon. I of course dismissed such notions out of hand, not for me the bandwagon fan.

For awhile, I put thoughts of the Rams aside and focused on other hobbies I have, like painting and putting together my numerous Warhammer 40k armies, coming up with new ideas for my novel and working on various other fictional projects I have going. Today, however, I was driving my mustang and thinking about how my parents were driving me insane today with all their phone calls and indecision and some how, I got to thinking about the Rams again. This time I looked at it from a fresh perspective not colored by my general displeasure with Sunday's game. I came to some conclusions about what the Rams must do going forward, putting my analytical skills as a Historian to use in the process to try and come to a conclusion not colored by emotion or team loyalty.

First:

What is going on?

For awhile this season I have thought that perhaps it really was injuries, short off-season and so on. Perhaps we just don't have enough high quality players or maybe it was the Coaching Staff. Then, I read an article on NFL.com that told me Chris Long, of all people, was talking about how "embarrassing" their run defense had been on Sunday. When is the last time Chris Long spoke out like that? Do you remember the last time Ram players started to speak out (Remember Steven Jackson's comment earlier this season)?

I remember. It was the last year of Scott Linehan, it was the year of the eye rolls and the shrugs, the year the Coach lost the players. Has Spags lost his players? I think he's starting to. I think it started with Steven Jackson and I don't think it's going to get better. I can present no smoking gun evidence in this matter, but I can simply point you back in time and remind you of what has transpired before and what has been said of late.

Do I believe we lack the quality players to compete? No. I look to the Bills and Bengals as evidence of this. Both of these teams are playing competitive football with only a few good men. Do the Rams have a few good men? Yes they do, they have Bradford, Steven Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, Chris Long and JL. Are they missing pieces? Certainly, but the same can clearly be said of the two teams I mentioned above. So what's the difference? I would suggest coaching. I think the biggest difference is that this Coach has lost his players and those two coaches have not.

Second:

How do you move forward?

I have seen people suggest blowing up the team. I think you wait for the year to end before making that decision. If that decision is made however, I suggest keeping Bradford...
                    -10-24-2011, 02:46 PM
                  • viper
                    Alas..the sky is falling once again
                    by viper
                    It never ceases to amaze me, how quickly my fellow Ram's fans will turn on thier team, their players and their coach. The clouds of "doom and gloom" lye low above the legion once again. Again the naysayers have their day, to lay their spew upon the feet of the horns.

Ohhhh no, we've lost to the lowly dirty birds, Ohhh no, we've lost 6 out of the last 7 games, Ohh no, our captain has spoke out to the media about a few of his undisciplined guardians, possibly upsetting a few teammates, Oh no, our coach won't take responsibility and demand accountability from his youthful squires on the front lines, let alone the team as a whole.

Granted, the legion has seen better days. But, why is it that the masses choose to dwell on the "darker side" of things rather the hope of a brighter day to come. Is there not a chance, a hope that a brighter day shall dawn as a result of the upcoming offseason. This season is lost, no doubt. Who can say that this was not a distinct possibility, considering that we would be brandishing a new head coach, a new defensive coordinator, new offensive and defensive schemes, new free agents, untested rookies and a decimated offensive line. Add to that a previously dysfunctional run defense, pass defense and special teams for the last several years and what do you get? The "2006 St. Louis Rams!" Hooray! We got exactly what we "should have" expected. Or at least considered the possibility that it could be a tough year. Well guess what, it has turned out to be a "tough year." A downright bleak season.

But, ya know what, believe it or not, there has been improvement over last year. Our special teams have improved significantly in punting, coverage and returns. Our defense, is doing better in the turnover battle, our pass defense is improved and as hard as it may be to believe we do seem to be better at keeping opponents from scoring on us as much.

Its easy to throw fuel on the fire proclaiming how terrible things are when the going gets tough. The question is where are you when your team needs your support? Anybody can belittle a losing team...and their is no question we are losing right now. But, in doing so, are you any better than the opposing team's fans that come to diss on your team. I haven't seen too many "positive" threads lately about our team that make me feel like this is the Rams home.

I, personally, have unwavering faith in the positve attributes of the Rams! I choose not to wallow in the ever increasing muck and mire that seems to be prevalent around here lately. I agree that we are not where we want to be...far from it. But, I'm not going to participate in any "hanging" or "slop" parties or anything of the like.

Why can't we focus on the good things about our team or future prospects. Maybe that means a higher draft pick next year or a few well scouted free...
                    -12-05-2006, 10:53 PM
                  Working...
                  X