Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF you wanted to get rid of Bulger, how do u do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF you wanted to get rid of Bulger, how do u do it?

Please don't enter this thread to complain about another Bulger thread. Some people here don't like Bulger and they've got just as much right to post here as anyone else. Soo, I'm interested.

How do you get rid of Bulger?

Re: IF you wanted to get rid of Bulger, how do u do it?

Hire a qb with good enough talent, skill and potential to lead the franchise because if any qb gets hired, they will know the situation the rams have been in qb wise and know theyve been hired for a reason..with that said whoever comes should expect to be the "GO TO" guy, this should put a fire under bulger saying "you dont gotta leave the team, but you might not be startin either"..that easy, nothing too complicated not really any need to get rid of bulger but more just letting him know its time for a change..
    I think he'd make a damn good backup behind a healthy, good qb since it looks like he plays much better as someone under the radar..

Comment

First off this team is an absolute tear down. The strategy should be to take the best available player in the draft, and get the best available free agents they can afford, regardless of position (for the most part).

Start bringing in guys who can dominate. If there's a QB, great, if not, keep Bulger for now and build around him.

Secondly, there had better a claus in the Bulger contract like Warner's, where after next year or so, he is owed a big bonus that we can decide to cut him prior to paying that and save something out this waste of 65 million dollars.

If not, then we'll be at the bottom fo the league until around 2015.

Comment

Well, honestly, you can't just "get rid of him" now.

You can bring in his replacement. But getting rid of Bulger will be near impossible. He's got a huge salary here. If we cut him, it'll hurt the organization to continue to build this team.

We need to stick with him. Atleast for next year.

We can draft a QB this year. But in the later rounds. We need to build this team, and like it or not (to some of you) Bulger will be a part of the rebuilding process for next year.

If Bulger stinks it up, bench him. We can't do that now because our back ups are worse than he is.

But if we have a 5th round QB that we draft this year, we could plug him in and let him learn.

Comment

Well, I say look for a franchise QB in thr later rounds and let Bulger earn his money and by the time the kid is ready , Bulger will be on the way out!!!!!!

Comment

Trade him to San Francisco so we can have two former starters beating us twice a year.:o

Comment

Originally posted by PeoriaRam View Post
              Trade him to San Francisco so we can have two former starters beating us twice a year.:o
              yeah exactly, we all know he would come back to play against us and blow the roof off the dome!

Comment

Draft a QB, let MB prove himself for 4 games in 09, and then insert rookie QB. Simple.

Comment

Trade him, take the salary hit and move on.
                  "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

Originally posted by MoonJoe View Post
                    Trade him, take the salary hit and move on.
                    Glad you're not working in the front office.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTalkOfTheArch View Post
                      How do you get rid of Bulger?
                      They don't, until at least 2010. The cap hit from moving Bulger in 2009, per Howard Balzer, is a whopping $11 million. That's probably about a tenth of our total cap allotment for the season. Good luck making meaningful strides to improve your ball club with that kind of hit on the books.

If the Rams want to phase out Marc Bulger, then they need to find a young quarterback who can take over as the full-time starter no earlier than 2010. Perhaps that individual starts a few games at the end of 2009, but Bulger is going to be here through next season. It's a financial fact, unless this team wants to go into full-blown uncompetitive rebuilding mode.

Anyways, finding that young QB to groom is the only way the Rams move on from Bulger. They can do it in the mid-rounds of the draft, because not only does a mid-round QB not even remotely break the bank, but the expectation with a mid-round QB is that he'll need a while. Taking a QB in the first round adds a large contract on top of Bulger's already big deal, further hindering our ability to sign other talent, but there is also the expectation that the first-round guy you signed needs to be on the field.

We don't want to make the mistake of rushing our QB of the future onto the field when he's not ready and, in the process, exposing him to the kind of beating that has helped contribute to Marc's regression.

Comment

Bulger will be on the Rams' roster in 2009.

Bulger will probably be the Rams' opening day starter at QB in 2009.

Whether Bulger is the Rams' starter by the end of 2009 is an open question.

Whether he is the starter in 2010 is an even more open question.

As Nick and others have said, though, there are two thoughts you can put out of your mind.

1. He won't be cut. Too much of a cap hit to not even keep him as a backup.

2. He won't be traded. With his recent play and contract his trade value is virtually nonexistent (remember, the Jets could not find a trade partner for Pennington, and had to release him).

Comment

Basically you can't. We are forced to either trade for a young guy or draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round. If Bulger fails he rides the pine in favor for the young guy.

Comment

The smart way....wait to 2010.

Comment

what is the advantage to the cap hit in 2010?

Someone please post his cap counts for the next few years.

Comment