Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isaac Bruce-Does he look like he is aging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isaac Bruce-Does he look like he is aging?

A plethora of preseason previews noted that rev. ike's best days were behind him, that he was showing his age. Did he look old to anyone today? Granted its arizona, but i continue to contend that if the opponents are going to double cover holt, all bulger has to do is look at Ike and he will be open on almost every play. There is practically no one in the league that will cover him one on one without clutching and grabbing, and certainly no number 2 corner.

Ramming speed to all and long live Bruuuuuuuce!

Sign the Big Man

general counsel

Re: Isaac Bruce-Does he look like he is aging?

Bruuuuuuuuce! ...is right! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by RealRam
      Bruuuuuuuuce! ...is right! ;)

Bruuuuuuuuce!
      Last edited by ramsbruce; -09-12-2004, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I would be happy if Bulger would just look at his check down when Holt is double covered.

Reborn

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn
          I would be happy if Bulger would just look at his check down when Holt is double covered.
          I'd be even happier if MB would look to the flat for Faulk more than once a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn

Reborn
            I really hate to say it, but Bulger is still locking on his receiver at times. He did find Bruce a little better this game, but he's still ignoring the flats. If he can get past that, Bruce & Faulk both will have banner years.
            The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

He can stay as long as he wants. Most underrated WR in the league.

Comment

Bruce is money. Still great over the middle, on the sideline, in the endzone. Best route runner in the NFL and showing NO signs of slowing down.

Comment

Well well, Bulger still can't seem to look at more than 1 1/2 receivers. Oh but i'm sure the golden boy will get better. Had a whole season to work on it last year.......No wait he didn't start the fist game and Warner was on his back all year, My msitake ,I forgot. Bruce is still my favorite WR on this team.And damn did he look good. The cards are the bottom of the Barrell ,but Until this offense can open up( w/ bulger it'll never happen) This team is goona struggle every week. And don't give me that " it's the first game crap" either. It's the cards---It don't get much lower than that!!!!!

Comment

I love how GC starts a thread praising Bruce, and some of you just can't ignore the opportunity to criticize Bulger. You people are really freakin' unbelievable.

Back to the actual TOPIC, Bruce had a great game, and I think one of the best things that's going to come from that performance is that teams will have to think twice about concentrating on Holt and leaving Bruce in single coverage.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• general counsel
                      bulger was better than holt
                      by general counsel
                      I think bulger was better than holt today. I dont see why when bulger throws great balls, the receivers get all the credit and when bulger is off, he gets all the blame. Timing is a two way street. Did holt have a great game today? Sure. He was one on one against third and fourth string corners, inlcuding a guy (matt ware) who was picked up off waivers. IF a pro bowl guy cant have a great game against that type of competition, we really have something to worry about.

I am upset by holts bonehead retaliation headbut in the endzone that was a terrible, terrible mental error that cost us a first and goal on the one. Bulgers fumble, horrible as it was, was at least a physical error and i agree with barry waller, i have no idea why linehan called a play to hand the ball off to hedgecock for his first carry of the year with the game on the line. The snap was fine, the interaction between bulger and hedgecock wasnt, and i dont know whose fault that really was. Holts mental error should never ever happen from a pro bowler.

Bulger didnt have his best day, but he threw some fanstastic balls, including one down the sideline to bruce which was perfectly on target.

Lets all give marc some credit please. The qb is like the president, he typically gets too much credit and too much blame. In the rams case, many people on this board give him plenty of blame, but not plenty of credit.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
                      -09-25-2006, 12:40 AM
                      Should Holt have caught the pass against Carolina?
                      by Guest
                      This topic has been bounced around a bit on various threads but to my knowledge, has not been addressed directly by the group during the off season as a stand alone topic. I bring this up in part in the context of the recent threat comparing the great rams receiving tandems of all time.

I admit that i can not watch any replays from the carolina game. within 45 seconds of the end of the game i ripped up and threw into the garbage my vcr tape of the game and refused to watch the highlights. Far too depressing.

However, for what it is worth and out of the dark part of my memory, here is what i remember. The play was set up beautifully. It was a perfect call by martz and a nice enough play fake by bulger. I thought Holt was about as open as a receiver ever gets without the db actually falling down. I thought he had 2 to 3 steps. The ball was clearly not on target. i thought Holt had it and was going in for a TD. I really thought he should have had it, even if he had to turn around and slow up just to catch the ball rather than catch it on the dead run to try and carry it in for the td.

At first, i thought he blew an easy catch, at least a catch that should be a catch that an all pro makes under those game conditions. I remember seeing the replay in the heat of the moment and thinking to myself that the cactch was harder than i first thought and that the throw was really lousy and that he should have made sure he caught it, given the game situation, without trying to make the perfect play by running it in.

Call me biased, but i still think isaac bruce makes that catch, even if he doesnt run it in.

Please give me your thoughts on the play. Should Holt have made the catch. Should he have slowed down and turned to be sure he caught it rather than trying to run it in?

Obviously, that was a critical play in the game. No way to know if it changes the result, but many of us can be very harsh regarding martz' play calling. You do have to give him credit when he deserves it, and you have to admit that was a perfect call at a critical time and the execution just didnt get it done.

This thread it about holt. I think it states the obvious that when bulger has a reciever open by 5 feet for an obvious td without a pass rush in his face with the game on the line he HAS to throw a much more accurate ball. if anyone feels differently on that, lets talk about that as well.

Ramming speed to all

Sign the Big Man

general counsel
                      -07-01-2004, 09:37 PM
                    • VegasRam
                      What impressed me the most...
                      by VegasRam
                      ...were the two plays that put us ahead, for a couple of reasons.

That catch that Bruce made was impressive. The ball was thrown hard, and it looked to me like Bruce caught it by the BACK third of the football. (Not to mention Bulger's roll-out).

Next came Bulger's conversion to Bruce. Guys, that ball came out of NOWHERE! The man really does have the quickest release in the NFL.

Great game to watch, and I'm going to follow Williams' stats this year. He made us look bad, but I think he'll continue that trend with other teams.

Jackson's hurdle of Bly was classic.

Is it me, or did Bulger step up into the pocket a LOT more last Sunday?
                      -10-03-2006, 09:42 AM
                    • general counsel
                      isaac holt
                      by general counsel
                      phil simms had two different isaac holt references last night. Ian eagle had one, but he corrected himself.

What a couple of maroons.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                      -08-19-2007, 04:50 PM
                    • general counsel
                      bright spots from yesterday
                      by general counsel
                      Bulger is terrific. I defy anyone to debate this point. Given any kind of time, he is accurate, sees the field, more mobile in the pocket than given credit for and has a good arm. He has plenty of guts standing in there as well. We have lots of problems, he isnt one of them

Kevin Curtis. The guy really can play. Idiot comment of the year by an announcer, neil o donnell on curtis "hes not a speed guy, but he uses his moves nicely" Odonnell also stated bruce was our fastest receiver.

Isaac Bruce. Who knows what the future holds, but the long td to bruce was a thing of beauty.

David Allen I thought he looked energetic on the returns.

Brandon Green. I continue to be impressed, he seems to make plays.

Bartell and chris johnson I thought they did ok considering the circumstances. Didnt give up real big plays and given that there was no pass rush of any kind, they both showed promised and some physicality. I am not saying that they were all pros only that there is a future with these guys if we can get some pressure on the qb.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                      -11-21-2005, 07:55 AM
                    Working...
                    X