Observation on the 'Tards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observation on the 'Tards

OK, I know the Cardinals are not very talented, but I will say this. Green has them playing some inspiring football. I am not a big Denny fan, but you have to admit he has had success. He had the boys playing some pretty good fundamental football, with little mistakes. I really believe that Denny thought he could come away with a win by allowing the Rams to beat themselves. He thought if he played conservative and mistake free football eventually the Rams high risk style would beat themselves. A good plan in my book.

All in all, I do believe the 'Tards will be better this year and win some games. They still are lacking a lot of talent, but that will come. I am glad we were able to come out with a win. Bring on the Falcons!!

Re: Observation on the 'Tards

In another year or two, the NFC West will be a 3-team race. The simple fact is on paper, the Rams are far superior on both sides of the ball to the birds. Yet, they managed to keep the game to 7 and even had the lead after 3 quarters. They will get better and they will be something we and the Seahawks will have to deal with in the future.

Having said that, they stood no chance Sunday. Our biggest threat to victory came from within. We've got to cutdown on the mistakes, both physical and mental. If we manage to do that, there is no team in this league that can shut us down for 4 quarters.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

agree HUb--I think this is the case the last 5 years. The only team that can beat the Ram are the Rams. Look back on our loses over the last few years and you will notice a trend. We lost because of STUPID mistakes. Not being out played or the lack of talent, but the lack of a brain. Whether the issues are with Martz or a player or two, it was the Rams that beat the Rams.

Comment

I thought it was very cool to see Larry Fitz pumping up his teamates and already appearing as a leader on this team. He is going to be something very special, and I think that he is a perfect example of the attitude Green has instilled in his players. Yes, we are young and maybe not as talented as our opponents, but that doesn't mean we can't win the game.

Quietly, I'm hoping this team has a good year, just not against us. And especially against the Seachickens.

Comment

The Cardinals hiring of Green is right up there with the Bengals hiring Marvin Lewis. It's a smart move and should make a sorry a$$ team much, much better.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• rNemesis
            I dont see how a team could be so bad....
            by rNemesis
            YEt be better than our Rams.

I mean I just dont get what it takes to win in this league man. I am just tired of hearing the SAME OLD RAMS talk from all these so called analysts and experts and whoever else. Whenever we are playing a great or good team, we never get the pick , and probably rightfully so. But whenever we play a bad team, no matter what their record is now, was then, or what they predict it to be this year, its like they always pick us to lose. I dont see how a team could lose 12 games a year yet be "better than us"

I dont see how a team could be 2-14 yet be " better than us"

I MEAN COME ON GUYS!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!! BULLISH!!!! You cannot sit here and tell me that EVERY team in the league is "LEAPS AND BOUNDS" ahead of us and that " they only need a couple of pieces" yet " we have so many gaping holes'

Let me tell you what I have been doing the past 3 painful years. I have been watching closely ( and understanding) what it takes to win in this league. I have watch us play every team in the NFL over that period, I think. And at some point you have to wonder " OK, when is this losing going to stop"? We have played everyone from the Colts and Saints straight down to the Lions and Chiefs. SO you sit and wonder after every loss if you are ever going to win because you see all the mistakes you make and all of the lack of impact players. Now all that is pretty much addressed, aside from a couple more positions, we have some good players on this team and we have STILL NOT won a game? BULLISH!!!

NOW think about THAT my friends!! Think about why some other teams "suck" yet they can find a way to win some games. Why cant we?

Biggest question I have ever tried to find the answer to, and probably also the most annoying. Dont tell me its because we have too many holes.
            -09-17-2010, 01:56 PM
          • MauiRam
            What Fortywhiners Fans are saying .
            by MauiRam
            > No possible way this team travels on a short week to the Rams to win. We complete 2 passes in a half on offense. This is not an NFL offense. It's clear the defense has also dropped off. We can't stop anybody anymore. Plus the read option is worthless this year. All the WR's and TE's are hurt. Coaching and play calling are questionable. Forget the division. That's done. It's the Seahawks. Forget the wild card. I don't think we are making the playoffs. We will get a high draft pick.

> Our read option has done nothing but HURT our REAL run game.... Unless we go back to what worked in 2011, we will lose.

> I expect 1-3 to be honest. No confidence in this team until Harbaugh and Roman admit the pistol read-option does not give us the best chance to win anymore. We need to go back to the type of football that's proven to be successful for the last several decades.

> A short week + travel + the Rams have our # + their stadium + the way our offense is playing. We aren't winning that game. I'd be surprised if it's close.

> Final score: 2 - 0 Rams.

> It's obvious we don't have deep threats right now. Instead of the deep ball, why not primarily run the ball, and when necessary, go to short passes and rely on YAC? I've read that the Rams' secondary is suspect to put it mildly.

> Another loss coming our way. Actually make it 2 more, our next win might not happen until the Cards game. Right now, we are just too out of sync plus our mental game and confidence is to totally shattered.

> I'm glad it's a short week, I don't know if I could wait till Sunday to get this taste out of my mouth.

> Our passing offense is primarily Boldin, VD and Crabtree at full strength. Two out of those three are out, so we are running at 33%. Meanwhile, sure, why not give the others a chance...what is there to lose anyways. Better to have tried and lost than not try at all. There is something obviously/seriously wrong with the team right now...the ***** are not supposed to lose by these large margins. The coaching has to be questioned, everything has to be questioned before it's too late to change anything. We have a Coach of the year, Executive of the year, and an owner who has a lot of common sense. That's the only thing going for the team right now.

> The Ram's passrush will eat us alive.

> I don't understand the gameplan and offensive play calling the last 2 weeks. We have no WRs that can get open right now and yet we keep calling passing plays even though we were built as a run first team and had our best success the last 2 yrs on Gore's back. Harbaugh and Roman need to get their head outta their a**es and get back to running the ball and stop with the gimmicky read option BS

> The Rams suck. Their offense is so bland... I swear it's from the 1970's. Sam Bradford is Captain Checkdown...
            -09-25-2013, 11:30 AM
          • StRams
            Excuses?
            by StRams
            Ok, heres my take on the loss.

First and foremost...I hated it...it made me sick, especially since we were about 10 yards from tying it up at least.

Should we ever have been in that position..NO. But alas we were.

Ok heres my reasons, excuses, rationale...ect.

1. OVER CONFIDENCE: On the road first game, against a division rival. You can look at this both ways, but I do believe that both teams were up for this game..however, I think its a bit easier to believe that We (the Rams) were a bit over-confident coming in that this should be a win. The 9ers had something to prove...A bit of over achieving perhaps..and a bit of underestimating on our part.

2. PREPERATION: The 9ers had all sorts of tape to watch on us...basically other then jackson, we havnt changed our stripes year after year..same ole Rams...hard to prepare for, but at least San Fran new what to expect.

We on the other hand had nothing to prepare for. 1st games of the season are hard like that, becuase you dont know what to expect..Niners are basically a different team then last year..new Def...new personel...I think we were at a major disadvantage in that regard.

3. 3-4 DEFENSE:..This mixed in with the 4-3 at times to keep us off balance stymied(sp) us, and always has...Martz needs to play call better against this...but again (see above) hard to prepare when you dont really know what your opponent is capable of.

4. SPECIAL TEAMS: Dont know what to say other then...they are poor poor poor. Take away that punt return, and we win..or at the very least its a different ball game.

Im sure there are other reasons, I dont think any team in the NFL is as bad, or as good as everyone thinks...Circumstances and various other factors combine to equal wins and losses every week. Hopefully this is a wakeup call...we will adjust , we will be better prepared for the Cards...and we will go on to have a good season.

There were as many +'s as -'s yesterday, and we can hopefully build on those...and work to remedy the bad.

Common guys, as much as we hate to admit it..Its the 9ers on the road, 1st game...To me it had all the makings of an upset. How many times in the past have we snuck up on the 9ers when we sucked...maybe nmot wins, but gave them hard games.

I'm going to take this one with a grain of salt...not worried (yet).

GO RAMS!
            -09-12-2005, 06:43 AM
          • RamsFanSam
            Less than 3 hours to kickoff
            by RamsFanSam
            And I still have concerns about this game. Don't get me wrong, we will win, but it will be a nail biter.It is still early in the season, we could still go 15-1 (I wish), but there are things that keep nagging me, and I don't just mean Tawn.
            What's bothering me about this game is:
            Since Detroit, we have won two games, lost another. We played well, but didn't dominate. For some reason, teams don't feel scared of the Rams unless we completely dominate our opponents. I know it's a small thing, but the psychological aspect of the game is still important. Other teams need to fear us...not just a little, but enough to make the other teams wet themselves in cowardice when they see the Rams come on the field.
            Our offense is there...putting up the yards, the first downs, but not getting past the red zone. A lot of teams have the same troubles. It's not a lack of talent or desire, but for some reason, our opponents are able to read our plays better than they should. We have the manpower, the skill, and the coach to come up with the ideas. Yet, somewhere, the whole thing is breaking down. I'm not 100% convinced of this, but I think today we will see the beginning of the end to our red zone problems. Why? Well, one sore spot in the whole thing was the RT. Jackson could singlehandedly plow thru 5 or 6 defenders to score...but he needs blocks to open up holes. And, since there have been several comments made by Martz and some players concerning Barron, I wouldn't doubt that he may be on the field at some point today.
            Our Defense has come a long way since last year. Little has his groove back. Arch doesn't seem apprehensive to make a big play. Coakley, Clairborne and the rest of the guys are playing seriously. Our weakest point is in the back...but they are even doing a decent job. Our defense is, for the first time in a couple of years, above average. Problem is, they can't do it alone. They need our offense to put up some TD's so we can win.
            Special teams is better, too. Before anyone goes and starts saying they are still not making the big plays, look at it like this....are they making the stupid mistakes like last year, or are they finally getting the idea of holding on to the ball? Even if they are only average, it is still an improvement.
            So why am I really concerned? It is a home game. The Rams might come onto the field with the wrong attitude...the attitude that they will win since it is in the EJD. They need to get the attitude that they will win because they are the better team and will earn the win. The old guys...Pace, Faulk, Arch, Bulger...they know this. The younger ones might not.
            I see a Rams win....a hard fought, close win. This game will be good for us. It will reinforce what we learned in SF...no matter how good the numbers, every one on the field must give 100% and score some points to get the W.
            -09-25-2005, 07:36 AM
          • shortman1984
            About this loss
            by shortman1984
            It makes me mad when everyone talks about how bad the niners are. Yeah they only won 2 games last year but they had a lot of injuries last year..and Rattay is not a bad QB .. does everyone remember when he had 3 straight games with a QB rating of atleast 100 2 years ago.. Yeah they arent the greatest team but this is week one. No one knows how good a team really is. I think the next game will be different.. If we score TD's instead of FG's. then we will win. But this season is far from over..
            -09-13-2005, 06:28 PM
          Working...
          X