Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what gives you the right??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • what gives you the right??

    I am curious....and don't mean ANY offense to any person. I really am looking for just reasons and what makes you tick. So if you take things personal...don't read on.

    I have been watching this board close the last couple of days and who is here "lurking", reading and who is posting and how long some names stay and check back in. And let me tell you...there are a lot of names that I haven't seen in a long time. There are ones that have posted a few times in the past and then fell off the face of the earth...now you come back? What gives?? Really people....what kind of fan are you?

    I just don't get so many people. Do you love the Rams or do you just look for the free ride? Why should any other fan give you respect? For that matter why should the Rams give you respect?

    I just don't get it. Maybe it is just me and how passionate I am for this team. Maybe I care too much.

    I just find it strange how people can turn it on and off at will.

  • #2
    Re: what gives you the right??

    Are you referring to me?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: what gives you the right??

      I've been in Guam hunting treesnakes. The little serpent *******s are hard to find when you're colorblind.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: what gives you the right??

        Not referring to ANYONE.

        I am referring to the fan that leaves in the 4th quarter. I am referring to the fan that turns on the Rams game when they are 9 and 2. I am referring to the fan that buys the ticket after the Super Bowl. I am referring to the fan that comes when we make a big free agent signing. I am referring to the fan that comes when we lose just to complain. I am referring the fan that comes to "just get the news"...

        I am just trying to understand. Why are Packer, Browns and Cowboy fans so die hard?? Why are Ram fans like Viking fans?? Why can't we be like them??

        Maybe being a "fan" is not the right word for you....maybe we need to come up with a new word for the fan that is looking for a free ride. Something like "freeloader" or "spoiled". Makes me wonder how successful you are at other things. Like relationships or your job or managing time. Too me it all goes hand in hand. Either you are or you aren't ...there is no middle ground.


        Originally posted by RamsFan16 View Post
        Are you referring to me?
        Last edited by RamWraith; -01-19-2009, 04:57 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: what gives you the right??

          Originally posted by RamWraith View Post
          I am curious....and don't mean ANY offense to any person. I really am looking for just reasons and what makes you tick. So if you take things personal...don't read on.

          I have been watching this board close the last couple of days and who is here "lurking", reading and who is posting and how long some names stay and check back in. And let me tell you...there are a lot of names that I haven't seen in a long time. There are ones that have posted a few times in the past and then fell off the face of the earth...now you come back? What gives?? Really people....what kind of fan are you?

          I just don't get so many people. Do you love the Rams or do you just look for the free ride? Why should any other fan give you respect? For that matter why should the Rams give you respect?

          I just don't get it. Maybe it is just me and how passionate I am for this team. Maybe I care too much.

          I just find it strange how people can turn it on and off at will.
          The Rams are truly in my blood, as I believe they are in many of you. I can't turn it off, ever. I can't turn the games off, ever ...

          On my recent "vacation" I had from the board, I was absolutely miserable not being able to post. I love being here ...

          A really great post, and I feel the same way. I don't understand how people just come and go if they don't have reasons, such as being away with work or personal issues ...

          I try to absorb as much Rams as I can. This site is alot of it ...

          I live in Alabama, I have a PSL, I can't make many games, and I lose money on tickets. Maybe I'm stupid, but I am proud to be a PSL holder, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE going to games at the EJD ...

          Amazing how the season ends, we get a new coach, new hope, and many, MANY, new members appear, isn't it?

          With Spags aboard, looks like a bigger bandwagoner than ever ...

          Oh well, let it fill I guess, but when you feel like your opinions aren't heard, or people don't care about you, don't seem surprised ....
          Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -01-19-2009, 04:45 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: what gives you the right??

            I would like to post more but more and more I keep seeing the same old sorry ass whining and how to fix this team. This season really left me at a loss for words and i didnt know how to respond to all the trouble my team was going thru. I managed to go to 4 games out of the 10 they play in the lou. I know you have the right to call me out cause we live in america but geez. I see no point in calling me out just cause I dont post. Why post when what you are feeling has already been said?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: what gives you the right??

              Was just curious, because I haven't been on this board alot lately but I've been around the net reloading the Rams pages since the last day of the season trying to get new info...but it never happens

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: what gives you the right??

                im here again, and i cant wait for the draft and free agency

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: what gives you the right??

                  Originally posted by jquarando View Post
                  I would like to post more but more and more I keep seeing the same old sorry ass whining and how to fix this team. This season really left me at a loss for words and i didnt know how to respond to all the trouble my team was going thru. I managed to go to 4 games out of the 10 they play in the lou. I know you have the right to call me out cause we live in america but geez. I see no point in calling me out just cause I dont post. Why post when what you are feeling has already been said?
                  Think of something creative to post, anything. People like to hear different things. You don't always think inside the box. Talk about your experiences as a Ram's fan. Analyze players. Talk about anything ...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: what gives you the right??

                    i would keep posting, but those bugs scare me!
                    LA RAMMER

                    It's Jim not Chris
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: what gives you the right??

                      Originally posted by jquarando View Post
                      I would like to post more but more and more I keep seeing the same old sorry ass whining and how to fix this team. This season really left me at a loss for words and i didnt know how to respond to all the trouble my team was going thru. I managed to go to 4 games out of the 10 they play in the lou. I know you have the right to call me out cause we live in america but geez. I see no point in calling me out just cause I dont post. Why post when what you are feeling has already been said?

                      As this poster stated, there are many times that I do not post about the Rams as what I might say has been said....or some of the discussion doesn't peak my interest to participate.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: what gives you the right??

                        Me, I check the site several times a day, when I am near a puter. Sometimes I even check in anonymously if on someone else's puter just to see if there is something I would like to share/know but will wait until I am on my PC before replying.

                        I can go several days at times before contributing anything worthwhile (but that won't stop me from interrupting with inane comments).

                        I cannot help but keep an eye on things though. I am addicted, hooked on the horns for life.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	an_gif_blinking_eye.gif
Views:	1
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	778348
                        RnD

                        GO RAMS!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: what gives you the right??

                          Originally posted by AlphaRam View Post
                          As this poster stated, there are many times that I do not post about the Rams as what I might say has been said....or some of the discussion doesn't peak my interest to participate.

                          Exactamundo!
                          RnD

                          GO RAMS!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: what gives you the right??

                            Not to attack anyone, but can a person's fanhood really be measured by how much time they spend, or how many posts they write on a message board? It just seems like there are other ways to measure something like that.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: what gives you the right??

                              We might as well make a poll about how long each person stays on this site per day. 1 minute to 1 hour, 1 hour to 2 hours, etc.



                              Joking aside, once you are a fan of a team, you're hooked. You can't switch to another team. It's just not the same. I can go burn my Rams jerseys right now, drive to the mall, and buy a Cowboys hat, slap it on my head, and say I like the Cowboys. But I could never call myself a Cowboy's fan. You're only a fan of one NFL team.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 232 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X