New Info on Bartell and Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Info on Bartell and Butler

According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer Butler did not visit the Browns Saturday.

On Bartell he left New Orleans without a contract and has no more visits set up. New Orleans is now looking at Safeties Gerald Sensenbaugh and Darren Sharper. Detroit is also heading in another direction and is close to signing Jabari Greer. They have already added Anthony Henry and Eric King to their secondary. Denver has added Brian Dawkins and Renaldo hill to their secondary. Right now I would say the Rams are in the lead followed by the Saints and then the Broncos.

I think both players may have over estimated their market value and will eventually come back to the Rams.

Re: New Info on Bartell and Butler

have a link?

Free agent cornerback Ron Bartell left town without an offer on Saturday, but he and the Saints are still showing mutual interest and an offer could be on the way Sunday, according to a league source.

Comment

If Ron, Butler and Brown are all brought i will be feeling pretty good about the direction of the franchise.. This is good news, especially about bartell.

I have also heard rumblings the saints are interested in LT, just rumours tho.. but that could play into them losing interest in signing Ron.
      :helmet: Defence Wins Championships:helmet:

Comment

Originally posted by ramsfan1121 View Post
        have a link?
        No links allowed on the forums. (server rules)
        try googling the name of the Cleveland Newspaper-

the actual text from the paper regarding Butler is buried within a related article about CB Goodman from the Dolphins possibly having a visit with the Browns. here's the actual text about Butler for ya:

"In other free agent news, Carl Poston, agent for Giants free agent safety James Butler, said in a text message that his client did not come to Cleveland Saturday night after leaving his visit to St. Louis without a deal. Poston did not say if a visit with the Browns is planned."

Comment

PER ROTOWORLD:

James Butler-DB- Giants Mar. 1 - 12:04 pm et

The player rep for free agent SS James Butler denies reports that his client visited the Browns late Saturday.
          Butler may still be weighing his offer from St. Louis, where he knows the scheme and would be comfortable. The Rams are the only club he's visited.

Comment

Originally posted by RamWraith View Post
            PER ROTOWORLD:

James Butler-DB- Giants Mar. 1 - 12:04 pm et

The player rep for free agent SS James Butler denies reports that his client visited the Browns late Saturday.
            Butler may still be weighing his offer from St. Louis, where he knows the scheme and would be comfortable. The Rams are the only club he's visited.

The rams should get serious and give Aeneas Williams a call :ram:
            :helmet: Defence Wins Championships:helmet:

Comment

Originally posted by 39thebeast View Post
              I think both players may have over estimated their market value and will eventually come back to the Rams.

well they're free agents, so i can't blame them for 'testing the water.'
              But I'm very happy to hear its chilly!

go rams :ram:

Comment

Free agent CB Andre' Goodman has signed a multi-year contract with the Broncos, according to the National Football Post.

Looks like a 2 horse race now, we have more cap room than New Orleans we should get this done

Comment

This all sounds very good. I certainly hope we get Bartell re-signed and Butler as our new SS. My concern is with Butler's agent Carl Poston. For those who recall that name, he was Pace's agent for those years when tried to ink Orlando to a long-term deal. Now of course we had a looney GM in Zygmunt who was just as difficult to work with, but Poston scares me a bit. Regardless, let's hope for the best news shortly.

Go Rams!

Comment

I hope we get both of these guys. Bartell is the best CB in the NFC West and Butler knows the system.

Comment

no links!!!!

the saints slowed down their pace on the third day of free agency sunday, not signing any players, new or old. But they're not done shopping.

They made a contract offer to free agent cornerback ron bartell, according to a league source, and they are evaluating at least two free agent safeties, gerald sensabaugh and darren sharper.

Sensabaugh continued his visit with the saints on sunday. There was no word on whether he left with or without an offer. Sharper is scheduled to visit with the saints today, according to a league source.

Bartell, 27, is mulling offers from at least two teams -- the saints and his former team, the st. Louis rams. The four-year veteran likely won't come cheap. He is rated as one of the top up-and-coming young cornerbacks on the free agent market.
                      The 6-foot-1, 209-pounder has been a starter for the past two years in st. Louis, and after some bouts with inconsistency, he had a breakout season in 2008. He had an nfc west-low 60.2 passer rating on passes thrown his way, and he finished with a flurry, snagging three interceptions, forcing two fumbles and getting a sack in the final five weeks.
                      Last edited by AvengerRam_old; -03-01-2009, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Lets just hope we get it done, Bartell comes to his senses and comes back home.

Comment