My concern about Martz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My concern about Martz

I was listening to Mike Martz's postgame comments. He expressed his disappointment and concerns in an even-tempered, logical and thoughtful manner.

Maybe... that's the problem.

I want him to be ticked off. I want him to be embarrassed. I want him to be irate.

Now, obviously I don't know how Martz is in the locker room as compared to in front of the camera or microphone, so perhaps I'm off base here. But it seems to me that this team needs to get fired up and angry.

Its great to have the best talent and a technical prowess to out-think the opponent. But that is not always going to be the situation, and when its not (as is likely the case this year) you need to beat the opponent with fire and effort!

Come on, Mike... get angry!!!!!!!!!!

Re: My concern about Martz

Maybe it's Martz that should have been traded! not Warner! He continues to make horrible decisions IMPO!

Comment

Warner wasn't traded (nobody wanted to trade for his contract) and Martz can't be. Can we stay on point please?

Comment

I agree, AV. I'd like to see him get fired up every now and again. Honestly, I just don't know what to make of him anymore.

I do know one thing for sure, 10 penalties indicates a team that is not focused and not prepared. How much of that should be on the head coach, I just can't say!
        Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Comment

I'm not sure what to make of Martz either,but it is apparent that Martz is losing a lot of respect around the league.Not that the opinion of the media matters,but Martz has lost some credibility with his peers also.
          ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aries51
            Martz has lost some credibility with his peers also.
            I am curious as to what other NFL Head Coaches have come out in criticism of Martz. I personally haven't heard any, and am sincerely curious as to who would have an opinion on Martz...and what that opinion might be.
            The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Um, I don't know if I really buy into the head coach having to motivate these players. However, I do think the coaching staff needs to have them prepared with a tactical game plan and instill some discipline towards execution.

You know, Bill Kollar is a fiery guy, if that means anything it sure hasn't shown itself along the D-line.

:ramlogo:

Comment

I think Chandler is the problem! Martz always reems his 2nd stringer and Chandler has more years than Martz!LOL :redface:

Comment

I like I said, Rings not %age!

Comment

I would prefer to cheer for the Rams, However this is exceedingly difficult given the absurd decisions being made game after game by the head coach AND the front office. I see NOTHING positive right now. Get ready for losses....12 of them on the way this year alone!! Enjoy!

Comment

I don't disagree that it was a very poor played game and we flat out stunk on many aspects of the game. My point is try backing your statements up. Take a step back and take a couple breaths before you go belly up. The front office, Martz and others don't step on the field. Our players played like crap, and shoot we better damn well fix that. ITS WEEK 2! Warner is gone!

Originally posted by rebel13
                      I would prefer to cheer for the Rams, However this is exceedingly difficult given the absurd decisions being made game after game by the head coach AND the front office. I see NOTHING positive right now. Get ready for losses....12 of them on the way this year alone!! Enjoy!

Comment

You are correct, Warner IS gone. I am reminded of that as I watch us get poor results from our qb. What a sad situation...cut Warner and keep Bulger. What a huge mistake that will cost us for many years. On the optimistic side, in one year Martz will be history and in two Bulger will join him in the unemployment line (hopefully). Maybe we can build something with Smoker!
                        There is no real need to back up my statements at this point. The evidence for Martz being an idiot is plain to see - most of the points I would make have been made many times on these boards. The rest is just my opinion as I disgustingly realize that we are headed back to the "bad old days" of the Tony Banks era. Where will all you Martz lovers be then? :helmet:

Comment

I am reminded of that as I watch us get poor results from our qb.
                          I wasn't aware that a QB rating of 102.2 translates into poor results. Amazing!

Comment

You are correct, Warner IS gone. I am reminded of that as I watch us get poor results from our qb. What a sad situation...cut Warner and keep Bulger. What a huge mistake that will cost us for many years. On the optimistic side, in one year Martz will be history and in two Bulger will join him in the unemployment line (hopefully). Maybe we can build something with Smoker!
                            There is no real need to back up my statements at this point. The evidence for Martz being an idiot is plain to see - most of the points I would make have been made many times on these boards. The rest is just my opinion as I disgustingly realize that we are headed back to the "bad old days" of the Tony Banks era. Where will all you Martz lovers be then? :helmet:
                            you know rebal, I for one take umbrage ot your use of "martz lovers" like a swear word. If you continue in this vein your time on this forum will be short.

Why not argue the point without trying to piss people off? Seams to me that people who can not make a valid argument end up resorting to posts like yours. Lets see if you can do better? mmmm?

__________________________________________________________
                            Keeping the Rams Nation Talking

Comment

Originally posted by NickSeiler
                              I wasn't aware that a QB rating of 102.2 translates into poor results. Amazing!
                              Wow!! And did that 102.2 translate into a win today? And, I assume, a smashing victory over the cards? Statistics can be very misleading! As in this case.

Comment