It must stop here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It must stop here

After a terrible loss like this once again things will fall on Martz. This is the time that he needs to make his big adjustments and show the Rams are still the Rams. My biggest question for him is what happened to spreading the feild. The Rams have a lot of speed still. Bring in Mcdonald for some 5 receiver sets. Hell use Jackson out there. I know I know in order for that to work the o line needs to step up right? Yes and no. If you remember the Rams biggest threat with the greatest show on turf was the quick slants then play makers being play makers. So far this offence looks like any other offence. Bring back the flair the crazy plays this offence has what it takes to
    execute Mad Mike Martz' crazy offensive schemes they just need a chance.

TIME and TIME again we see terrible challenges and poor clock management.
    This has gone on for way to long. Someone needs to simply put it to Martz in a way he could understand. Here I will try. STOP THE BS CLOCK MANAGEMENT AND BAD CHALLENGES. THE GUY IN THE BOOTH WILL CALL YOU AND SAY WHEN YOU SHOULD CHALLENGE. WHEN THE BALL GOES 14 YARDS ON THE ONSIDE KICK YOU DONT CHALLENGE.

Torry Holt and Issac Bruce damn I love these guys. But what happened to the runs after the catch. As soon as the defensive player gets anywhere near them they dive like a qb. They used to run and make plays. People say look at the way they protect the ball. Well I see that only when you are gonna get hit right when you catch it. If that is not the case make a play.
    The runs after the catch are needed for the spreading of the feild to work.

Defence well what can I say? They totally need to step up and do things differently. I think this falls a little on Martz as well. They need to cover the middle alot better. The middle was void of defender's the whole game. Draws will eat us up all year if this continues. It all basically just seeem to fall on over pursuit and blitzes w/o anyone in the box. I hate to say it but the safeties really looked bad today. If they cannot hold down the fort who can.
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -09-19-2004, 02:29 PM.

Re: It must stop here

Originally posted by LongTime
    TIME and TIME again we see terrible challenges and poor clock management.
    I really did not think anything was too far out of the norm today as far as Martz' use of timeouts. Hey timeouts are there to use and Martz uses them when he sees trouble developing. As far as the challenge there is a flip side. Maybe he just wanted to slow things down after that big play by the falcons. When a team makes a big onsides recovery like that they are fired up and the opposing team is a bit shocked. No harm in trying to slow a big mo shift.

Torry Holt and Issac Bruce damn I love these guys. But what happened to the runs after the catch.
    Defensive team speed and zone schemes designed to keep the play in front of the defenders have slowed the RAC. The defenses around the NFL have all improved in this area.

Defence well what can I say? They totally need to step up and do things differently. I think this falls a little on Martz as well.
    I agree the defense was not good at all today. I don't think this falls to Martz except for the fact that he chose Marmie, however, I think it is too early to send him packing. Also, I believe Marmie has entire control over the defense.

:ramlogo:

Comment

It must stop here.
      Enough said. :angryram:

PS: I am so upset.

Comment

I really did not think anything was too far out of the norm today as far as Martz' use of timeouts.
        Exactlty, that is my point nothing is changing in that area. You are talking about Martz' norm right? His norm that gains him constant critisism.

No harm in trying to slow a big mo shift.

In this game it did not bite the rams in arse to bad on that wasted t/o but in plenty others it has. Also by losing a t/o and a challege you get the crowd really roaring. Remember this was not at home. He needs to use better clock management period. Dont disagree just to disagree Ferter you know you are sick of the wasted t/o and empty challenges.

We did not lose this game because of Martz that is not what I was saying. What I was saying is Martz needs to step up now and clean up everything if the Rams are gonna fight through this tough schedule and repeat as division champs.

Defensive team speed and zone schemes designed to keep the play in front of the defenders have slowed the RAC. The defenses around the NFL have all improved in this area.
        I will agree with that but sliding down is helping the defence. The last thing the receivers need to do is help the opposing Defence out.

I agree the defense was not good at all today. I don't think this falls to Martz except for the fact that he chose Marmie, however, I think it is too early to send him packing. Also, I believe Marmie has entire control over the defense.
        Cmon now!!!!! You are telling me that a head coach should not step up and say hey Marmie you need to change things up a bit they are killing us up the middle. Head coach means you control the whole team and that includes the defensive coordinator. If Martz does not make some adjustments this week and the Rams stumble again then it is on his shoulders. If that is not a true statement then I know what is.
        Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -09-19-2004, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Oh OH OH OH OH OH OH OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This really hurt!

Comment

Dont disagree just to disagree Ferter you know you are sick of the wasted t/o and empty challenges.
            I'm sorry you feel that way buddy. I simply don't agree, and not to be quarrelsome, I understand Martz' use of timeouts and challenges. Is it the best approach? Well it's hard to speculate on what could have gone wrong if a timeout had not been called, however, the Rams have had many a big play after a timeout. As far as challenges, well I think if you look around the NFL Martz is not that distanced from his peers.

Cmon now!!!!! You are telling me that a head coach should not step up and say hey Marmie you need to change things up a bit they are killing us up the middle. Head coach means you control the whole team and that includes the defensive coordinator. If Martz does not make some adjustments this week and the Rams stumble again then it is on his shoulders. If that is not a true statement then I know what is.
            Well that is not what I said. However, now that you mention it, maybe Marmie needs to tell the meek Bill Kollar to fire up that D-line? You can only do so much with a game plan. At some point in time you will need to actually hold the players on the field accountable. After all, they are the ones who were in position according to the best laid plans, and yet somehow they kept getting their butts kicked up and down the field.

:ramlogo:

Comment

Preperation- F

Comment

Originally posted by theodus69
                Preperation- F
                If H supposedly helps hemorroids, what does F work on?

Comment

Well that is not what I said. However, now that you mention it, maybe Marmie needs to tell the meek Bill Kollar to fire up that D-line? You can only do so much with a game plan. At some point in time you will need to actually hold the players on the field accountable. After all, they are the ones who were in position according to the best laid plans, and yet somehow they kept getting their butts kicked up and down the field.
                  I could see the point that the players need to be accountable. I really think Arch and Williams were off their game today. But you can blame the coaching on certain things. When "the best laid plans" as you say are continuously failing then maybe they are not the best laid plans and you need to make adjustments, If Marmie is not seeing it then Martz needs too. I really dont see this as "lets have Martz' head" its too early I just hope in this next week of preperation he looks at the defensive scheme and says "Hey Marmie lets cover the middle a little better". "Lets work in a huge variety of blitzes instead of the same basic pushes to the outside, once again exposing the middle".

Comment

Originally posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
                    Torry Holt and Issac Bruce damn I love these guys. But what happened to the runs after the catch. As soon as the defensive player gets anywhere near them they dive like a qb.
                    I can't say that I really saw that yesterday with Bruce.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferter
                      As far as the challenge there is a flip side. Maybe he just wanted to slow things down after that big play by the falcons. When a team makes a big onsides recovery like that they are fired up and the opposing team is a bit shocked. No harm in trying to slow a big mo shift.
                      Nice try. You competing with nickseilerataol to be sMartz' publicist? Giving away a TO on a pointless exercise will not shift larry,curly,or,mo from the home team. They get the ball either way and get to rib the opposing coach in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by adarian_too
                        nickseilerataol
                        ...um, what? :confused:

Comment

Maybe he just wanted to slow things down after that big play by the falcons. When a team makes a big onsides recovery like that they are fired up and the opposing team is a bit shocked. No harm in trying to slow a big mo shift.
                          Slowing down momentum with a timeout, although usually reserved for BASKETBALL coaches, isn't such a bad idea but I really question if that was/is Martz's motivation when he uses CHALLENGES to accomplish the time delay. If it's just a break in rhythm and momentum he's going for, why not just burn a timeout? Challenges are a little more valuable in the long run and shouldn't be wasted.

I will say that I'm more comfortable with the theory that Martz is actually using his brain on these occasions. I feel a lot better about Martz possibly having a plan when it comes to the use of these challenges that, to the rest of the football watching world seem..."mad". I pray that he isn't actually challenging the plays that have been challenged.

Comment

Originally posted by moklerman
                            If it's just a break in rhythm and momentum he's going for, why not just burn a timeout?
                            Because I'm pretty sure that you can get more time by challenging than you could with just a timeout, but don't hold me to that. Anyways, it's not an important point. Martz already admitted he was basing his challenge on bad information about the recovery location of the ball.

Comment

I guess F is some kind of Vacuum, cause right now this team sucks!! :redface: LOL

Comment