Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's only the second game of the season!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's only the second game of the season!!!!!!

That's all I have to say.

Re: It's only the second game of the season!!!!!!

Actually that's not all I have to say. I keep reading about how horrible the RAMS were. How about giving credit to the Falcons. They are the ones who beat us. No matter what gameplan they used it worked. We lost, it's happened before and we have bounced back.

Comment

You have a point, WI. We didn't necessarily "give" the game to Atlanta. They beat us fair and square.

We could have played better -- instead, they did, Vick and the Falcons.

As I mentioned in the chat room, it is rather early to have to regroup already, but that we must do. NOW.

:helmet:

Comment

I'm sorry , but the mudhens.........come on! if this is a playoff calibur team? Well, this is gonna be a long season!!!!

Comment

We definitely got outplayed. We were inconsistent defensively, and the Falcons completely shut down our ground game. That said, I think a lot of it was poor execution on our part as well. That's not said to take anything away from the Falcons, but if we make some of those tackles that we so blatantly missed today, we might be looking at a different (or at least closer) outcome.

Anyways, we were 1-1 after Week 2 last season, too. Too early to write anything off.

Comment

Get ready for a LONG season. Mediocrity......We have arrived. Thank you Mike Martz. You have built an average team out of a Super Bowl Team!! Congratulations.

Comment

mistakes in game#1, out played by the mudhens,= long season!
              Last edited by RamWraith; -09-19-2004, 05:17 PM.

Comment

You are all right! Let cash it in and play for draft picks. I say screw 'em we can't win the rest any way.

Long season or not, I am going on the ride with this team. Bumpy or not I just hope we make some improvements for next week.

Originally posted by theodus69
                mistakes in game#1, out played by the mudhens,= long season!

Comment

I am almost always in a bad mood after a Rams loss, usually because it was one or two dumb mistakes that caused the loss. Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch the game (due to a chiefs-loving policy at the TV station), but from what I heard, it was a combination of things today that caused the loss: A defense that didn't work except in the 3rd quarter, an O-line that decided they would rather watch than play, ST that still can't 'git 'r' done', some questionable coaching, and some dumb moves that resulted in penalties we couldn't afford.
                  So, what's my idea for a solution? I say lick our wounds, put a steak on the black eye, watch the films to see where we made mistakes, practice, and go out next week with our heads held high and kick some butt. We all knew it wouldn't be a 16-0 season. There's still time to make it 15-1.
                  temp_4394_1467243487543_20
                  RAMS!

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFamily
                    I am almost always in a bad mood after a Rams loss, usually because it was one or two dumb mistakes that caused the loss. Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch the game (due to a chiefs-loving policy at the TV station), but from what I heard, it was a combination of things today that caused the loss: A defense that didn't work except in the 3rd quarter, an O-line that decided they would rather watch than play, ST that still can't 'git 'r' done', some questionable coaching, and some dumb moves that resulted in penalties we couldn't afford.
                    So, what's my idea for a solution? I say lick our wounds, put a steak on the black eye, watch the films to see where we made mistakes, practice, and go out next week with our heads held high and kick some butt. We all knew it wouldn't be a 16-0 season. There's still time to make it 15-1.
                    This is one of the best posts I've read post-game, spanning multiple locations. :ramlogo:

Comment

So, what's my idea for a solution? I say lick our wounds, put a steak on the black eye, watch the films to see where we made mistakes, practice, and go out next week with our heads held high and kick some butt. We all knew it wouldn't be a 16-0 season. There's still time to make it 15-1.[/QUOTE]

Amen! Although, I'm doing burgers.

I don't know why so many have to keep coming up with all of those negative vibes. I have been living and dying on a weekly basis with this team since the days of Roman Gabriel. Yes, we have our ups and downs. But, when the going gets tough, we get up, dust the dirt off our pants and get ready for next week.

I've never been as excited in all of those years about this team as much as I have been the last several years. That includes this year. You people need to get over the personnel issues. We got what we got. The bickering is getting old.

I for one will be in the Rams corner no matter who our personnel is, next week, the rest of the year and the next 30 years. I firmly believe we are in every game until the last tick of the clock and you can take that to the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by rebel13
                        Get ready for a LONG season. Mediocrity......We have arrived. Thank you Mike Martz. You have built an average team out of a Super Bowl Team!! Congratulations.
                        You've got to be kidding me.

Last week, 3 turnovers on sustained drives. Clean that up and the game is at minimum 26-10, probably more like 30-10 or 34-10. Looker loses the handle on one, Jackson lets nerves get the better of him, and Bulger makes a bad decision. Those three things are not going to happen every game. Then this game, their run-D stepped up. This shouldn't surprise anyone, their front 7 were made to stop the run. We took a similar offensive scheme in to Atlanta as we did against the Cards. That was a tactical error. Those two defenses are completely different. I just don't see that mistake happening again. It's just too easy to correct.

We're 1-1. Big deal. We knew we weren't going 16-0. We will still go 10-6 and make the playoffs. That's all that matters when you boil it down. Then you just gotta win'em all. Somebody's going to every year, might as well be us.
                        The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

I'd be much happier if the games would have been reversed. Everyone expected bad blocking the 1st game. Then everyone could have been pleased with the turnaround game that featured no sacks and a 100 yard runner. As it is, it's still only the 2nd game but oh what a disappointment.

Comment

Just beat the Saints!

Please beat the Saints!

Just win baby win! :tongue:

I really NEED THIS WIN
                            Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Comment

Well,Right now we are 1-1.Right now there are a ton of 1-1 teams around the league.Whats my point???Not anything really,except that this next game against the Aints should have somewhat of a playoff atmosphere surrounding it and it's only the 3rd game of the season.This next game could be a huge turning point for our team.
                              ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
                                Rams' season closes with a rush
                                by RamWraith
                                By Bryan Burwell
                                Of the Post-Dispatch
                                Sunday, Jan. 16 2005

ATLANTA - At the end of this draining night in Georgia, inside the visitor's
                                locker room in the lower reaches of the Georgia Dome, the Rams' traveling
                                football show was ready to close down. Down the hall in the upbeat Atlanta
                                Falcons locker room, little kids with footballs and Michael Vick jerseys darted
                                back and forth getting autographs from their hometown heroes. Players checked
                                their cell phone voice mails, and perused the gaudy stat sheet that gave all
                                the gory details of their 47-17 rout of the Rams in Saturday night's NFC
                                conference semifinal playoff.

The Falcons' dazzling show is still playing to rave reviews this morning. The
                                NFC South champs are on their way to the NFC Championship Game, and they are
                                brimming with a verve and confidence that only dominant victories like this can
                                bring. Yet here inside the Rams' subdued visiting quarters, the show was
                                closing down for the season. Equipment men packed all the pads and helmets,
                                jerseys, tape and footballs into large trunks and shoved them onto waiting
                                moving vans. The glum-faced front-office brass milled quietly around the room,
                                shaking hands with players and offering soothing words of comfort. The players
                                quietly stuffed their belongings into expensive leather carry-alls, then tried
                                to make sense of this abrupt and decisive destruction at the hands of the
                                Falcons.

"I just knew we were going to do better than that," Leonard Little said as he
                                leaned against his locker stall. "I swear, we practiced against every single
                                play they ran. We knew every scheme they threw at us. I just don't get how it
                                turned out so bad."

From start to finish, there was scant evidence that the Rams had a clue that
                                they knew what they were doing against the Falcons. If you believe in
                                premonitions, maybe the Rams should have known what was in store for them from
                                the beginning of the stunning pre-game pyrotechnics that were so hot they could
                                singe eyebrows from 50 yards away.

The Falcons came jogging out of the Dome end zone tunnel for pre-game
                                introductions to the dazzling fanfare of exploding fireworks, giant
                                flame-throwing torches and throbbing hip-hop music that was so loud and so cool
                                that it turned this rowdy place into a giant domed dance club.

Oh, if only that was the extent of the explosions. But unfortunately for the
                                Rams, the biggest bangs and most devastating detonations on this night were not
                                reserved solely for the pre-game festivities. From start to finish, the Falcons
                                detonated creative pyrotechnics in all of the very familiar weak spots of the
                                Rams.

We all...
                                -01-17-2005, 04:54 AM
                              • RamDez
                                by RamDez
                                By Bryan Burwell
                                Of the Post-Dispatch
                                Sunday, Jan. 16 2005

ATLANTA - At the end of this draining night in Georgia, inside the visitor's
                                locker room in the lower reaches of the Georgia Dome, the Rams' traveling
                                football show was ready to close down. Down the hall in the upbeat Atlanta
                                Falcons locker room, little kids with footballs and Michael Vick jerseys darted
                                back and forth getting autographs from their hometown heroes. Players checked
                                their cell phone voice mails, and perused the gaudy stat sheet that gave all
                                the gory details of their 47-17 rout of the Rams in Saturday night's NFC
                                conference semifinal playoff.

The Falcons' dazzling show is still playing to rave reviews this morning. The
                                NFC South champs are on their way to the NFC Championship Game, and they are
                                brimming with a verve and confidence that only dominant victories like this can
                                bring. Yet here inside the Rams' subdued visiting quarters, the show was
                                closing down for the season. Equipment men packed all the pads and helmets,
                                jerseys, tape and footballs into large trunks and shoved them onto waiting
                                moving vans. The glum-faced front-office brass milled quietly around the room,
                                shaking hands with players and offering soothing words of comfort. The players
                                quietly stuffed their belongings into expensive leather carry-alls, then tried
                                to make sense of this abrupt and decisive destruction at the hands of the
                                Falcons.

"I just knew we were going to do better than that," Leonard Little said as he
                                leaned against his locker stall. "I swear, we practiced against every single
                                play they ran. We knew every scheme they threw at us. I just don't get how it
                                turned out so bad."

From start to finish, there was scant evidence that the Rams had a clue that
                                they knew what they were doing against the Falcons. If you believe in
                                premonitions, maybe the Rams should have known what was in store for them from
                                the beginning of the stunning pre-game pyrotechnics that were so hot they could
                                singe eyebrows from 50 yards away.

The Falcons came jogging out of the Dome end zone tunnel for pre-game
                                introductions to the dazzling fanfare of exploding fireworks, giant
                                flame-throwing torches and throbbing hip-hop music that was so loud and so cool
                                that it turned this rowdy place into a giant domed dance club.

Oh, if only that was the extent of the explosions. But unfortunately for the
                                Rams, the biggest bangs and most devastating detonations on this night were not
                                reserved solely for the pre-game festivities. From start to finish, the Falcons
                                detonated creative pyrotechnics in all of the very familiar weak spots of the
                                Rams.

We all knew this...
                                -01-16-2005, 03:47 AM
                              • mxbrian
                                Falcons Go Lightly
                                by mxbrian
                                OK, here it is, within reach. It would be easy to overlook this Atlanta team with nothing to play for and banged up too. That's what worries me. Don't treat the Falcons lightly. On defense, they are better than the Colts. They would love to be the spoiler and they'd certainly like to extract some revenge. My guess is that Vick will start and play the whole game with Chandler banged up.

Vick, although not a PRO yet, displayed some awesome talent on Sunday. His arm strength is the BEST in the league. I'd put his arm strength up against any QB in the league.

His mobility is un matched in the pocket and out of the pocket.

Yes, he's a rookie, and yes he makes mistakes. However, this would be a bad time to drop the ball on game planning. The Rams need this victory and it is THE MOST IMPORTANT game of the year with no exception. Very important for the defense to plan on containment. Very important that our offensive line protect Kurt Warner, very important to get a big lead early and take their hopes away so that we can rest our starters.

I don't think Atlanta has it in them to beat the Rams, but then again, I didn't think they had it in them to beat the Packers either.

Don't take the Falcons Lightly and win it all RAMS !!!

GO RAMS !!!

:nerd:
                                -12-31-2001, 03:31 PM
                                Rams Upcoming Opponent: Playoff Bound Atlanta Falcons Baby!!
                                by Guest
                                My Atlanta Falcons are going to the playoffs! Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus!

Hopefully you guys can turn around your team in short order as well. Here is your recipe:

1) Hire Scott Pioli and pay him whatever it takes (the "Patriot Way" worked wonders in the A-T-L with Thomas Dimitroff)

2) Hire a great coach (Spagnuolo, Schwartz or maybe Josh Johnson the OC of the Pats.

3) Sign free agent QB Matt Cassel to come in an anchor the offense.

4) Draft an offensive lineman....

Watch the turnaround and
                                -12-21-2008, 06:22 PM
                              • RamWraith
                                Did you know during our last meeting
                                by RamWraith
                                We had a very different looking roster

Did not play:
                                T.Polley, L.Turner, K.Curtis

Not Active
                                T.Fisher, T.Faulk, B.Saipaia, T.Nutten, J.Kennedy,

Not on team:
                                Antuaan Edwards.
                                -01-12-2005, 04:54 AM
                              Working...
                              X