• Show
Clear All

• Seahawks 2-0 but, like Rams, not perfect

Well, after two weeks, the NFC standings will look like this:

Seahawks 2-0
    Rams 1-1
    Cardinals 0-2
    ***** 0-2

The Seahawks have done well to get two road wins in the first two weeks, but they are far from a perfect team.

They have only scored 31 points in two games, and today their offensive numbers were poor: (Hasselbeck 12-26, 147 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int.; Rushing offense: 23 carries, 56 yards).

The point is, its still early, and there's a lot of football to play.

The Rams have their problems, but who doesn't? Let's start a winning streak NOW!!!!!!!

Re: Seahawks 2-0 but, like Rams, not perfect

The 2003 Seahawks started out 2-0 as well. Too early to be crying about the end of the world as some seem to be doing.

Comment

If we start off the season 1-3, then I'll believe this team has serious, inavoidable issues. But I still think we'll start off the season 3-1.

Comment

The Rams had a tough start last year also. It's not the start that matters. It's what they do to adjust and correct as the season goes on that matters.
        sigpic

Comment

This is almost like last year. Lose a game on the road when the O-line doesn't show up, and barely win the home opener. Lets see...what was our record at this time last year? Oh yeah, 1-1 and I think we ended up with a decent record. It is still early, but I will be keeping a close eye on how this team responsds on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by sprtsmac
            This is almost like last year. Lose a game on the road when the O-line doesn't show up, and barely win the home opener. Lets see...what was our record at this time last year? Oh yeah, 1-1 and I think we ended up with a decent record. It is still early, but I will be keeping a close eye on how this team responsds on Sunday.
            Ourstanding point, sprtsmac! Let's compare, shall we...

We start '03 with a 13-23 loss on the road to a very weak Giants. We follow that up with a home win that, were it not for the moronic play of Cedric Wilson, would have been a loss. Yet we find a way to come back and win 11 of the next 14. This year we win a home game with a few hiccups, then go on the road and lose 17-34 to a good team (at minimum better than the Giants last season). Last season 5 of our last 14 games were against playoff teams. This year 6 of our last 14 games are against playoff teams. Coulple that with Martz similar win % against both playoff teams and non-playoff teams and all of a sudden...this schedule isn't exactly the snake pit some think it is.
            The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Two games that looked really difficult on the schedule early on dont look so bad now.Both the Bucs and the Dolphins are 0-2 and appear to have worse problems than we do at this point.If we can come out of the first four games sitting at 3-1 I'll feel a lot better about our chances.It's still early...
              ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Comment

I really think this next game will say a lot. If the Rams come out fired up and play emotional football on both sides of the ball we'll be ok. But if they come out like they did against the Falcons it could be a long game and a long season. I just want to see some emotion out of these guys. I want them to get all fired up and take the game to the Saints.

Comment

predicting the outcomes of games based solely on last seasons win/loss records is inconsistent at best. the falcons were miserable last season but with a healthy vick and a newly installed aggressive defense the falcons may challenge for a playoff spot this year. other teams like the bucs, chiefs and dolphins are all 0-2 despite the success they enjoyed last season. they may bounce back later in the season but who would've thunk that they would be winless at this point.

i think you've gotta look at an nfl season like a boxing match with each game being analogous to rounds. how a team respond to losing is as important as establishing win streaks.

this was a poor showing by the entire team, save holt and bruce, but the season is still young and players have been known to improve...

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• r8rh8rmike
                    Another Monkey For The Seahawks
                    by r8rh8rmike
                    Just when the Seahawks think they shook the monkey, along comes the Ram dominance in Seattle issue. One of these teams will take a big hit to their mental health on Sunday. I'm looking forward to Isaac Bruce pointing to his helmet on a conquered Qwest Field. I know how you Seahawk fans feel about the good Reverend and I'm sure we all hope he plays, albeit for different reasons.

A Ram win would turn the tables in so many ways, as would a win for the Seahawks. This game is SO huge for both teams in so many ways. It should be a good one.
                    -11-07-2005, 09:36 PM
                  • Nick
                    The Rams take down the Seahawks, baby!!!
                    by Nick
                    What a game!!! The Rams topple the Seahawks!!!
                    -10-10-2004, 04:42 PM
                  • Hasselbeck8MVP
                    Seahawks v. Rams - Part II
                    by Hasselbeck8MVP
                    Greetings again Rams fans...tough loss to the Pats today, but I wouldn't be too concerned - you get a Seahawk team that looks softer than Charmin toiletpaper on defense in a week...no Wistrom and more than likely no Ken Lucas (big loss...he had 2 picks in the first meeting).

Offensively since we lost to you...we sputtered to an embarrasing loss in Arizona, but now seem to be finding our niche again - or simply put..#37 is getting the ball much more than he was earlier in the year, just wish he'd slow down so we can afford to keep him!

This should be a real hard fought game on Sunday...and if I wasn't worried enough about playing you during a semi-slump, now we get to play a pissed off Rams team that will be very focused and hungry for a stranglehold on the division tiebreakers.

Good luck this weekend - I'll be floating around here reading your thoughts on this game... :king:
                    -11-07-2004, 11:13 PM
                  • HawksKillRams
                    Starbucks to honor Seahawks
                    by HawksKillRams
                    Starbucks has recently added a new size to their menus:

Short, tall, grande, venti, and Tatupu

If you haven't had an opportunity to sample the Tatupu, don't worry. Come Sunday, your entire team will get to try it. By the way, who's your backup quarterback???
                    -10-09-2006, 02:02 AM
                  • DJRamFan
                    [Seahawks] Rams' comeback still in Hawks' heads
                    by DJRamFan
                    Seattle has struggled ever since St. Louis' Oct. 10 miracle rally

By CLARE FARNSWORTH
                    SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

KIRKLAND -- They are 11 minutes that will live in infamy.

With 7 minutes, 47 seconds remaining in a Week 5 game against the St. Louis Rams at Qwest Field, the Seahawks were a couple of guffaws from completing a laugher. Up 27-10, the Seahawks' No. 1-ranked defense had the Rams backed into a third-and-13 corner at their own 31-yard line.

Before the Seahawks knew what had blindsided them, the Rams ran off 17 points to tie the score in regulation and then scored on the sixth play in overtime to win 33-27.

Five weeks later in St. Louis, the Rams held the Seahawks without a touchdown in winning a rematch.

Has the futility of those games, especially that October loss in Seattle, allowed the Rams to take up residence in the Seahawks' psyche?

"Definitely," Rams defensive end Anthony Hargrove told reporters in St. Louis yesterday. "They've put on a good game, but we've still come away with victories."

The Seahawks get another shot at redemption Saturday, when they host the Rams once again in the first round of the NFL playoffs.

That colossal collapse -- or combustive comeback, depending on which side of the field you were on that October day -- is getting a lot of play this week, for the obvious reason.

After that game, the Seahawks never were the same team that started 3-0.

"Heck, I could tell you that we've blocked it out of our minds," coach Mike Holmgren said this week. "But that would be dishonest. You play a game like that, and if you lose a game like that ... I'm not sure I'll ever forget that game."

The Rams, meanwhile, have relied on the resiliency they flaunted that day several times during the dozen games that followed.

"We've used that a lot this year any time we've faced adversity," quarterback Marc Bulger said in a telephone interview. "A couple weeks ago, we were 6-8 and we knew we had to win our last two. We reflected back to that final quarter of the Seattle game a lot just because of the hole we were in, and knowing we could dig ourselves out."

For those who have forgotten, or simply couldn't bear to watch, here's how the excavation process went:

Bulger completed a 20-yard pass to Isaac Bruce on that third-and-13 play, which became a 35-yard gain to the Seahawks 34 when defensive tackle Rocky Bernard was penalized for a blow to the facemask of the Rams quarterback.

One more third-down conversion, this time a 24-yard pass to Shaun McDonald, set up Bulger's 8-yard touchdown pass to tight end Brandon Manumaleuna that pulled the Rams to within 27-17 with 5:34 left in regulation.
                    -01-06-2005, 03:34 PM
                  Working...
                  X