My Theme Song For The Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Theme Song For The Year

I was trying to think of a good song to express how I feel about this year. The song that came to me, and which I now adopt as my personal Ram fan theme song for this year (and, to some extent, for the Book of SpiralHorns IV), comes from The Alarm, a Welsh band that had some moderate popularity back in my college days.

The song is "Where Were You Hiding When the Storm Broke." The lyrics below convey the message I send to those Ram fans who are losing hope and predicting nothing but gloom.

Where Were You Hiding When The Storm Broke

Born into a war and peace,
    forced to choose between a right and wrong.
    Each man kills the thing he loves,
    for better or for worse.
    Face to face with a ragged truth,
    mixed up or torn in two.
    And turned your back on the only thing,
    that could save you from yourself.

Where were you hiding,
    when the storm broke,
    when the rain began to fall?
    When the thunder and the lightning struck,
    and the rain and the four winds did howl.

After all time building up,
    comes inevitable knocking down.
    Comes deceivers, liars, gamblers,
    pick-pocket entourage.
    Selling out is a cardinal sin,
    sinning with a safety net.
    They say that all things come in threes,
    Well, here comes the third degree.

Where were you hiding,
    when the storm broke,
    and the rain and the four winds did howl.

All cards are marked,
    and all fates will collide.
    The truth is the truth,
    or the truth is surely a lie.
    Get back in your shelter,
    if you can't come down off the fence.
    And one more question,
    where were you?
    Where were you?

Where were you hiding,
    when the storm broke
    and the four winds did howl.

Re: My Theme Song For The Year

Theme song......... Idon't know the words,but " If I could turn back time" by ............ah ah Cher could be shaping up! LOL :tongue:

Comment

Or we could be singing "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS" at the end of the season. :mask:
      JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS
      :ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram:

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
      Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Comment

Quite Possible! :redface:

Comment

How can you have a theme song for a season that's only two weeks old?
          Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Comment

How can I not?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

lol must read this
              by Guest
              I got this from the cards M-board

Random thoughts from people 25-35 years old.

-I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

-More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can
              think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell
              my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

-Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you
              realize you're wrong.

-Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're
              going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to
              be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction
              from which you came, you have to first do something like check your
              watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to
              ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by
              randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.

-That's enough, Nickelback.

-I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

-Is it just me, or are 80% of the people in the "people you may know"
              feature on Facebook people that I do know, but I deliberately choose
              not to be friends with?

-Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't
              work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically
              fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all
              know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards
              or FAQ's. We just figured it out. Today's kids are soft.

-Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and
              suddenly realize I had no idea what the f was going on when I first saw it.

-I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually
              becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting
              90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's
              laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit
              harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one
              who really, really gets it.

-How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

-I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than
              take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

- I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear
              your computer history if you die.

-The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.

- A recent study has shown that playing beer pong contributes to the
              spread of mono and the flu. Yeah, if you suck at it.

- LOL has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".

-09-04-2009, 10:19 PM
            • general counsel
              Sam Shields article in The Players Tribune
              by general counsel
              Someone please find the article by Sam Shields today in The Players Tribune online and post it to this site. It is one of the most inspirational, emotional and moving articles i have ever read. Shields describes his battles with concussions and his road back to the NFL in a way that is extremely moving and real. I am now a GINORMOUS Sam Shields fan.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
              -10-26-2018, 01:37 PM
            • Bruce=GOAT
              Hulk Hogan: I thank God I'm alive
              by Bruce=GOAT
              http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...351002,00.html

WWE wrestling news – The LilsBoys' Over The Top Rope

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
              Hogan: I thank God I'm alive

By SIMON ROTHSTEIN of THE LILSBOYS
              August 04, 2007

WRESTLING legend Hulk Hogan has lashed out at the industry which made him a megastar.

And he has demanded an end to the decades-long cover-up of steroid abuse in the sport.

Hogan, 54, took the muscle-enhancing drugs almost daily for 16 years during his career and says he can spot a user a mile off.

With more than 100 grapplers dying before the age of 50 in the last decade, he is begging others to face up to the crisis.

The Sun has been leading an anti-steroid abuse campaign since wrestler Chris Benoit murdered his wife and seven-year-old son before committing suicide in June.

A handful of former stars have already spoken out and prompted US politicians to start investigating the industry.

But many in the WWE, the world's biggest fight franchise, deny there is a problem and have blasted their ex-colleagues as bitter failures who haven't wrestled in years.

They cannot same the same about Hogan, wrestling's equivalent of Pele or Muhammad Ali who was fighting for them just 12 months ago.

In an exclusive Sun interview, he said: "Are steroids a problem in wrestling? Oh God yeah. They have always been a part of the business. It's prevalent.

"But there's not some big mystery to it. Just open your eyes and it's there. You can look at a wrestler and pretty much tell.

"They will be above their weight range, with these big veins. My body weight is around 285lb, depending on how much junk I eat. Even if I was 25 and clean, I could probably only carry 300lb.

"Yet when I was wrestling I weighed anywhere between 320 and 340lb, because my body was full of water weight.

"My face was puffy, my arms were so bulky I couldn't touch my shoulders. You could take one look at me and know I was on something.

"Steroids have been around for ever in other sports too, but if we have to pick on somebody now then let's pick on wrestling.

"I'm glad the business is in the spotlight because they're probably the only ones smart enough, after being able to dodge it for so long, to know how to fix it."

The Hulkster added: "I remember up until the early 1990s any wrestler could walk into a doctor and they'd write you a prescription for steroids.

"Then there was a huge trial where WWE boss Vince McMahon was unfairly accused and rightly acquitted of distributing the drugs to his workers.

"This ushered in the era of wrestlers playing 'hide and seek'.
              -08-05-2007, 02:28 AM
            • RamDez
              It Begin's
              by RamDez
              The sun was low and the shadows were long, casting themselves over the heather covered hills and mountain’s in this northern part of the world. There was little shelter in this land, most of the natural trees having been torn from the earth a long time ago, in a savage rape of the land and those that remained were bent as if in sorrow for their kind who no longer stood. Sharp granite was showing through the heather, here and there, like bone from some prehistoric monster. Lichen grew upon granite,...
              -12-25-2012, 06:54 AM
            • Fat Pang
              The first ten minutes.
              by Fat Pang
              I really wasn't sure which forum to put this post in. It's about football, but it's not about the Rams or the NFL. It's also very personal, or at least it's very personal in the sense that it's purely about my sensory perceptions of the first ten minutes of a football game from a players point of view. So, I plumped for the the default choice of the lounge, on the basis that in the unlikely event that I offended anyone with my musings, not very many people would see it.

As I think we can all agree, whether Ram fans or not, (and there are some who grace our forums who add to this site and aren't) the start of the football season is something to be savoured and anticipated. We start thinking about the future as soon as our teams last snap is concluded. Whether we were happy with the achievments of our chosen team or not,the future provides the panacea for all ills. Anything is possible in the virtual nirvana that is the future. Worst to first in one season is possible, we all know it, so what's to stop us from dreaming?

It's one of the best features of the human condition, a natural optimism, that, guided by the love of the sport, finds itself a comfortable chair, a jaundiced view and dreams of glories to come. I've already discussed this somewhere else of course, and informed you all of my intention to look for the best this season. I'm sincere in that and hope that I'm pleasantly surprised, but I realised this morning that as I did so, I was talking from a fans point of view.

This is natural of course because I am an armchair fan, but I was also a player for nearly eight years, and so realised that there are other points of view to explore. Player and fan aren't necessarily related either. At college, I knew guys who loved playing the game and were very good at it but who hated watching it and regarded the three hours spent doing so as a complete waste of time. Happy to have their own bones broken, but not too interested in seeing others break theirs.

So there is a difference that we often ignore when it comes to being passionate about the result of a football game and the outcome of a season and the vantage point from which you view it.

We're all guilty of it too. How often have we screamed at the television, berating those players who are on the wrong end of a caning for not caring quite as much as we do? How often have we held them culpable for dashing our dreams? How often have we accused them of being paycheque(paycheck) players with all that is implied in that statement?

I know that I felt that I had cause to do all those things for virtually the entire 90's.:x

However at work this morning, whilst writing a lesson plan that would teach chinese children whose native language is Cantonese, to write Japanese Haiku poetry in English, (Not as hard as it sounds) I thought about this very pertinent fact, something I was surprised I hadn't considered...
              -09-06-2006, 06:36 AM
            Working...
            X