Who is the NFC's best QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the NFC's best QB?

After 2 weeks who do you think rules the gridiron?
    Culpepper
    12.00%
    Warner
    13.33%
    McNabb
    22.67%
    Bulger
    36.00%
    Favre
    9.33%
    other
    6.67%

Re: Who is the NFC's best QB?

There's no question in my mind that at this point it's clearly Donovan McNabb.

Comment

Agreed. I just wish TO was not benefiting from him.

Comment

McNabb indeed looks head and shoulders above the rest at this point. I'm with Av, seeing Owens' flourish is a bitter pill to swallow.

Comment

For someone to say Mcscab just tells me they're thinking of the team and not the QB!
          Just because he's doing good right now doesn't erase his multiple past mistakes that you will see again soon enough, I promise.

Even on drugs, Rush was right!
          Last edited by PTHOR; -10-12-2004, 01:46 PM.

Comment

After Week 5, no one could vote against Culpepper.

Comment

After Week 5, no one could vote against Culpepper.
              TX I agree Culpepper is play very well, but Marc leads them all in yards.

Comment

After five weeks, the answer is Daunte Culpepper, in my opinion.

-72.7% completion percentage (best in the NFC)
                -1,341 yards (2nd best in NFC)
                -8.94 yards per pass (best in the NFC)
                -13 TDs (best in the NFC)
                -1 interception (best in the NFC)

I think Culpepper right now is not only the best QB in the NFC, but best in the league.

Comment

Best qb in the league is by far and away manning.

Comment

You are right GSOT, but the question was the NFC not the whole NFL.

Comment

Bulger is the most accurate QB in the league.Give him the o-line McNabb has or brady etc,and he lights up the NFL brighter than Warner did, give him the team.

Comment

MCNABB he proves it beacuse he could b like micheal vick and run away and have no talent in my opinon but he steps up and stays in the pocket and porves he has power and acc. thats y i think he is a triple threat

Comment

Originally posted by psycho9985
                          Bulger is the most accurate QB in the league.Give him the o-line McNabb has or brady etc,and he lights up the NFL brighter than Warner did, give him the team.
                          He lights it up better than Warner did? Sorry Bulger has quite a long way to go to make that status. When Warner had a line he was Unmatchable. And if we had that line still, Bulger would still be a back up!

Comment

Originally posted by theodus69
                            He lights it up better than Warner did? Sorry Bulger has quite a long way to go to make that status. When Warner had a line he was Unmatchable. And if we had that line still, Bulger would still be a back up!
                            But the question was refering to this year. Not back in 1999. Now, based off that (and maybe some Homerism) I went with Bulgar. If you just take the QB skills, I think MB has better control of the game than any of the others this year. I agree, you put him behind a solid line and I think he would be better than any other in the NFC this year.
                            This space for rent...

Comment

A QB is only as good as his team in most cases. Bulger is no exception. And I wasn't referring to 99, I was a little stumped when some one said Bulger lit it up better than Warner.Unless he ment this year and warner had the worst line in football! Bulger has shown flashes of brilliance..yes , but he also has stunk up the field just as much! This team stinks right now and to put bulger in the top 8 in the NFC is a little favoritism for your teams QB!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RammStein
                                Best QB ever
                                by RammStein
                                In the spirit of my first question (see below) now let's move on to the most important position in the game .. the QB .. whom do you think was the best all around QB in NFL history Terry Bradshaw(Steelers), Joe Namath(Jets), Joe Montana(Niners), Dan Marino(Fins), John Elway(Broncos), Kirk Warner(Rams, always have to have a Ram on the list) .. whom do you think was the best QB ever to grace the field?

though I openly hate the Niners .. I must admit the best QB in my eyes was Joe Montana without proved himself year after year that he was the best thing since slice bread

here's alittle piece of history for you all:
                                did you know Joe Namath played for the Rams in 1977 ahhh the year I was born!

not only that .. the Rams were one of the first teams to play an overtime game, 1955 LA Rams and the Giants .. how funny we play the Giants this coming weekend
                                -10-10-2001, 04:09 PM
                              • rob6465
                                Qb coach??
                                by rob6465
                                Any ideas???
                                -01-15-2012, 07:30 PM
                              • Renee Rogers
                                Qb
                                by Renee Rogers
                                SO who is winning the 3rd string race at this point in the game?;)
                                -08-17-2008, 06:34 AM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                To be great, a QB needs...
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                Let's see where the overall opinions fall...
                                An above-average set of receivers.
                                0.00%
                                An above-average offensive line.
                                17.65%
                                Both an above-average receiving corps and O line.
                                35.29%
                                Either an above-average receiving corps and O line, but not necessarily both.
                                29.41%
                                None of the above. A great QB will succeed even with average (or worse) players around him.
                                17.65%
                                -09-15-2012, 08:18 AM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                1st QB taken = best QB in draft? (the answer may shock you)
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                As I read more and more posts advocating the selection of Jimmy Clausen because he is regarded as the best QB prospect (or, at least, in the top 2 with Bradford, if healthy), I asked myself this question...

How often does the first QB selected in the draft prove to be the best QB?

To answer this, I looked at the drafts from 1997-2007 (a fairly easy task thanks to Wikipedia) to see how often the first QB selected proved to be the most effective pro (I stopped there, as it is a bit too soon to evaluate the QBs from the last two drafts).

Here's what I found:

Year/First QB Selected/Best Pro (round selected)

1997 Jim Druckenmiller/Jake Delhomme (U)
                                Not a very good QB year. Jake Plummer was a 2nd round pick, but I think Delhomme has had a better career. Druckenmiller never caught on.

1998 Peyton Manning/Peyton Manning (1)
                                By selecting Manning over Ryan Leaf, the Colts obtained not only the best QB in the draft, but the best in the decade.

1999 Tim Couch/Donovan McNabb (1)
                                Reverse of 1998. The best QB was the second pick, while the first one selected was a major disappointment.

2000 Chad Pennington/Tom Brady (6)
                                Pennington, a mid-first round pick, has been good, but Brady has been a true late round find.

2001 Michael Vick/Drew Brees (2)
                                Brees may not have reached his peak yet, while Vick is trying to comeback from his low point.

2002 David Carr/David Garrard (4)
                                Not a good QB draft.

2003 Carson Palmer/Carson Palmer (1)
                                Palmer lived up to his draft status. Notable, though, that the next best QB in 2003, Tony Romo, was undrafted.

2004 Eli Manning/Ben Roethlisberger (1)
                                Great QB draft. Big Ben edges Eli and Philip Rivers, but its close.

2005 Alex Smith/Aaron Rogers (1)
                                These two were evenly ranked at the end of the college season. Classic example of paralysis by analysis.

2006 Vince Young/Jay Cutler (1)
                                Still early, but right now I'd have to give the edge to Cutler over Young and certainly Matt Leinart.

2007 Jamarcus Russell/Trent Edwards (3)
                                Another bad QB draft. Edwards is no prize, but he's been better than the train wreck that is Russell.

So... in these 11 drafts, the best QB has only been the first QB taken on two occasions!

What does this mean for the 2010 draft? Well, let's not overstate it... each year and each player stands alone. That said, I'd be careful to boldly pronounce that Clausen (or Bradford) is CLEARLY the best QB in the draft.

For all we know, it could end up being Colt McCoy... or Dan LeFevour... or Levi Brown... or Tony Pike... or Sean Canfield... (heck, it could even be Tim Tebow - I doubt it, but you can't rule it out!).
                                -01-21-2010, 03:32 PM
                              Working...
                              X