X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rammiser
    • Feb 2005

Praying for a good draft.

We all have our opinions and likes and dislikes but we all agree on one thing. Can we please just have an excellent draft for a change? No matter who we draft or what direction we go in how about we get lucky and land some diamonds in the rough and have our players turn out to be good ones. I have my thoughts on who id like but if it improves our Rams I really dont care. I cant take too many more 2 win seasons. I had my fill of those in the 80's and early 90's. So please may the football gods shine down upon us and bless our draft with solid football players. Oh and make sure the Whiners,Hags,Cards and Patsies crap out.
    Aim high Willis, Aim High!
  • chancelandusa

Re: Praying for a good draft.

well said I believe we now actually have some people who know football calling the shots, a few diamonds in the rough though would be nice GO RAMS 09

Comment

• Keenum
      • Nov 2006

I trust the front office more than I have in a long time. I think we will at least do a solid job over the next few days.

Comment

I think the Gods will shine upon us, tomorrow.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tiko377
          Will this draft be the draft that the changes the Rams?
          by Tiko377
          I think this could be the draft that changes the Rams into a wildcard team not this upcoming year but in 2 years.

what does everyone think?
          -03-24-2010, 01:17 PM
        • general counsel
          Please dont expect all of our needs to get filled in one draft
          by general counsel
          One plea of reason to the group as we embark on the draft. We have major needs in many places. We did not get this devoid of talent overnight and we are not going to fix it in one draft. We need to focus on getting quality players. Need is relevant. Fisher knows that. What we dont need to do is draft an inferior player just because people think (even if they are correct) that we "need" a specific position. I hope people will resist the annual temptation to criticize picks (especially later round picks) for failure to get help in every area of need. Short of having about 15 picks in the first 50, there is simply no way for us to completely overhaul our roster in one year.

I know that we are all tired of saying "patience" when it comes to the Rams. However, the hiring of Fisher is the dawn of a new era and if we expect to fill all our needs immediately we are hoping for too much. Can it happen? Sure, our sb 34 title team and last years whiners certainly prove that you can come a very long way in a very short period of time in the cap era. However, odds are, the best we can hope for is substantial improvement and i dont think that goal is unrealistic. Let's not jump down the throats of the guys making the selections over the next couple of days because people think that we haven't fixed everything.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
          -04-26-2012, 10:22 AM
        • bruce4life
          We can say this about our draft
          by bruce4life
          The rams front office show they had a big set of balls. They showed they are willing to take risks and for that we need to thank them for that. It beats the past few years that's for sure...
          -04-30-2012, 09:32 PM
        • txramsfan
          Draft Day...what do you do?
          by txramsfan
          Seriously, I tried last year to watch the draft. Thought that it might be relaxing after a strenous tax season. However, I found myself longing for the guy who painted little trees in the corner because the bushes needed friends. That's how boring I thought this "draft coverage" was. So, how do you make it enjoyable?

This year, it's golf. You know, they should make one of those ESPN commercials about me when I'm going to be fixated on my phone while the draft is on. Then, when the Rams draft Sigmund Freud in the first round and I sling my putter across the green in disgust it will make a perfect Verizon highlight moment.
          -04-04-2008, 12:32 PM
        • RamsSB99
          We need a 3 starters out of this draft (big draft)
          by RamsSB99
          We need to have a big draft and come away with three starters in order to have a big turn around this year. I know you are lucky to get 1 or 2 starters but we need a big draft to have a good shot at being better then an 8-8 team.

Those three starters need to come from the following positions:
          MLB
          OT
          WR
          NT
          SLB

We also need to add at least 2 cheaper veteran free agents after the draft that could challenge for a starting spot or rotation type player.

Two positions we could look at via free agency besides those listed above:
          RB (Backup Jackson)
          CB (If Hill don't pan out)
          -04-20-2009, 07:58 PM
        Working...
        X