Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rams first forced turnover will be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rams first forced turnover will be...

How will the streak end?
    An Aeneas Williams interception
    27.78%
    A Jeremetrius Butler Interception
    0.00%
    An Adam Archuleta forced fumble
    0.00%
    A Leonard Little forced fumble
    27.78%
    A Pisa Tinoisamoa forced fumble
    16.67%
    A Robert Thomas forced fumble
    0.00%
    A special teams fumble recovery
    5.56%
    An Adam Archuleta interception
    0.00%
    A Kwamie Lassiter Interception
    5.56%
    None of the above (list answer below)
    16.67%

Re: The Rams first forced turnover will be...

gotta go with Little. He is due.

Comment

I put a Pisa forced fumble but I think it'll actually be an interception.

Comment

Gotta go with the odds. Aeneas has been there many a time. Now go get one!

Go Rams!!!!

Comment

If there's any justice in the world, Pisa will end the drought.
          The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

.....long overdue! :bored:
            Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Comment

I WILL TAKE WHATEVER AND WHOEVER WANTS TO DO IT! If the offense can't get it done and Wilkins' (Mr. Money) leg isn't enough, then we need the defense to pick up the slack. I LIVE for defensive scoring. It's way WAY overdue.

Comment

...a shocker to the whole football world!

Comment

....is still being eagerly awaited.
                  Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Comment

I'd say negated by a VERY BAD call by the official, but that has already happened at least once.

gap

Comment

The Rams first turnover should have been an Aeneas Williams INT today.

Comment

i voted Little but, the answer should have WELCOMED!

Comment

...next sunday vs. the whiners. During prime time, no less ;)

Comment

I honestly don't care who the heck does it and let them do it again and again and again but looking like an average team here is so heartbreaking ......STRIP THAT BALL BOYS!!!!! Make others fear us once again, it's still early in the season, DO WHAT IT TAKES & MAKE THINGS HAPPEN!!!!

Comment

Why would a team pass the ball against the Rams??

Pickett recovers botched center-QB exchange. That's exciting!!!!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• hawaiianpunch
                                The under-rated linebacker Named Pisa
                                by hawaiianpunch
                                Ive heared a lot of talk, about how our linebacker core is almost complete. and no one knows where to put Pisa Tinoisamoa. And Pisa Is not an every down back. It makes me wonder why people say this. I am his Biggest fan so im Bias. But here is my Reasoning. I Say all this speak is Blasphemy!

Pisa Tinoisamoa In college had the most sacks for any linebacker, totaling 24 sacks in one season, when he was in the NCAA, also the most tackles in his division.

Then again i have heared many say that Pisa is not the greatest but he is Average.

Average!? Ill show you average!

Pisa Tinoisamoa Lead the Team in Tackles! 2003(his rookie season) with 121 tackles and 3 interceptions,and again in 2004 until he was injured, and 2005. and in 2007, Pisa had 79 tackles 4 passes defended and was 5th in the team on tackles while missing 8 games in 2007, with a broken foot.

And this year, in 2008 with 98 tackles and 15 assist tackles, 5 passes defended, 2 forced fumbles and had the most sacks out of all the linebackers with 3. Pisa again went on to lead the team in tackles before Jason Craft (who also played on special teams), and even Will Witherspoon(who i also like).

To add to this impressive resume, Pisa had 42 tackles over three-game span during 2001 season were the most by a Ram over three games tying London Fletcher, and then collected 46 over the same span in 2007, Which is most by any Ram ever.

knowing this idk why the name Tinoisamoa is disgarded as not any every down back.

Now With Spagnolo at the helm of Head coach, who we know loves to mix up his blitz coverages, with linebackers and d - lineman droppin in and out of coverage. i Think Tinoisamoa's game will finally be right where they need him to be, blitzing the quarter back.

I think Hawaii-50 has earned a little more praise then the rams fans have showed him knowing the weird coaches we've gone through since Pisa has in the Mix.

I think that credit is deserved, where credit is due. And knowing how crappy our defense was... i think Pisa deserves a little respect, as one of the best on the team, but it is a team effort, and i think he deserves just a little more kudos. i think our team would be a lot different without him.

Thats my opinion, and if you can refute me i will gladly take a step back and say that Pisa Tinoisamoa, is Average. but until then, Hawaii-50 please keep doing what your doing.

leading the team in tackles.

-Ramblings Hawaiianpunch
                                -04-29-2009, 10:05 PM
                              • HUbison
                                A little love for Pisa T.
                                by HUbison
                                One of the most maligned Rams to date is Pisa Tinoisamoa. The guy has done nothing but play his tail off since he got here, but he is the Rodney Dangerfield of this roster. So I have to give some props for his performance this year.

He leads the team in tackles. He's 9th among OLBs in the NFL. And, maybe most importantly, he is one of the few Rams to play every down with a will to win.

On this roster, that last attribute is at quite a premium.
                                -12-08-2008, 06:27 AM
                              • RamWraith
                                Tinoisamoa In It for the Long Haul
                                by RamWraith
                                By Nick Wagoner
                                Senior Writer

Everything Pisa Tinoisamoa knows about football contract negotiations comes from his knowledge of the movie “Jerry Maguire”.

Following that method, many would think Tinoisamoa would be all about having someone “Show him the money,” but that isn’t who he is and that’s never been what he’s about.

So, in a league where midseason contract extensions are a rarity, it’s no surprise that a player who is in many ways exceptional, signed a five-year contract to stay with the Rams only months before hitting the free agent market.

Of course, Tinoisamoa was a little surprised when the Rams approached his agent Mike Sullivan during the season to try to get something done.

“It really did to be honest,” Tinoisamoa said. “We heard from them about two to three weeks ago. I’m surprised. I don’t know. I watch “Jerry Maguire” a little bit, but it took him the whole year. I figured it would be awhile. Three weeks later (my agent) is telling me we have a great deal.”

For Tinoisamoa, though, a great deal has little to do with monetary compensation though a player who has led his team in tackles in each of his first three seasons and in many ways been an inspirational leader for his teammates and coaches will be well compensated. All he wanted was the opportunity to continue building on the foundation of a career he began with the Rams when they drafted him in the second round of the 2003 NFL Draft.

All Tinoisamoa wanted was the chance to continue playing with the team that drafted him. After an offseason in which the Rams showed a renewed commitment to defense by signing the likes of defensive tackle La’Roi Glover and linebacker Will Witherspoon, Tinoisamoa saw the direction the program was headed.

With that in mind, Tinoisamoa likes what he sees in the future for the defense, particularly at linebacker where he, Witherspoon and Brandon Chillar form a young corps with a tremendous upside.

“That would be great,” Tinoisamoa said. “It’s something I envision and that’s why I told my agent I like the situation I was in. We knew we could have gone to the free agent market and got loads of dough, but that wasn’t what was important to me. It was important to win and be with a great group of guys who are getting better. We have that.”

In his three-plus seasons with the Rams, Tinoisamoa has racked up 424 tackles, six sacks, five interceptions, four forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries in 53 games. It goes without saying that Tinoisamoa is a talented player, but it might be his intangibles that make him the type of player that receives a lucrative contract extension in the middle of a season.

There are few players in the league who have played through injuries as well and as consistently as Tinoisamoa. Two seasons ago, he suffered a separated shoulder on eight occasions...
                                -10-12-2006, 10:33 AM
                              • RamWraith
                                Season In Review - Part I
                                by RamWraith
                                Tuesday, January 16, 2007

By Nick Wagoner
                                Senior Writer

When looking back at the 2006 season, the Rams will see a year full of ups and downs that saw them lay a foundation for the future. It all evened out in the end as St. Louis finished the season 8-8 and just shy of a playoff berth.

This week, stlouisrams.com presents a look back at what was in 2006 in three parts followed by a two-part look at what’s to come in 2007.

When the Rams named Scott Linehan as the head coach last year, he vowed to bring with him organization, discipline, a balanced offense and an attacking defense. After a grueling training camp in the St. Louis heat and four preseason games, Linehan and his revamped troops couldn’t have been more ready to get to the real thing.

Of course, the opener would provide an immediate test with the preseason favorite Denver Broncos coming to town for a Sept. 10 meeting. Denver’s talented offense and super fast defense would make for a good barometer to see where Linehan’s team was and where it could go.

Many expected the opener to be a shootout between two high-octane offenses. But a game that was expected to light up the scoreboard turned into a display of what Linehan and defensive coordinator Jim Haslett had worked on building defensively.

The chants of defense rained down on the Rams as they had one of their finest outings at home in recent memory. Haslett attacked Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer from all angles and harassed Denver into a plethora of turnovers. By the end of the day, Denver had managed just 259 total yards and the Rams had racked up five takeaways and four sacks.

Meanwhile, the offense came up close enough to set up Jeff Wilkins’ six field goals. The defense combined with Wilkins’ kicking gave the Rams an 18-10 victory, a 1-0 record and a fast start to the Linehan era.

More important, though, it appeared to signal a shift to a new brand of football focusing on an attacking defense with a balanced offense. For the first time in a long time, it was the defense that paved the road to victory.

“It’s big,” quarterback Marc Bulger said. “I look back at three years ago; we led the league in takeaways. I certainly put us in some bad positions that year and they bailed me out. You need special teams, you need defense, you need offense to be a contender in this league. You don’t want to be overly excited with one game, but for Coach Linehan’s sake, I think we have put together with Coach Haslett coming in, we might have the defense now.”

The momentum from the week one win seemed like it could lead to a hot start for the Rams that might eventually lead to a playoff berth. Heading into the second week against San Francisco, St. Louis had what appeared to be a prime opportunity to be 2-0.

After all, the ***** were one of the league’s worst...
                                -01-16-2007, 10:20 AM
                              • RamWraith
                                Defense forces more turnovers
                                by RamWraith
                                By Bill Coats
                                ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                                Monday, Sep. 25 2006

GLENDALE, ARIZ. — Standing in the end zone several yards in front of wide-open
                                Arizona tight end Leonard Pope, Rams linebacker Dexter Coakley was stunned to
                                see the ball spiraling straight at him.

"I have no words for it; it was just right there," Coakley said. "My biggest
                                thing was, 'Please, just don't drop it,' because those are the toughest catches
                                to make."

Coakley's hands were sure, and his interception short-circuited a Cardinals
                                drive that could've trimmed the Rams' lead to two points midway through the
                                third quarter. Taking away opportunities was the theme of the day for the Rams'
                                defense in a 16-14 victory in front of a sellout crowd at Cardinals Stadium.

"Our offense needs that ball to score," said linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa, who
                                played with a large brace encasing his left elbow, which he dislocated a week
                                ago in San Francisco. "We want Steven Jackson to run it, we want Torry Holt to
                                catch it. We want to give them as many chances as possible."

Last year, the Rams were minus-10 in turnover margin; only three teams had
                                worse ratios. This year, the Rams are plus-seven. They've snagged six
                                interceptions and recovered four fumbles.

"Turnovers are a big plus for winning," cornerback Fakhir Brown said. "We
                                practice hard, fast, aggressive, and we want to get at least two turnovers
                                every game. We reached our goal again."

Brown and safety Oshiomogho Atogwe also picked off Kurt Warner passes, both in
                                Rams territory. Linebacker Will Witherspoon's recovery of Warner's fumbled snap
                                in the final two minutes sealed the win.

Tinoisamoa, who tipped the ball that Atogwe intercepted, said the bulky brace
                                "bothered me a little bit." But, he added, "it's the only thing that allowed me
                                to play hard out there."

Rookie defensive end Victor Adeyanju acknowledged feeling nervous before his
                                first NFL start. "There were some butterflies, but they went away real quick,"
                                said Adeyanju, a fourth-round draft pick from Indiana University.

He took over for Anthony Hargrove, who didn't make the trip after missing two
                                practices.

The unofficial press box statistics credited Adeyanju with six tackles, tying
                                Witherspoon and safety Corey Chavous for the team high.

"Any time your number's called, you just try to do your best," Adeyanju said.
                                "I felt comfortable. My teammates and the coaches had confidence in me, and I
                                had confidence in myself."
                                -09-25-2006, 04:26 AM
                              Working...
                              X