Donnie Avery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donnie Avery

Any news on whether or not he will switch his number 17 to the 81 (torry holt)??

Re: Donnie Avery

i think if he were going to change, he would've done it already.
    a few guys had new numbers before the last minicamp.

i doubt he would go to 81 though, too soon for someone else to wear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alec22 View Post
      Any news on whether or not he will switch his number 17 to the 81 (torry holt)??
      I believe in college he wore #2 (an ineligible NFL receiver number) so I don't know that he would have a connection to a number other than 17. Donnie Avery may be a "17" for life.
      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

What`s wrong with 17, I WOULDNT mind it at all if he could put on another 17lbs also. I think that would make him pretty scary receiver. Still a little slight, dont you think?
        Last edited by GroundDog39; -05-13-2009, 07:57 AM.

Comment

I think that Avery is working on building his WR skills instead of his jersey number. He had a very good season for a rookie WR and he's going to have to be the number 1 receiver on this squad. I think that's the number he's focused on.

Comment

Originally posted by txramsfan View Post
            I think that Avery is working on building his WR skills instead of his jersey number. He had a very good season for a rookie WR and he's going to have to be the number 1 receiver on this squad. I think that's the number he's focused on.
            I couldn't have said it better.

Comment

wow sometimes i don't even have to post anything. i love this Forum!

Comment

I think having our starters wearing teen numbers is unique. We've had a greatest show on turf wearing 80's, maybe we can make something fun with the teens.

Comment

hey this is my first post. most the time i just read the forums but i finally have some input. I really hope he doesn't change his number im one of the few who has his jersey(my first nfl jersey). AND if i cant wear it next season ill be devasted. I got it signed too when he when to the walmart in st. peters missouri. so if he changes his number he wont be my hero anymore. Dont screw my out of 80 buck avery!!!

Comment

Its not that i cant spell its that i was excited to reply. Sorry about the grammer

Comment

Originally posted by tpknapp62 View Post
                      hey this is my first post. most the time i just read the forums but i finally have some input. I really hope he doesn't change his number im one of the few who has his jersey(my first nfl jersey). AND if i cant wear it next season ill be devasted. I got it signed too when he when to the walmart in st. peters missouri. so if he changes his number he wont be my hero anymore. Dont screw my out of 80 buck avery!!!
                      I think having a signed rookie Avery jersey would be sweet, especially if he changes his number, always wanted a #88 Torry Holt jersey... Retro is in man

Comment

ok um not sure how this answers my question persay, buttt last year there was rumbliling on these boards about avery possibly wanting to switch to torrys number if torry didnt come back, so i was just wondering if anyone had heard anything new; i presume not, er go iam not longer worried. Thanks, i guess? haha

Comment

Originally posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
                          I think having a signed rookie Avery jersey would be sweet, especially if he changes his number, always wanted a #88 Torry Holt jersey... Retro is in man
                          I got one. But it is not signed.

I actually got it from Kurt Warner's Cross line (IIRC) website a few... years ago. It's funny that I cannot remember the details, but it just showed up in the mail one day.

gap

Comment

Donnie Avery is on my Facebook (that statement probably makes me sound like a proper wanker) and I did ask the question about jersey number a bit back, and he said he's keeping it and that a front office official was dicussing the prospect of having 17 Avery jerseys in the Pro Shop. Huzzah.

Comment

ive just asked for him to add me to his FB so if he don`t... i wanna know what you did to get in..;)

i presume he`s the one with U. of Houston graduate `07 next to his name anyway...looked like it might be him in the pic but its shady and he`s wearing a cap..

p.s. anyone want to add me to their FB....i dont go on there that much but i am 2nd on the all time trivia scoreboard on there with a whopping 10,870.pts(which means ive got 1,087 questions correct.) and yes i do like to blow my own trumpet!

Comment