Its the 3rd Quarter right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its the 3rd Quarter right now

I am typing this as I watch but my mind is made up as far as Bulger. He is pretty darn good He is an accident looking for a place to happen but the kid can throw. It's too bad this defense is so bad because if they were just an average defense then we may have a chance. These keystone players on our defense are always out of position and always lost. They are terrible tacklers and the act like they don't give a damn. Our offense can get it done. They need to jell but I think they will improve while our defense will keep stinking up the place. I still say there is a leadership problem on that team which is why our special teams are bad and the team always looks like its pre-season. Martz needs to light a fire under his coach’s asses hot enough so the effect will ripple through each and every unit. Cannot believe this defense I don't think there is a player on that unit that knows what down it is. This is quite possibly the worst defense I have seen the Rams field with the possible exception of 2000. Well Saints got the ball near our goal line again so I will sign out now.

Wait maybe leadership problem is not the way to express it. I think we have a disciplin problem on this team.

Re: Its the 3rd Quarter right now

Agree 100% When will this team give up on Ryan "Running With Ease" Pickett and Damione "Is He On The Field" Lewis?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• live4ramin
      Could it be? Defense...
      by live4ramin
      My love of football is on the offensive side of the ball, particularly the offensive line. The blocking and the pride these guys have when they jel into one unit, usually without much in the way of credit.

But silently this team's defense just keeps getting a little better. If these guys can stay healthy and build a little pride in keeping the offense off the field Spags may turn this group of nobodies into something to get excited about.

I've never had a great defense to watch on Sundays. It was always time to grab a snack and a cold beverage. It could be a life changer for some of us.
      -08-29-2010, 07:42 AM
    • Varg6
      We're trying to make excuses....
      by Varg6
      I'm sick of everyone trying to point fingers at certain people for the losses we've been having. There's no real good reason or explanation as to why we're doing so badly defensively.

This game at least...It's plain and simple. If you have 3 turnovers on offense, you rarely win football games. When you have a less-than mediocre defense with the turnovers added on, you get a loss, its as simple as that.

The one thing (for me) that kills me the most about our team, is that we proved to a lot of people the first game that our defense can really play well. But ever since that loss, we haven't played anywhere near as well as we did that one game. Imagine what record we'd have if we performed every week the way they did the first game. I honestly think we'd be undefeated, but, thats whats I guess ironic about our team. We aren't playing like that.

But anyways, let's stop saying it's all Fisher's fault. Or OJ's fault now. Do I think they're good? No. Do I think they're bad? Well...yeah. But that isn't THE reason why we're allowing points, it's our defense as a whole just playing like poo.
      -11-05-2006, 02:53 PM
    • AvengerRam
      We didn't lose this game because of...
      by AvengerRam
      ...the decision to go for it on 4th down. Sure, in hindsight, the 3 points would have been important, but if the gamble had worked, we may have won easily. (I do agree with the criticism of the play call).

We also didn't lose because of the interception. That was a poor decision, but we never should have been in that position.

We lost because of the defense. They failed to make plays all day. It seems that we cannot handle the loss of 2-3 starters. That speaks to our depth, no doubt, but I also sometimes wonder if Greg Williams' defense may be too complicated to plug in backups.

In any event... here we are... back at .500.

Sigh.
      -10-17-2016, 04:20 AM
    • BrokenWing
      Defense
      by BrokenWing
      What in the hell is going on with our defense today? The Offense comes out and does well so the Defense has to suck? This is really starting to piss me off.
      -10-28-2007, 12:55 PM
    • r8rh8rmike
      Do We Have The Makings Of An Opportunistic, Turnover Creating Defense?
      by r8rh8rmike
      Say what you want about the defense, but through the first three preseason games, they look to me like a hard hitting, aggresive, opportunistic group that can take the ball away from opposing offenses. Multiple turnovers in all three games for a total of nine, I'm really hoping this trend can translate to the regular season because turnovers are game changers.

Now if we can only get that tackling thing down.....
      -08-28-2009, 11:01 AM
    Working...
    X