Hat off to Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hat off to Tx

During the preseason, no one spoke more loudly and consistently than Tx on his doubts about the defense as a whole, especially the run D. I of course hammered the DTs (my pet peeve), and others also worried about the LB and DB, but Tx focused on the D as a whole. I remember much of the dialog.

I have to give Tx credit. He looked into his crystal ball and foresaw danger. We had concerns about Bulger and the OL, which proved to be unwarranted for both have played well.

In my opinion, shows ya who the real football man is - my hat's off to Tx and his early prognosis.

Re: Hat off to Tx

then he had to go and do what he did at the bash dinner LOL

Comment

Since i missed the bash dinner, dez, could you enlighten us as to the behavior to which you refer. I hope he did not show the clan the infamous TX member by unholstering the ankle strap in public.

general counsel

Comment

We had concerns about Bulger and the OL, which proved to be unwarranted for both have played well.
        The O-line has played well?

So, the guys who were specific about what problems the defense might face are less prophetic than a guy who says the "whole" defense will struggle? What's the point of this ego stroking post? I'd give credit to the guys who said that the d-line would struggle with the loss of Wistrom and the uncertainty of the dt's.

Tex is a genius for predicting the defense would struggle after a year when it was already struggling? C'mon, gimme a break.

Comment

Wait Mok,
          You have to agree that the OL has played better than anyone expected. And Bulger has done well. But back during the off season, the only person I remember (there are probably a few other guys who did as well), who consistently called the defense his big fear was Tx. Tx did it specifically, and persistently, and I don't remember him fretting over Bulger. So, from my viewpoint, he called it right.

And what's with your resentment of someone giving someone else props? Geez, is your heart so shallow that you cannot bear to see a fellow fan get a prop?

"12:34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks."

Comment

You have to agree that the OL has played better than anyone expected.
            I don't have to agree to that. Pace is getting beat, the RT is getting dominated and the o-line has given up a ton of sacks. That's pretty much what I feared and expected.

And Bulger has done well. But back during the off season, the only person I remember (there are probably a few other guys who did as well), who consistently called the defense his big fear was Tx. Tx did it specifically, and persistently, and I don't remember him fretting over Bulger. So, from my viewpoint, he called it right.
            Tex doesn't talk about the qb at all so I don't give him credit for not worrying about Bulger. Between losing Wistrom, hiring Marmie and not upgrading at LB and in the secondary I heard plenty of worry about the defense over the off-season. There were also plenty of us who said that the timely turnovers by the defense wouldn't last either. That the Rams were getting bailed out of many games by turnovers that couldn't be counted on to happen on a consistent basis.

And what's with your resentment of someone giving someone else props? Geez, is your heart so shallow that you cannot bear to see a fellow fan get a prop?
            I don't resent you giving Tex props. I resent that you single him out as the only one to see the troubles with the defense. There are a lot of knowledgable fans on this board and it seems uncalled for for a thread to be started to "prop" someone (a moderator, no less) who was only stating the obvious in my opinion.

Comment

TX always has been on a defensive breakdown of how the team will need a good D to win.He has always anylized the D and that has always enlightened me! But Molk also has a good point. The Cap has been a problem , but the Talent pool is dwindling and the offense will not work the way it should. Sorry but the saints are a mediocore team at best. This team has not played any good team yetand OH THEY ARE A COMIN ! The defense is suffering big Time and I myself think it started w/ smith. I have never liked the idea of A SMALL BUT FAST DEFENSE and it has showed that it just is not going to work in St. Louis. This is an offense town boys > In tampa it was a defensive town.I think you go with what works. A solid D and work on Improving that high powered offense! :tough:

Comment

thanks Coy, I appreciate it. mokler is correct in a way, it wasn't that tough to see the problems. My whole thing was we sold our soul to the offense salary cap wise, that is why the defense is going to struggle. That and the three first round picks from a few years ago are not living up to their first round status. Arch included.

Comment

Working...
                X