NFC West best Conference this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFC West best Conference this year?

So far, the NFC West seems to be emerging as the toughest conference in the NFC. I just don't feel the Central is the same ole Central, with the Bucs really sputtering. The Lions are pathetic, and the Vikings have no running game. The Pack haven't played anyone yet. Saints played a tough one last week at New York, the Rams are well the Rams, ***** are much improved, and the Falcons will win some games. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams and the ***** play for the NFC Championship game.

Gotta disagree on a couple of things. First, it's WAY too early to bury the Bucs. I still think they're the best team outside the Rams in the NFC. You also totally neglected to mention the defending champions in New York, with the best front four in the game and a pretty good offense to boot. I don't think much of SF, but agree that Atlanta's pretty good, and I think that Carolina, with their improved OL and getting the play they are out of Weinke may be a factor. Remember, they beat us twice last year.
    And you're right, Minny's an absolute dog. They'll have a losing record.

Comment

I know why I failed to mention the East, it was because of the Redskins, Cowboys, and Cardinals, clearly the three worst teams in the league. No slight to the Giants, who will probably come in at 3-1, or the Eagles who are a definate contender. Its just that those three are soooo bad. The Bucs in my opinion have always been overrated. Last year, the defense wasn't really that strong, and Minnesota did march down the field somewhat easily late in the game.

Comment

the West is a tough division, but it's too early to call it the toughest, there's too much uncertainties. There are other divisions that need to get rearranged like the AFC Central and West with a lot of surprises.

This says "NFC West best Conference" but its the best in the NFC, but too early to say best in the league. The aints are still iffy, they surprised a lot of people last year, but their numbers are being called now and they won't be turning heads this year. The whiners got a decent offense, but defense is still iffy. Carolina has been lucky but shouldn't be pushing too hard. The jury's still out on atlanta - anderson, chandler, vick, etc. - just too many questions.

that's what i think anyway...

Comment

Ok, right now, at this time in football, he he, I think the NFC West is the best conference, in either league. Don't the Colts look AWFULLY familiar? And are the Titans just really that bad in the secondary and passing game? AFC West is good. I'll stop there, that division is good. Aw, it's a lot of fun speculating isn't it?

GO DEFENSE!!!

HOOK'EM!!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Goldenfleece
            Which division do you think will be the most competitive this year?
            by Goldenfleece
            Which division do you think will be the most competitive this year?

I'd say the AFC North.

My whole list would be:

AFC North - The Ravens and Steelers are tough, and the Bengals have talent.

AFC West - The Chargers are elite, and the Broncos have been very good for a long time. The Chiefs aren't great but they can still when games on the back of LJ.

NFC West - Three potential playoff teams. This one is wide open.

AFC South - Colts and Jaguars are both very good teams, but Titans and Texans aren't ready for primetime.

AFC East - Patriots were dangerous last season and have only improved. Jets could be a contender. The Bills and Dolphins both look bad.

NFC East - Redskins have problems. Giants will struggle without Tiki. Big question mark on McNabb, but Eagles and Cowboys should have a good showdown.

NFC South - Saints surprised everyone last season, but that defense still looks suspect. Panthers keep losing guys from that defense and their offense has a name: Steve Smith. Falcons will struggle without Vick. Bucs have problems.

NFC North - Bears will still be tough. Vikings have major problems on offense. Lions look like the same team they were last year (not good). Packers still don't look ready to contend.
            NFC East
            0.00%
            NFC North
            0.00%
            NFC South
            0.00%
            NFC West
            50.00%
            AFC East
            0.00%
            AFC North
            40.00%
            AFC South
            0.00%
            AFC West
            10.00%
            -08-29-2007, 10:45 AM
          • Tampa_Ram
            The NFC West
            by Tampa_Ram
            Welcome to the new and vastly improved NFC West.

I know only 4 weeks have been played, but i don't think many people believed this division would be the leading the NFL in a few key areas.

11-5
            That is the current record for our division, and it is the best winning percentage(.6875) of any division in the NFL. No matter who wins between Chicago and Dallas tonight, we still have the best winning %.

8-0
            That is the current home record for the NFC West. Talk about home field advantage. The closest any other divisions come is the NFC North(7-2) and the AFC North(5-2) respectfully.

The current amount of interceptions the Rams have, which leads the league. Just felt like throwing that in here.

The current total of Points allowed by the NFC West and lowest for any division. The next closest is the NFC North with 317(Bears yet to play week 4)

I know there are many other statistics and that statistics are not always the end all in proving how good or bad a team/player is. But it is apparent that in this now "pass happy" league, that defense can still be the dominant force and that home field advantage can be more of an advantage then many think. That has surely been proven thus far in the season by our NFC West.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!
            -10-01-2012, 05:11 AM
          • Ram Dragoon
            NFC-west Disasterious November start
            by Ram Dragoon
            , Something to snicker about....Cards, Frisco....and the SEA Buzzards all lost. Sorry just had to laugh at the pathetic showing the the NFC-West. Thank the Almighty the Rams had the dayoff--otherwise it could have been a rout of the conference.
            -11-04-2007, 05:59 PM
          • r8rh8rmike
            Round Two: Are The Rams The Best In The NFC West?
            by r8rh8rmike
            Are the Rams the best in the NFC West?

BY REID LAYMANCE
            Monday, November 29, 2010

THE WATERCOOLER:

Are the Rams the best team in the NFC West?

BRYAN BURWELL:

The Rams are showing all the signs of progress that lead you to believe they are the best of this mediocre division. But it is a fragile status because one or two critical injuries can alter things instantly. You saw how effective the passing attack can be with Danario Alexander and Michael Hoomanawanui in there. But a high ankle spraing knocked Big Mike out for the next few weeks and Alexander's fragile knees could go at any time. Winning on the road in Arizona against a Cardinal team working on a short week will cement my opinion that they are the best in the West.

JIM THOMAS:

Sam Bradford has progressed to the point where he might be the best quarterback in the division, no disrespect to former Pro Bowler Matt Hasselbeck. But I still want to see the Rams win another game on the road -- say in Arizona this Sunday -- before I'm convinced they have a real chance to win the NFC West.

BILL COATS:

Because they are the one team in the division that seems to be improving as they go, the Rams probably are the best in the West right now. The defense and special teams are struggling a bit but quarterback Sam Bradford and his receivers are meshing nicely and helping to balance out the offense.

KATHLEEN NELSON:

For the moment, sure, but that's not saying much. The NFC West is the NFL equivalent of the NCAA's Big East conference in football: not one team above .500 in the division, not one ranked team in the Big East. The Rams score more points (19.4) and give up fewer (21.0) than the other three teams. But look at that ratio. The good news is that they have to play each of their division opponents again in the final six games; those three games provide opportunity to take command.

JEFF GORDON:

They can earn that title by winning in Arizona. The NFC Worst is there for the taking. The Seahawks are beat up. The ***** are trying to dig out with Troy Smith at quarterback. The Cardinals are hamstrung by terrible play at that position. Sam Bradford and the improving Rams offense give this team a clear shot at winning the division. Injuries could change all that, of course, but the Rams have a real shot. Beating the Gridbirds on the road would give this team the opportunity to do the unthinkable -- make the playoffs.
            -11-30-2010, 09:20 AM
          • sosa39rams
            Kevin Kolb Sucks! - NFC West
            by sosa39rams
            Our Rams are the favourite to take the division next year. We are the only team with a good QB (soon to be pro bowler).

How do you guys feel about the Seahawks and Cardinals battling it out for Kevin Kolb, or Marc Bulger?

I still think we would be the favourites due to our major success in our past few drafts. Kolb strikes me as the type of guy to do good one game and bad the next. Not too sure on how I feel about him ending up playing for the Cardinals. If they were to trade a first, I'd love it. I think he will be no better than Charlie Whitehurst, which obviously isn't good. The NFC West is up for grabs right now and we have to seize our chances.

RAMS FOR NFC WEST!
            -05-12-2011, 08:02 PM
          Working...
          X