Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Impressed....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm Impressed....

    I have noticed that the attitudes of the Clan have been more positive than normal this week. Whether this change is due to the suggestions of the administrators, the fact that we as fans are optimistic, or just because we are all such great people, it doesn't really matter. It just goes to prove one thing: Rams fans are better people than any other.... :redface:
    temp_4394_1467243487543_20
    RAMS!

  • #2
    Re: I'm Impressed....

    Alternatively, this could be the calm before the real storm hits. (Sorry Avenger - no pun intended.)

    Perhaps, it is easier to be more critical when the team is winning. Now that the Rams have stumbled out of the gate, it might be harder to hit them when they are down.

    IMO, unless they get to the bye week at 5-2 (a real stretch), the season will take a death spiral. It will be at that time that the dark thoughts, that even some of the more positve posters (if you will) have deep inside, will rise to the surface.

    Go Rams... beat the ****ers!!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I'm Impressed....

      Or maybe it's just cause those of us without rose colored glasses know we are at the stage when the Rams are showing the glass wearers the the truth... Not going to jump up and say we told you so. It hurts bad enough just curled up here on the floor...
      This space for rent...

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I'm Impressed....

        Originally posted by thoey
        Not going to jump up and say we told you so.
        I've seen plenty of that from some people. And I'm sure given the opportunity, plenty more will take part.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I'm Impressed....

          I resent them comments thoey. I will always look at things with this team the best I can. I can not control the outcomes and can not allow the Rams to rule my emotions. If this team goes 1-15 I still will not bash them and beat them with a stick. I live my life listening to the non-Ram fans do that enough and will not do the same. Maybe it isn't looking at the Rams with rose-colored glass, but rather looking at the Rams as human beings.

          Now in the same breath, am I disappointed? You frikking bet. Do I swear a lot at the TV? You frikking bet. Does Mike Martz get anal tongue darts on Sundays from me? You Frikking bet.

          I will ber the first to admit we have issues, and see them through my "rose colored glasses". I just would much rather choose to discuss them in a rational matter. And not call people names and scream for someone's head.


          Originally posted by thoey
          Or maybe it's just cause those of us without rose colored glasses know we are at the stage when the Rams are showing the glass wearers the the truth... Not going to jump up and say we told you so. It hurts bad enough just curled up here on the floor...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I'm Impressed....

            Originally posted by RamWraith
            Does Mike Martz get anal tongue darts on Sundays from me? You Frikking bet.
            Did you really just say this :redface:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I'm Impressed....

              Midwestern version of a good 'ol a$$ chewing. NOT gender related :tongue:
              Get your mind out of the gutter man ;)


              Originally posted by Shadesofgrey
              Did you really just say this :redface:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I'm Impressed....

                Originally posted by RamWraith
                I resent them comments thoey. I will always look at things with this team the best I can. I can not control the outcomes and can not allow the Rams to rule my emotions. If this team goes 1-15 I still will not bash them and beat them with a stick. I live my life listening to the non-Ram fans do that enough and will not do the same. Maybe it isn't looking at the Rams with rose-colored glass, but rather looking at the Rams as human beings.

                Now in the same breath, am I disappointed? You frikking bet. Do I swear a lot at the TV? You frikking bet. Does Mike Martz get anal tongue darts on Sundays from me? You Frikking bet.

                I will ber the first to admit we have issues, and see them through my "rose colored glasses". I just would much rather choose to discuss them in a rational matter. And not call people names and scream for someone's head.
                Wraith, please don't take this personally, as the comments below are directed to the subject, not the the person I am replying to.

                You can resent those comments if you like.

                I realize that no matter how we feel we can not effect change on the organization. But I refuse to sit back and watch the potential be thrown away without asking why. I refuse to sit back and watch old, washed-up, not needed players go to other teams and do well without asking why. I refuse to sit back and watch a coach make either the same mistakes every week or new variations on the same old mistakes without asking why?

                And according to some, when I or others ask these questions, we are told in several different ways that we are not fans. We should be quiet as we are disturbing those that are afraid to ask the question why. And if we really feel this way, why do we still support the Rams or come to this board?

                I have been a fan since the 70's. I have been through hell with this team. And recently, I thought that all those years of being patient, but still asking why, were finally going to be paid back. I can't even think of how to express the elation I had after the SB win. Just thinking of it gives me chills, makes my eye's mist up, and makes me smile.

                But since then, I have sat back and watched the dismantling of a team. The mismanagement of a team. And I have to ask why... It is the only way I can get through it.

                I too have friends that are not Rams fans. And I hear their abuse. You can look back in this forum and you will never see where I said the Rams suck. (Well, there have been a few posts during a fit of rage *ahem, Carolina game, ahem* where I might have said something like that. I know I said either that Martz sucks or is an idiot or both).

                And I would hope that when I have come on here to ask why that I have done so rationally. But it is irrational for me to look at something that finally seemed to come together, something that was built for speed and built for the long haul, and watch it crumble so quickly.

                Without asking why...
                This space for rent...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I'm Impressed....

                  I think we are just pumped up to whip the whiners up one side of the field and down the other!!! This is whiner week and we need to shake California up more than it already has been this week!!!!

                  GOOOOOOOOOOO RAMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! :ramlogo:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I'm Impressed....

                    I always have and always do respect what you have to say thoey. And by no means were my comments directed at you per-say, but rather reasons for why I feel the way I do.

                    I would love to come to this board and discuss my dissatisfaction with the team with true fans. However, it is the nature of the beast that some people always make the frustration into humiliation of a team that I have shown nothing but loyalty for so many years. I feel the need to defend this team to the non-supporters and feel I need not have to among their loyalist.

                    I hear and respect EVERY WHY as I too ask the same questions. It's the people that feel the need to not ask why, but rather ask when.

                    Sometimes I think success came to fast for this team for us to totally appreciate everything the Rams have done the last several years. I often wonder if things would have been different if we lost the SB in 1999 and won it 2001. Would we feel different, more a sense of accomplishment?? Not be so critical of errors and not be so judgmental.

                    One thing that always makes me feel better is when all the chips seem to be down is looking back on the Super Bowl victory. I told my wife I would die a happy man just seeing my team win that game. And no matter how bad things got in the future I would always appreciate what they did that season. I never in my wildest dreams, after the '90's, did I think that was possible in my lifetime.



                    Originally posted by thoey
                    Wraith, please don't take this personally, as the comments below are directed to the subject, not the the person I am replying to.

                    You can resent those comments if you like.

                    I realize that no matter how we feel we can not effect change on the organization. But I refuse to sit back and watch the potential be thrown away without asking why. I refuse to sit back and watch old, washed-up, not needed players go to other teams and do well without asking why. I refuse to sit back and watch a coach make either the same mistakes every week or new variations on the same old mistakes without asking why?

                    And according to some, when I or others ask these questions, we are told in several different ways that we are not fans. We should be quiet as we are disturbing those that are afraid to ask the question why. And if we really feel this way, why do we still support the Rams or come to this board?

                    I have been a fan since the 70's. I have been through hell with this team. And recently, I thought that all those years of being patient, but still asking why, were finally going to be paid back. I can't even think of how to express the elation I had after the SB win. Just thinking of it gives me chills, makes my eye's mist up, and makes me smile.

                    But since then, I have sat back and watched the dismantling of a team. The mismanagement of a team. And I have to ask why... It is the only way I can get through it.

                    I too have friends that are not Rams fans. And I hear their abuse. You can look back in this forum and you will never see where I said the Rams suck. (Well, there have been a few posts during a fit of rage *ahem, Carolina game, ahem* where I might have said something like that. I know I said either that Martz sucks or is an idiot or both).

                    And I would hope that when I have come on here to ask why that I have done so rationally. But it is irrational for me to look at something that finally seemed to come together, something that was built for speed and built for the long haul, and watch it crumble so quickly.

                    Without asking why...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I'm Impressed....

                      Wraith...



                      It's all good... We are all on the same side. We just all look at thing a little bit differently.
                      This space for rent...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: I'm Impressed....

                        Well said RamWraith. I think we all have questions about our beloved Rams. Its how we express them that seems to be the difference. Some see the glass as half empty, I prefer to see the glass as half full. Most of us have agonized over the years with this team. But, even with the struggles this team has given me some of my greatest moments and memories of my life. They have been with me always as a passion, as the rest of my life comes and goes. I've always had my Rams. I am and always will be loyal to the core. Next week is just another opportunity to go kick some ***** a**!!! Now, go "getter done!!!

                        Go Rams!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I'm not Impressed....

                          Originally posted by RamWraith
                          Does Mike Martz get anal tongue darts on Sundays from me? You Frikking bet.
                          You ever have one of those moments when you are just walking along just minding your own business and someone runs into you without recourse or warning? This was another one of them ...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: I'm Impressed....

                            Kum-bah-ya, my Rams...

                            Kum-bah-yah...

                            Kum-bah-ya, my Rams...

                            Kum-bah-ya...

                            Kum-bah-ya, my Rams...

                            Kum-bah-ya....

                            Oh, Lord, Kum-bah-ya.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: I'm Impressed....

                              Pass the Doritos & a tissue !!!!! ( sniffle, sniffle )

                              Maineram :ramlogo:

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • AvengerRam_old
                                Too Many Rams Fans Don't Know "Special" When They See It (Pre-Hiatus Thoughts)
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                I guess I thought you'd be here forever. Another illusion I chose to create. Don't know what you've got until its gone. And I found out a little too late. - Chicago

                                The logical side of my mind has struggled with this question for a while: how can people who identify themselves as Ram fans continually nitpick at aspects of the team that, though not perfect, hardly warrant such harsh criticism?

                                The way some fans talk about a coach with a very high winning percentage as if he's a clown with no business coaching... the way they can't wait to get rid of a QB with a 90+ lifetime QB rating... the way they look at a second year RB who is producing despite playing behind a patchwork line and talk about him like he's the problem...

                                It just makes no sense, unless...

                                I finally figured it out.

                                The problem is 1999. The greatest year in Rams history has had a nasty side effect. Certain fans just don't get how special that year was and, as a result, are unable to accept that a year like that may come only once in a lifetime.

                                How often does a team pick up key veterans and rookies, take the league by storm with a dynamic new offense, enjoy career years from several defensive players, make it through the season nearly injury free, find an MVP on the bench to replace the one key player who suffers a major injury, and have all the pieces fall into place for a playoff run ending in a Championship?

                                Why not ask fans of the Seahawks, Cardinals, Oilers/Titans, Chargers, Chiefs, Bills, Lions, Saints, Jets, and many others how long they've been waiting for a year like that.

                                Some fans have become so myopic as a result of that "dream season," that they see everything in black and white. If its not GSOT, it "sucks."

                                Well, my friends, that's not how the real world works. As a fan, you have to do more than describe everything as "good" or "bad." There's also "adequate," "improving," "promising," "declining," "limited," "situational," "underachieving," "overachieving," and "undetermined," to name a few.

                                To always seek perfection is to lose sight of just how special 1999 was. A year like that doesn't come around very often, so savor it, crave it, and seek it... but don't expect it.

                                Anyway, I obviously need to step away from this forum for a little while. I don't know how long I'll be gone. Maybe a day or two, maybe longer. Maybe I'll lurk about, maybe not.

                                I'll see you when I see you.
                                -12-13-2005, 01:15 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                I wonder... is there an Anti-Bandwagon?
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                It comes as no surprise that a team having success will draw its share of "Bandwagon" fans, who can be defined as fans who jump on board during a successful run but disappear when things get tough.

                                As an aside, I don't have a major problem with bandwagon fans, provided that they are at least honest about it. For example, I'll readily admit that, as a graduate of the University of Miami's Law School (as opposed to undergraduate college), I am somewhat of a bandwagon fan of he Hurricanes. I tend to get interested in them when they do well, but I don't spend much time worrying about the team when they are having a down year.

                                I wonder, though... have the Rams developed an Anti-Bandwagon? What I mean by that is, do you think there are fans who are more active and vocal when the team is down (voicing their complaints, critiques and frustrations) who would, paradoxically, become LESS active if the Rams started winning?

                                If you do think that this phenomenon exists, what do you see as the motivation of the Anti-Bandwagon fans? Is it merely the Cub-Fan-esque notion of supporting the "loveable losers," or is it something else?

                                Discuss.
                                -01-06-2010, 11:26 AM
                              • ZiaRam
                                My World: Five Stages of Rams' Fans' Grief
                                by ZiaRam
                                by Patty Hsieh

                                Yes, it's another week without a win.

                                Yes, the Washington Redskins delivered the Rams yet another painful loss on Sunday.

                                And yes, that keeps the Rams winless. We can all wishfully think the numbers were somehow reversed, but the fact of the matter is the Rams are 0-4.

                                We have to come to grips with that reality, do we not?

                                If I were a therapist or psychiatrist I'd ask, "But how does that make you feel?"

                                Well, let's go through the progression of emotions Rams fans are experiencing, shall we?

                                Stage One: Denial
                                Dictionary.com's definition of denial: "An assertion that something said, believed, alleged, etc., is false."

                                "I can't believe the Rams are 0-4!"

                                Some fans are in a state of shock and not understanding what happened. Things just don't make any sense.

                                Didn't the Rams go undefeated in the preseason? The pundits say the preseason doesn't mean anything and the record should be ignored. I agreed with them but many went ahead and drank the Kool-Aid anyway.

                                It wasn't pretty at times, but they at least moved the ball down the field and put up 10 total touchdowns and six field goals. Those four wins did happen, right? Or was all that just an aberration?

                                Fans aren't the only ones in denial though. When asked if he's noticed any bad body language from quarterback Sam Bradford, head coach Steve Spagnuolo replied, "Did I see any? I have not."

                                Just go back to Sunday's game. It's written all over Bradford's face and the way he's gimping to the sideline. He's had more than just the proverbial wind knocked out of him. Even after the game Bradford admits the losses are getting to him: "A little bit. Yeah, I'm not going to lie. It is getting frustrating."

                                Spags might not be able or want to see it, but the fans do. We see it.
                                Stage Two: Anger

                                "A strong feeling of displeasure and belligerence aroused by a wrong; wrath; ire."
                                You would not believe some of the hate tweets Rams players received after the game on Sunday. Fans have the right to express their feelings. I'm not denying that, but you can't cross the line between the player and the plays they make (or not make in these cases).

                                I can't share the worst of them here, but I was in shock at how low supposed fans went to vent their anger. Too bad some of them don't use proper grammar or spelling (we cleaned it up here so as not to embarrass anyone). That would make their point come across more civilized, right?

                                For example,

                                "NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!"

                                "That's great you can be so happy after a shameful display on Sunday. You're a good example of why we lose. #ramswhodontcare"

                                "Hey @Austin_Pettis are you too retarded too call Fair Catch?...
                                -10-04-2011, 11:11 PM
                              • Varg6
                                Describe the Teams' Fans...
                                by Varg6
                                THE RULES:

                                State the good about the fans and the Bad...Thats it!

                                ...And give them a Rating out of 10...10 being the best, 1 being the worst...

                                I'll start off...

                                ST. LOUIS RAMS

                                The Good

                                Usually loyal even when the team is down which is tough in the town they're in. Very knowledgeable, polite, kind and very supportive. We're also quite mature and provide in-depth information on our team. I think its safe to say (at least with the Clan...) we're all here for each other, and generally good people...Very fun people but knows whats crossing the boundary and knows when to stop doing the wrong thing...

                                The Bad

                                Very critical, one loss is usually the end of the world on the board(s). Can become very negative about everything, and usually gets most of us in a bad mood (the losses). I know that happens for me a lot! It ruins my whole week...We're also way too (moods wise)...hot and cold. One win can be a whole great week, which it should be, but when we do win and start getting momentum and then we lose, we become very negative and generally start up feuding with one another, which I hate! (Even though I've provoked it several times )

                                Other than that...We're damn good fans...

                                Rating

                                9.5/10 for Rams fans!
                                -12-24-2006, 09:24 PM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                How many losses does it take to weed out the posers?
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                Wouldn't it be great if, as a silver lining to this era of ineptitude, the Rams' fan base could be reduced to those who truly have an affinity for the team? It can't be denied that there is a substantial portion of the fan base that consists of those who jumped on the bandwagon during the GSOT years, and now finds itself unable to handle the ups and downs that most teams face in the long run.

                                Fans of this type are, in a word, annoying. They blather on with their over-the-top criticisms, insults and preposterous suggestions. They seek out company for their misery. They put down those who adopt a long-term, hopeful, outlook.

                                Unfortunately, the filter effect is only temporary. The posers may finally have enough and fade into the background. But, mark my words, most of them will return when the team starts winning again (and, make no mistake, some day they will).

                                I guess we should be tolerant of these types of fans. It can't be denied that they do add to the crowds during good times, and help comprise the "12th man" in sold out home games.

                                But for those who have been here, and will be here, through thick and thin, let me say this...

                                It is you who will have "earned" the right to take pride in the team's future successes. There is merit to loyalty.

                                Its something the posers will never understand.
                                -11-30-2009, 08:55 AM
                              Working...
                              X