Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keith Null

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Keith Null

    I thought Keith looked good out there. He's accurate and seems to get rid of the ball fast.

    Does anyone think he looks better than any of our other backups? I'm curious because we gave Gado the 2nd spot after his good performance. I'd be fun to see Null in there either with the 2nd or even the 1st stringers.

    Get the kid in it.

  • #2
    Re: Keith Null

    Originally posted by btimsah View Post
    I thought Keith looked good out there. He's accurate and seems to get rid of the ball fast.

    Does anyone think he looks better than any of our other backups? I'm curious because we gave Gado the 2nd spot after his good performance. I'd be fun to see Null in there either with the 2nd or even the 1st stringers.

    Get the kid in it.
    After watching Boller for two weeks, I'd put both Null AND Berlin ahead of him on the depth chart and see what they can do against stronger competition.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Keith Null

      I would be all for Null starting Thursday night and seeing what he can do,if the FO thinks they may have round a diamond in the rough then by all means give him playing time and make him the backup behind Bulger.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Keith Null

        btimsah, I hate to agree with you since I don't want to start a trend, but I believe Null looked a lot better than Boller OR Berlin. I'm nowhere near ready to call him the next Kurt Warner, but I, too, would love to see him play the first half next week.
        We know this year is a make or break year for Marc Bulger. Should he do good, and the FO decides he should stick around next year, he will need a solid backup. If we have one on the roster that isn't costing us millions, we will be able to pick up some street agent for our practice squad, and this, in turn, will give us more cash. Should Marc fail, and the FO sends him down the road, and Null seems to be the guy, well, then there's a draft pick that won't have to be used on a QB.
        To me, letting him play with the starters might end up as a win-win. It might give Boller a kick in the pants and give him the message that he might not be secure as a backup. It will give Null experience with the big boys. It will give the fans the chance to see a QB in the game that keeps it exciting until Marc can come back.

        Of course, I think this is up to some guy we call "Coach".
        temp_4394_1467243487543_20
        RAMS!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Keith Null

          I think we need to switch starters for the next two games. Let Berlin start next game, then Null after that. I think we've already seen what Boller can do...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Keith Null

            Originally posted by RamsFanSam View Post
            btimsah, I hate to agree with you since I don't want to start a trend, but I believe Null looked a lot better than Boller OR Berlin. I'm nowhere near ready to call him the next Kurt Warner, but I, too, would love to see him play the first half next week.
            We know this year is a make or break year for Marc Bulger. Should he do good, and the FO decides he should stick around next year, he will need a solid backup. If we have one on the roster that isn't costing us millions, we will be able to pick up some street agent for our practice squad, and this, in turn, will give us more cash. Should Marc fail, and the FO sends him down the road, and Null seems to be the guy, well, then there's a draft pick that won't have to be used on a QB.
            To me, letting him play with the starters might end up as a win-win. It might give Boller a kick in the pants and give him the message that he might not be secure as a backup. It will give Null experience with the big boys. It will give the fans the chance to see a QB in the game that keeps it exciting until Marc can come back.

            Of course, I think this is up to some guy we call "Coach".
            I have to disagree. Somehow. j/k.

            Good point about how important it is to find a young qb of the future so we don't have to draft one. Although we might have too anyway with the amount of top QB's available...

            Bradford or McCoy could both be great NFL QB's. As an Oklahoman, I'm partial to Bradford cuzz I think he's better with the deep ball.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Keith Null

              Originally posted by Mooselini View Post
              I think we need to switch starters for the next two games. Let Berlin start next game, then Null after that. I think we've already seen what Boller can do...
              Boller can't do*

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Keith Null

                Originally posted by Mooselini View Post
                I think we need to switch starters for the next two games. Let Berlin start next game, then Null after that. I think we've already seen what Boller can do...
                I agree, Boller already has plenty of NFL game experience and it really serves no purpose for him to play much unless Bulger won't be back for the opener, in which case he may need some time with the starters, I to would like to see Null get alot of action and see what he has to offer,who knows he could take over when Bulger is done.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Keith Null

                  Originally posted by jkramsfan View Post
                  I agree, Boller already has plenty of NFL game experience and it really serves no purpose for him to play much unless Bulger won't be back for the opener, in which case he may need some time with the starters, I to would like to see Null get alot of action and see what he has to offer,who knows he could take over when Bulger is done.
                  I disagree .. It isn't how much experience Boller has with another team, it is how much experience he has with our offense and our receivers. There is a very good chance that Bulger will not be able to go in the season opener in which case Boller would be the starter. I would like him to get as many reps as possible should he end up being our starter.

                  Keith Null looks as if he can play in this league .. How long it will take for him to really develop no one knows, but I do hope he shows enough to unseat Berlin. I'm not trying to throw Brock under the bus, but I do believe Null given some seasoning would be a better prospect. Berlin has been hanging around for several years, and likely isn't going to improve suddenly. Null on the other hand is bigger, faster, and has a stronger arm, in other words, alot more upside. I am rooting for Keith, but he'll have to earn his chops. I see no reason at all though, to subtract experience from Boller and the 1st team offense in the hope of finding out whether or not Null can beat out Berlin ..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Keith Null

                    Originally posted by MauiRam View Post
                    I disagree .. It isn't how much experience Boller has with another team, it is how much experience he has with our offense and our receivers. There is a very good chance that Bulger will not be able to go in the season opener in which case Boller would be the starter. I would like him to get as many reps as possible should he end up being our starter.

                    Keith Null looks as if he can play in this league .. How long it will take for him to really develop no one knows, but I do hope he shows enough to unseat Berlin. I'm not trying to throw Brock under the bus, but I do believe Null given some seasoning would be a better prospect. Berlin has been hanging around for several years, and likely isn't going to improve suddenly. Null on the other hand is bigger, faster, and has a stronger arm, in other words, alot more upside. I am rooting for Keith, but he'll have to earn his chops. I see no reason at all though, to subtract experience from Boller and the 1st team offense in the hope of finding out whether or not Null can beat out Berlin ..
                    I agree only if Bulger won't be back, Boller gets most of the snaps if not all in practice (I would assume) and Null has been in games against guys who won't even make there respective teams so I think he needs some time with the big boys to make sure he can play at this level considering he came from a div 2 school ( I could be wrong on that) and was considered a longshot at best.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Keith Null

                      Originally posted by jkramsfan View Post
                      I agree only if Bulger won't be back, Boller gets most of the snaps if not all in practice (I would assume) and Null has been in games against guys who won't even make there respective teams so I think he needs some time with the big boys to make sure he can play at this level considering he came from a div 2 school ( I could be wrong on that) and was considered a longshot at best.
                      Null and void the defense.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Keith Null

                        If we all seem to agree that the rams are "rebuilding" why not just go ahead and release Boler and keep Null and Berlin because the front office will probably draft a QB high in next years draft anyway. Why try and play it safe and only win a few games anyway. Warner didn't have any game experience and no one really beleived he'd be successful either. Of course, looking back on it it's easy to say what a tremendous job by the rams at finding a guy like Warner,but it was all luck or something. He hadn't beat out Green in camp so he was going to be a backup with no playing time or he would have been cut. Imagine if the rams would have done that?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Keith Null

                          Berlin and Null are obviously doin better than boller right now. 1 of them will not make the team. I hope Null does make the team.

                          i would like 2 see what null can do vs the 1st team Ds.

                          its 2 early but Keith Null may just be the next Tom Brady (hopefully i didn jinx it)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Keith Null

                            I think Berlin is what he is. I believe the Rams know what to expect from this guy.

                            The mystery is Null. I really want to see more of this kid. So far I really like what I've seen.

                            Go Rams

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Keith Null

                              START Null, he reminds me of a young Warner.

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • realchamp11
                                keith null
                                by realchamp11
                                i dont understand why people thought null was ready to start. He's a rookie and not even from the D1 level. He was/is NO WHERE close to being ready to be a starter
                                -12-13-2009, 05:52 PM
                              • r8rh8rmike
                                Round Two: Why Not Null At QB For Rams?
                                by r8rh8rmike
                                11.25.2009 11:53 am
                                Why not Null at QB for Rams?
                                By Roger Hensley



                                QUESTION: With only six games remaining and the St. Louis Rams sitting at 1-9, and with QB Marc Bulger injured, why are the Rams not considering Keith Null at QB so they can see what they’ve got there? Rookie QBs play all the time, surely he’s prepared after being with the team since training camp, right?

                                JIM THOMAS

                                Apparently this is hard for some to fathom, but Keith Null IS NOT READY. He played at WEST Texas A&M, not Texas A&M. It wasn’t until October that he even felt comfortable taking snaps from center. If you think Marc Bulger had communication and timing issues with Brandon Gibson, what do you think will happen with Null? To borrow from a Rams Park colleague, about the best thing Null has going for him right now is an absence of failure. And whether you’re 1-9 or 9-1 — this is the NFL. You play to win. This is November, not August. And right now, Kyle Boller gives the Rams their best chance to win.

                                BERNIE MIKLASZ

                                No. 1, Null is a very raw project. A small-college guy from a spread offense. He needs a lot of time to prep before he can start an NFL game. He’s at a disadvantage compared to other rookie QBs who played in major-college programs and in more pro-style offenses.

                                No. 2, he has had virtually no practice time at all in running this offense. It would be a disservice to the kid to throw him to the wolves. Why do people want to see him fail at a job before he’s ready to take on that job? What’s the point? Why get him massacred? Irresponsible.

                                No. 3, the Rams aren’t as high on Null as people seem to think that they are.

                                BRYAN BURWELL

                                Unless there is a major medical disaster to Kyle Boller, there is no reason to put a rookie QB who doesn’t forecast as a star into the lineup as a starter. Would I like to see him in for a look-see? Sure, but perhaps the Rams staff has already seen enough of Null and they don’t think he is ready yet.

                                BILL COATS

                                Null’s simply not ready. As the No. 3 QB, he’s gotten very few reps in practice since the start of the regular season because Kyle Boller does the scout-team work. It would be unfair to Null to toss him in there now. You would set him up to fail by doing so.
                                -11-25-2009, 10:41 AM
                              • Guest's Avatar
                                Does he, or doesn't he? Version 2.0: Keith Null
                                by Guest
                                in this version i will be askin if Keith null beats out Brock berlin to be the 3rd QB this season..

                                so my friends here on the clan...


                                Does he, Or doesn't he?
                                yes
                                85.37%
                                35
                                no
                                14.63%
                                6
                                -08-26-2009, 11:06 PM
                              • BEER
                                Article on Kieth Null.
                                by BEER
                                By Jeff Gordon
                                STLTODAY.COM SPORTS COLUMNIST
                                08/20/2009

                                Ryan Leaf was one of the most egregious draft busts in NFL history. He went second overall to the San Diego Chargers and failed miserably.

                                He alienated teammates, fans and media types. He suffered serious shoulder and wrist injuries. Later, after the Chargers turned him out, he failed to sustain comebacks in Tampa Bay and Dallas.


                                Now his protégé is trying to succeed where he failed.

                                As an assistant coach at West Texas A&M, Leaf helped develop Keith Null into a hugely productive Division II quarterback. Now Null is getting his shot under much different circumstances than Leaf enjoyed -– as a sixth-round Rams draft pick fighting for the No. 3 quarterback slot.

                                Many experts left him out of their pre-draft rankings. Others mentioned him as a potential street free agent, or “camp arm” as they say in the business.

                                But Null could become much more than that. He is a big prospect (6-foot-4, 220 pounds) with a big arm and a nice passing touch.

                                He offers intriguing physical tools and a productive collegiate background.

                                With starting quarterback Marc Bulger missing the rest of preseason play with a broken finger, Null will get additional work as he battles Brock Berlin for the No. 3 job behind Bulger and Kyle Boller.

                                Maybe, just maybe, Null could become a true developmental quarterback. His considerable potential could earn him a roster spot if he continues progressing through the preseason.

                                Null did not look like a small-town, small-school rube during training camp. He knew exactly what he was getting into when he reported to work at Rams Park.

                                Leaf helped get him ready. Null learned from Leaf’s fortune and misfortune.

                                “He has gone through it all, to say the last,” Null said. “He’s definitely had a lot of experiences. He has learned from all of those.

                                “We really enjoyed each other. I enjoyed having him as a coach and I know he enjoyed having me as a player. We got along great.”

                                Leaf’s tenure at the school ended abruptly and badly. He developed a painkiller addiction after his NFL career ended and that led to his arrest on drug charges.

                                But Leaf has stayed connected with Null while working through his personal and legal issues.

                                “He just called me two or three days ago and left me a message,” Null said. “I actually have to call him back. It’s been pretty busy around here.

                                “We talk every two or three weeks, He says in touch. He is very encouraging and helpful for me.”

                                Null threw for 5,097 yards in his senior season and capped his career with stellar Division II playoff and all-star game performances. Null threw for 595 yards and seven touchdowns against Abilene Christian in a playoff game and later earned MVP honors at the Valero Cactus Bowl.
                                ...
                                -08-20-2009, 02:53 PM
                              • Guest's Avatar
                                keith null?
                                by Guest
                                so will keith finish up the second half tonight? i expect kyle and brock to split the 1st half with keith finishing the game up.. does that sound fair?
                                -09-03-2009, 02:00 PM
                              Working...
                              X