Keith Null

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Null

I thought Keith looked good out there. He's accurate and seems to get rid of the ball fast.

Does anyone think he looks better than any of our other backups? I'm curious because we gave Gado the 2nd spot after his good performance. I'd be fun to see Null in there either with the 2nd or even the 1st stringers.

Get the kid in it.

Re: Keith Null

Originally posted by btimsah View Post
    I thought Keith looked good out there. He's accurate and seems to get rid of the ball fast.

Does anyone think he looks better than any of our other backups? I'm curious because we gave Gado the 2nd spot after his good performance. I'd be fun to see Null in there either with the 2nd or even the 1st stringers.

Get the kid in it.
    After watching Boller for two weeks, I'd put both Null AND Berlin ahead of him on the depth chart and see what they can do against stronger competition.

Comment

I would be all for Null starting Thursday night and seeing what he can do,if the FO thinks they may have round a diamond in the rough then by all means give him playing time and make him the backup behind Bulger.

Comment

btimsah, I hate to agree with you since I don't want to start a trend, but I believe Null looked a lot better than Boller OR Berlin. I'm nowhere near ready to call him the next Kurt Warner, but I, too, would love to see him play the first half next week.
        We know this year is a make or break year for Marc Bulger. Should he do good, and the FO decides he should stick around next year, he will need a solid backup. If we have one on the roster that isn't costing us millions, we will be able to pick up some street agent for our practice squad, and this, in turn, will give us more cash. Should Marc fail, and the FO sends him down the road, and Null seems to be the guy, well, then there's a draft pick that won't have to be used on a QB.
        To me, letting him play with the starters might end up as a win-win. It might give Boller a kick in the pants and give him the message that he might not be secure as a backup. It will give Null experience with the big boys. It will give the fans the chance to see a QB in the game that keeps it exciting until Marc can come back.

Of course, I think this is up to some guy we call "Coach".
        temp_4394_1467243487543_20
        RAMS!

Comment

I think we need to switch starters for the next two games. Let Berlin start next game, then Null after that. I think we've already seen what Boller can do...

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFanSam View Post
            btimsah, I hate to agree with you since I don't want to start a trend, but I believe Null looked a lot better than Boller OR Berlin. I'm nowhere near ready to call him the next Kurt Warner, but I, too, would love to see him play the first half next week.
            We know this year is a make or break year for Marc Bulger. Should he do good, and the FO decides he should stick around next year, he will need a solid backup. If we have one on the roster that isn't costing us millions, we will be able to pick up some street agent for our practice squad, and this, in turn, will give us more cash. Should Marc fail, and the FO sends him down the road, and Null seems to be the guy, well, then there's a draft pick that won't have to be used on a QB.
            To me, letting him play with the starters might end up as a win-win. It might give Boller a kick in the pants and give him the message that he might not be secure as a backup. It will give Null experience with the big boys. It will give the fans the chance to see a QB in the game that keeps it exciting until Marc can come back.

Of course, I think this is up to some guy we call "Coach".
            I have to disagree. Somehow. j/k.

Good point about how important it is to find a young qb of the future so we don't have to draft one. Although we might have too anyway with the amount of top QB's available...

Bradford or McCoy could both be great NFL QB's. As an Oklahoman, I'm partial to Bradford cuzz I think he's better with the deep ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooselini View Post
              I think we need to switch starters for the next two games. Let Berlin start next game, then Null after that. I think we've already seen what Boller can do...
              Boller can't do*

Comment

Originally posted by Mooselini View Post
                I agree, Boller already has plenty of NFL game experience and it really serves no purpose for him to play much unless Bulger won't be back for the opener, in which case he may need some time with the starters, I to would like to see Null get alot of action and see what he has to offer,who knows he could take over when Bulger is done.

Comment

Originally posted by jkramsfan View Post
                  I agree, Boller already has plenty of NFL game experience and it really serves no purpose for him to play much unless Bulger won't be back for the opener, in which case he may need some time with the starters, I to would like to see Null get alot of action and see what he has to offer,who knows he could take over when Bulger is done.
                  I disagree .. It isn't how much experience Boller has with another team, it is how much experience he has with our offense and our receivers. There is a very good chance that Bulger will not be able to go in the season opener in which case Boller would be the starter. I would like him to get as many reps as possible should he end up being our starter.

Keith Null looks as if he can play in this league .. How long it will take for him to really develop no one knows, but I do hope he shows enough to unseat Berlin. I'm not trying to throw Brock under the bus, but I do believe Null given some seasoning would be a better prospect. Berlin has been hanging around for several years, and likely isn't going to improve suddenly. Null on the other hand is bigger, faster, and has a stronger arm, in other words, alot more upside. I am rooting for Keith, but he'll have to earn his chops. I see no reason at all though, to subtract experience from Boller and the 1st team offense in the hope of finding out whether or not Null can beat out Berlin ..

Comment

Originally posted by MauiRam View Post
                    I disagree .. It isn't how much experience Boller has with another team, it is how much experience he has with our offense and our receivers. There is a very good chance that Bulger will not be able to go in the season opener in which case Boller would be the starter. I would like him to get as many reps as possible should he end up being our starter.

Keith Null looks as if he can play in this league .. How long it will take for him to really develop no one knows, but I do hope he shows enough to unseat Berlin. I'm not trying to throw Brock under the bus, but I do believe Null given some seasoning would be a better prospect. Berlin has been hanging around for several years, and likely isn't going to improve suddenly. Null on the other hand is bigger, faster, and has a stronger arm, in other words, alot more upside. I am rooting for Keith, but he'll have to earn his chops. I see no reason at all though, to subtract experience from Boller and the 1st team offense in the hope of finding out whether or not Null can beat out Berlin ..
                    I agree only if Bulger won't be back, Boller gets most of the snaps if not all in practice (I would assume) and Null has been in games against guys who won't even make there respective teams so I think he needs some time with the big boys to make sure he can play at this level considering he came from a div 2 school ( I could be wrong on that) and was considered a longshot at best.

Comment

Originally posted by jkramsfan View Post
                      I agree only if Bulger won't be back, Boller gets most of the snaps if not all in practice (I would assume) and Null has been in games against guys who won't even make there respective teams so I think he needs some time with the big boys to make sure he can play at this level considering he came from a div 2 school ( I could be wrong on that) and was considered a longshot at best.
                      Null and void the defense.

Comment

If we all seem to agree that the rams are "rebuilding" why not just go ahead and release Boler and keep Null and Berlin because the front office will probably draft a QB high in next years draft anyway. Why try and play it safe and only win a few games anyway. Warner didn't have any game experience and no one really beleived he'd be successful either. Of course, looking back on it it's easy to say what a tremendous job by the rams at finding a guy like Warner,but it was all luck or something. He hadn't beat out Green in camp so he was going to be a backup with no playing time or he would have been cut. Imagine if the rams would have done that?

Comment

Berlin and Null are obviously doin better than boller right now. 1 of them will not make the team. I hope Null does make the team.

i would like 2 see what null can do vs the 1st team Ds.

its 2 early but Keith Null may just be the next Tom Brady (hopefully i didn jinx it)

Comment

I think Berlin is what he is. I believe the Rams know what to expect from this guy.

The mystery is Null. I really want to see more of this kid. So far I really like what I've seen.

Go Rams

Comment

START Null, he reminds me of a young Warner.

Comment