Time to separate the sheep from The Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to separate the sheep from The Rams

First 5 cuts have to be made by Sept 1,I believe. Since I don't have tape to review, I can't offer an informed opinion on a lot of these guys but I'd have my bags packed if I were..

David Roach. Multiple glaring mistakes through all 3 games so far. I hope Dahl gets more time to earn his FOSS status( Friend of Steve Spagnuolo). Todd Johnson still needed on STs but his lack of speed makes me nervous about safety depth.

Any number of OLers, starting with Center Mattran. I think he was the treestump who let that blitzer make Brockberry jam out of poor Berlin. Even Leckey looked better than that.

Tim Carter has been hurt & got poor service from the back-up QBs but he's looking like one DeSpags reclamation project that may not work out.

Any other nominees?
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -08-28-2009, 10:32 AM.

Re: Time to separate the sheep from The Rams

Carter will stay just because we need the receiver depth for another game. He'll be cut before we get to 53 though. Johnson's hanging by the barest of threads but he won't be cut yet either.

I'd say Oline and Dline depth as well as maybe Klop and a someone from the secondary.
    I believe!:ram:

Comment

If Klop doesn't go, I'm going to eat my shoe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooselini View Post
        If Klop doesn't go, I'm going to eat my shoe.
        I kind of want to see Klop hang around now just because I'd like to see a video of that.

Comment

Sorry Moose, but I have to second Nick's idea. Now I hope Klop stays at least through this first round of cuts!
          I believe!:ram:

Comment

Originally posted by Azul e Oro View Post
            First 5 cuts have to be made by Sept 1,I believe. Since I don't have tape to review, I can't offer an informed opinion on a lot of these guys but I'd have my bags packed if I were..

David Roach. Multiple glaring mistakes through all 3 games so far. I hope Dahl gets more time to earn his FOSS status( Friend of Steve Spagnuolo). Todd Johnson still needed on STs but his lack of speed makes me nervous about safety depth.

Any number of OLers, starting with Center Mattran. I think he was the treestump who let that blitzer make Brockberry jam out of poor Berlin. Even Leckey looked better than that.

Tim Carter has been hurt & got poor service from the back-up QBs but he's looking like one DeSpags reclamation project that may not work out.

Any other nominees?
            I'm pretter sure it was Setterstrom who let that blitzer right through to Berlin. Mattran might be alright but he's barely got any playing time so we wouldn't really know.

Comment

Originally posted by ramfan247 View Post
              I'm pretter sure it was Setterstrom who let that blitzer right through to Berlin.
              It definitely was Setterstrom who made that abysmal effort and let the blitzer cream Berlin. I don't know what he was thinking, or NOT thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
                It definitely was Setterstrom who made that abysmal effort and let the blitzer cream Berlin. I don't know what he was thinking, or NOT thinking.
                Ugh... sorry to hear that. Always liked Sett but that was pathetic. Heard he did better at guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Azul e Oro View Post
                  Ugh... sorry to hear that. Always liked Sett but that was pathetic. Heard he did better at guard.
                  He was solid at guard. Let's hope nothing happens to Jason Brown.

Comment

Working...
                  X