Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laughable Rams' Rumor From NFL.com

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Laughable Rams' Rumor From NFL.com

    Pats considering adding a veteran backup QB

    Posted: August 30th, 2009 | Jason La Canfora | Tags: A.J. Feeley, Kevin Kolb, Kevin O'Connell, Michael Vick, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, St. Louis Rams


    The Patriots opting to cut young quarterback Kevin O’Connell on Sunday caught many by surprise, but New England is one of several teams looking at veteran options at the position.

    The Patriots are among the many teams to express an interest in Philadelphia’s A.J. Feeley. Some execs believe New England is where Feeley will end up, but, according to a source, the Eagles do not plan on parting with Feeley until they know how long Michael Vick will have to sit out.

    The wait for Vick to be reinstated could range from one to six games, and Feeley is the only other experienced backup on the team, with Kevin Kolb still unproven and largely untested in the regular season.

    St. Louis could also be a potential landing spot for Feeley.

    Where do these guys get this stuff?

  • #2
    Re: Laughable Rams' Rumor From NFL.com

    The only way St. Louis would be a landing spot for Feely is if he signs with a West Coast team and he has to change planes in St. Louis.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Laughable Rams' Rumor From NFL.com

      I don't think it's incredibly ridiculous - I suspect it's largely based on his time in the Philly offense and the Rams having ties there.

      That said, I don't think it's all that likely either. Perhaps the Rams would be interested if Feeley is cut, but I doubt they get into a bidding war with draft picks.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Laughable Rams' Rumor From NFL.com

        Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
        Where do these guys get this stuff?
        Mike, I guarantee it comes from the fact that Shurmur was his last position coach. It's no different than all the Culpepper rumors when Linny was here.
        The more things change, the more they stay the same.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Laughable Rams' Rumor From NFL.com

          I needed a good Monday pick me up, thanks Mike!
          I believe!:ram:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Laughable Rams' Rumor From NFL.com

            Just shows how pathetic the media is at doing their jobs. You see these kinds of rumors all the time. There is no basis behind it other than some loose connection ...

            Similar to the rumors of Vick maybe coming here because he was Daveney's guy ...

            It never ends, and the media will continue to be a bunch of overpaid schmucks with a few exceptions ...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Laughable Rams' Rumor From NFL.com

              Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
              Where do these guys get this stuff?
              Feeley will land on the moon before he lands on the Rams this year.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Laughable Rams' Rumor From NFL.com

                As someone pointed out, Shurmur was Feeley's last position coach and obviously Spagnuolo used to coach in Philly and knows Feeley and his capabilities. I've certainly heard more implausible rumors over the years.

                Thing is, I don't think the Rams need him. Boller is locked in at #2 and I don't think Feeley is better than Boller, nor would he be amenable to signing with St. Louis and being a #3 guy- after being a viable 2nd string guy for much of his career. This would also require the Rams to cut BOTH Null and Berlin- since you're not going to keep 4 QB's on your roster- and this isn't happening.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Laughable Rams' Rumor From NFL.com

                  Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
                  Thing is, I don't think the Rams need him. Boller is locked in at #2 and I don't think Feeley is better than Boller, nor would he be amenable to signing with St. Louis and being a #3 guy- after being a viable 2nd string guy for much of his career. This would also require the Rams to cut BOTH Null and Berlin- since you're not going to keep 4 QB's on your roster- and this isn't happening.
                  These are my thoughts exactly and fairly obvious to anyone doing their homework, which La Canfora obviously didn't do before adding the Rams to his highly speculative piece.

                  The Rams are just an afterthough to most writers, not worthy of accuracy. I posted an AP article yesterday about Bulger retuning to practice that also had some filler about Boller (which I left out), saying he had yet to throw a TD pass this preseason.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Laughable Rams' Rumor From NFL.com

                    Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    I don't think it's incredibly ridiculous - I suspect it's largely based on his time in the Philly offense and the Rams having ties there.

                    That said, I don't think it's all that likely either. Perhaps the Rams would be interested if Feeley is cut, but I doubt they get into a bidding war with draft picks.
                    I agree with you Nick, chances are it's not even close to ever happening,but it isn't totally out of the question.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Laughable Rams' Rumor From NFL.com

                      Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
                      As someone pointed out, Shurmur was Feeley's last position coach and obviously Spagnuolo used to coach in Philly and knows Feeley and his capabilities. I've certainly heard more implausible rumors over the years.

                      Thing is, I don't think the Rams need him. Boller is locked in at #2 and I don't think Feeley is better than Boller, nor would he be amenable to signing with St. Louis and being a #3 guy- after being a viable 2nd string guy for much of his career. This would also require the Rams to cut BOTH Null and Berlin- since you're not going to keep 4 QB's on your roster- and this isn't happening.
                      He may not be better than Boller, but how about Bulger?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Laughable Rams' Rumor From NFL.com

                        Boller looked good last week but was really weak the week before. I could see it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Laughable Rams' Rumor From NFL.com

                          Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
                          The only way St. Louis would be a landing spot for Feely is if he signs with a West Coast team and he has to change planes in St. Louis.
                          That's a good one!

                          Comment

                          Loading...
                          Working...
                          X