Looks Like It Will Be A Tough Decision Between Berlin And Null

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks Like It Will Be A Tough Decision Between Berlin And Null

How close are these guys? If tonight was supposed to make things clear, I'm not sure that happened. Null did well, but looked a bit shakey at times, while Berlin had a good night and looked very poised. There will no doubt be many factors in deciding who makes the final roster, but this looks to be a tough call for the Rams.

Re: Looks Like It Will Be A Tough Decision Between Berlin And Null

It's Berlin. Null looked rough (not always his fault because his o-line was HORRIBLE on the right side) and with Bulger's finger banged up, they have to go with more than a rookie project. They can try and put Null on the practice squad.

Comment

It was Berlin. Berlin looked sharp out there.

But I can tell our offensive line is the focal point this season...Boller got lit up out there.

Comment

Null has taken my preference over Berlin, that's just me. I think the Rams "however", are going for Berlin. :helmet: For now.

How about Null kept safe for a little later in our practice squad? Allow him some time to develop in Ramland.

Comment

How about we get rid of Boller and keep Berlin and Null? These two newbies look alot more accurate and get rid of the ball faster.

Comment

the way the o-line is playing the Rams may want to keep all 4,because they just might need all of them by the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by jkramsfan View Post
              the way the o-line is playing the Rams may want to keep all 4,because they just might need all of them by the end of the season.
              Haha I will second that. Boller didn't want to take any snaps at center any more after the two sacks.

Comment

Here's how I look at these two.....the clipboard fits in both their hands. If we have to play a 3rd string QB at anytime this season we are in even worse trouble. The NFL may put the Rams on double secret probation for impersonating a NFL team.

Comment

Berlin has been around for a while; a year on the Fins PS and their farm team in Europe. Nobody wanted him after he was cut in '06. In short, he has had the opportunities to get better but really hasn't.

I dunno what Null's ceiling is. His college career suggests there is better to come, doesn't it? Nor was he disgraceful in pre-season under the circumstances. Then again, he probably isn't as steady as Berlin would be just because of experience.

Balance in favor of keeping Berlin active-I think it's his last year of PS eligibility,anyway, and try to tuck Null away on the PS & hope he doesn't get a better offer. I'd think twice about leaving the team that drafted me and be a 3rd at some other probably equally weak team;better
                  to bide my time in STL where there's considerable haziness about the starter position for next year and the current #2 is almost certainly not the answer. Possibly the shortest path to a starter opportunity.
                  Last edited by Azul e Oro; -09-04-2009, 12:34 PM.

Comment

If the decision came down to last nights game, I think it's going to go to Berlin.

Comment

We can keep both, Keep Berlin as the number 3 and then put Null on the Practice squad.

Comment

I really don't think Null makes it to the practice squad.

The Rams are not a playoff team right now. So, for me, considering the rook's performance, his upside, his age and his poise, I lean towards the rook over Berlin, whose what........50? :-)

Worse case senario, if we need him, I am sure Berlin would be available.

This really isn't that close for me, and I like Berlin.
                        Semper Fi!

Comment

TX, as always, you get right to the point! If either of these guys see the field we are dead as julius ceasar.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Tx is right, we're done if we end up needing either of these guys, but that isn't the question. Who should we go with?

In my opinion, if you have to decide between a vet and a rookie that are equal in terms of talent, you go with the rookie because he can get better. Berlin has shown what he can do. Null is still developing. We're screwed if we need either one, so why not give the reps to Null who might develop into something?
                            I believe!:ram:

Comment

Originally posted by TekeRam View Post
                              Tx is right, we're done if we end up needing either of these guys, but that isn't the question. Who should we go with?

In my opinion, if you have to decide between a vet and a rookie that are equal in terms of talent, you go with the rookie because he can get better. Berlin has shown what he can do. Null is still developing. We're screwed if we need either one, so why not give the reps to Null who might develop into something?
                              Great point. It will probably come down to Berlin's experience versus Null's potential, and the fact that the Rams probably won't be able to hide Null on the practice squad. If the Rams see any chance Null can develop into something, they'll most likely keep him. I still think it'll be a close call and wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way.

Comment

widgetinstance 232 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X