• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RAMarkable
    • Jun 2004

Re: Culberson back to replace Draft

Originally posted by rammiser View Post
    The only thing that worries me is Culberson went from being cut to being a starter. So he wasnt good enough to make the team the other day but now he's good enough to be the starter? That would be my only concern.
    Yeah, just what I was thinking also. NTM no other team picking him up either after he was cut gives us a pretty good idea what the rest of the league thinks of him.

WHAT SAY YE?

Comment

• MoonJoe
      Rams Nation MVP
      • Mar 2002

Agreed, what the heck are they thinking?
      "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

• evil disco man
        • Nov 2001

Originally posted by rammiser View Post
        The only thing that worries me is Culberson went from being cut to being a starter. So he wasnt good enough to make the team the other day but now he's good enough to be the starter? That would be my only concern.
        I could be wrong, but I don't think they meant QC is replacing Draft as a starter. They probably meant he's taking Draft's roster spot.

One other note: Veterans like Draft are guaranteed their salary once the season starts. The Rams wanted to re-work his contract and might've figured they wouldn't get it done by Sunday. He may be cut for now, but if Draft doesn't get any big offers from another team, it's possible he could re-sign next week or sometime for the league minimum.

Comment

• MoonJoe
          Rams Nation MVP
          • Mar 2002

Originally posted by evil disco man View Post
          I could be wrong, but I don't think they meant QC is replacing Draft as a starter. They probably meant he's taking Draft's roster spot.

One other note: Veterans like Draft are guaranteed their salary once the season starts. The Rams wanted to re-work his contract and might've figured they wouldn't get it done by Sunday. He may be cut for now, but if Draft doesn't get any big offers from another team, it's possible he could re-sign next week or sometime for the league minimum.

Excellent point EDM! You have your thinking cap on tonight!
          "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

• tomahawk247
            • Feb 2006

Culberson isnt the starter, just replacing him on the roster

David Vobora had already passed Draft for the starting job at SLB, which is why draft became expendable
            @EssexRam_

Comment

Working...
            X